Patrick Bateman

Rotoworld Software Upgrade Questions and Feedback

19 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

I see this in my settings.

I haven't had this with any other website that I've noticed. how do I turn this off?

at the top I have "#" when I get a notification, but I also get a pop up. is there a way to still see the # but not get the pop up?

Account settings --> notification settings --> adjust settings to your satisfaction.

Alternatively, it should have given you the option (via pop-up :P) to disable pop-up/desktop notifications when you first logged back on post-upgrade.

I agree with person who said put the forum as in "Fantasy Baseball" on whatever here as an option at the BOTTOM of the page too.  This was also a pain in the old version.  Why do we have to always re-scroll all the way up to the top of the page if we want to exit a thread and return to the forum we are on????

Again this isn't something negative in this version; this is something negative in all versions.  If you are doing feedback then how about fixing it this time around.  Thank you.

Also PLEASE get rid of the stupid sound effect every time someone posts in a thread.  Sounds like a rogue bubble got loose in a water cooler.  Make it stopppppp.  This happens on another forum too probably run by the same company.  It does NOT sound cool.  It serves no purpose.  And it is annoying as hell.  Turn it off ASAP!!!

PS:  Two more gurgling sounds while I just typed the paragraph above about the annoying gurgling sounds.  Eliminate gurgles!!!

once upon a time ESPN had forums and they went for and upgrade and never came back. A year later and we are still getting this message

We are currently upgrading our commenting and forums. We will have things back up and running shortly.

You RW users should just be happy we have something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

Also noticed that it appears we can't embed youtube or any other video clips any more.

Nothing has changed with videos....

Test.

• Like 3

To be honest I don't like the new look. There are now only 2 themes to choose from and both are very similar. Unsure why the old layout I preferred isn't available as a theme.

Clicking on the dot or star to the left of a topic title was the way to get to the last post you've seen on the desktop version. But the good thing about the old mobile version was that you could just click on the topic title to do the same thing.

Also, it seems to be running slower (mobile version in testing). This one I'm expecting to improve in the coming days, but right now it takes noticeably longer to load a page compared to yesterday.

That said, I appreciate the mods creating this thread. Hopefully more constructive criticism is posted to help get the community where it was (or actually improve) instead of just angry vents.

5 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Also PLEASE get rid of the stupid sound effect every time someone posts in a thread.  Sounds like a rogue bubble got loose in a water cooler.  Make it stopppppp.  This happens on another forum too probably run by the same company.  It does NOT sound cool.  It serves no purpose.  And it is annoying as hell.  Turn it off ASAP!!!

PS:  Two more gurgling sounds while I just typed the paragraph above about the annoying gurgling sounds.  Eliminate gurgles!!!

This can be repaired in your account settings. 

6 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I agree with person who said put the forum as in "Fantasy Baseball" on whatever here as an option at the BOTTOM of the page too.  This was also a pain in the old version.  Why do we have to always re-scroll all the way up to the top of the page if we want to exit a thread and return to the forum we are on????

Again this isn't something negative in this version; this is something negative in all versions.  If you are doing feedback then how about fixing it this time around.  Thank you.

is this sound every time someone makes a post? I keep my speakers off so I don't have this, but I noticed this in the settings..

Notification preferences

Show popup window when I receive a new personal message
    Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community
    Play a sound when I receive a notification

1 hour ago, rc10 said:

It appears the search function isn't working properly either.

We are told the Search function will slowly rebuild over a few days so please have some patience.  It should work in 48-72 hours normally.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

We are told the Search function will slowly rebuild over a few days so please have some patience.  It should work in 48-72 hours normally.

Good to hear, thanks.

I'm not getting notifications anymore. How do I fix this? I'm on mobile.

Honestly, I think it's a bit early to say you don't like the new upgrade. I mean, history has shown *many* people don't like change. People get comfortable with things and expect them to be a certain way, when this is changed or interrupted, some come out of that comfort zone.... There may be features you don't even know about yet, that you may end up really enjoying.....Patience :)

Read the book, Who Moved My Cheese

5 minutes ago, The Harsh said:

@The Big Bat Theory

@PPolanco and @SpecialFNK gave you the solution for removing sound notifications.

Can any of you three tell me if tagging your name notifies you?

I see this in my notification thing..

The Harsh mentioned you in a topic: Rotoworld Software Upgrade Questions and Feedback

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

One thing I noticed is the quotes from posts before the change aren't attributed to the poster or even marked as quotes... will make sorting through comment chains made before today a real pain.

This should rebuild over time as well...... in theory!  :lol:

1 hour ago, Fiveohnine said:

If it ain't broke don't fix it. 

But this actually goes beyond that and breaks a bunch of stuff while improving NOTHING. 

i can't even get out of the mobile version anymore. 

I did (and do) like to be able to get the desktop view on my phone.    

It looks like they upgraded from having separate mobile/desktop views before to a responsive design using bootstrap on the front end, which is pretty much what everyone does nowadays.  

1 minute ago, SpecialFNK said:

I see this in my notification thing..

Nice! And were you able to remove the desktop/pop-up notifications?

Received the notification. I do really like that we can now tag people

4 minutes ago, The Harsh said:

Nice! And were you able to remove the desktop/pop-up notifications?

I get a small box pop up on the bottom right of my window if I'm on another tab. I can turn off notifications here but wouldn't that mean I don't see a number at the top under notifications? I like being able to see that I have new notifications with the # at the top, but I don't need the small pop up window. I don't know if that is from my firefox browser or this site.

Browser notifications enabled

Your browser has enabled desktop notifications, allowing us to tell you when there's new content even if you aren't active in this window.

^isn't that more because of firefox than this forum?

5 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

I get a small box pop up on the bottom right of my window if I'm on another tab. I can turn off notifications here but wouldn't that mean I don't see a number at the top under notifications? I like being able to see that I have new notifications with the # at the top, but I don't need the small pop up window. I don't know if that is from my firefox browser or this site.

^isn't that more because of firefox than this forum?

Yup, which is why I mentioned the browser asked you when you re-logged on for the first time. Which browser are you using? You can remove individual site's desktop notifications through content settings on all browsers, but some take a few more steps than others. Either way, a simple Google search should get you through it, but I'd be happy to help if that's easier for you.

Edit: Just registered you mentioned Firefox. Do the following:

Tools --> Options --> Content --> "Choose which sites are allowed to send you notifications" --> Adjust settings accordingly.

1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

Is there a way to edit the source in the editor anymore?

I don't believe so, but what exactly are you trying to do?

27 minutes ago, The Harsh said:

@The Big Bat Theory

@PPolanco and @SpecialFNK gave you the solution for removing sound notifications.

Can any of you three tell me if tagging your name notifies you?

I got notifications from you and from other people (PPolnco and SpecialFNK) who didn't have the "@" in front of my user name.  Either as "mentioned" or "quoted".

And thanks for the ability to turn off the gurgles though I think "off" should be the default.

If you want to keep track of browsers for any reason I use Firefox.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Just now, The Big Bat Theory said:

I got notifications from you and from other people (PPolnco and SpecialFNK) who didn't have the "@" in front of their user name.  Either as "mentioned" or "quoted".

And thanks for the ability to turn off the gurgles though I think "off" should be the default.

If you want to keep track of browsers for any reason I use Firefox.

If the "quote" notification bothers you, you can turn it off. I'm not sure if turning off a tag notification is an option. Let me go through it.

2 minutes ago, The Harsh said:

Yup, which is why I mentioned the browser asked you when you re-logged on for the first time. Which browser are you using? You can remove individual site's desktop notifications through content settings on all browsers, but some take a few more steps than others. Either way, a simple Google search should get you through it, but I'd be happy to help if that's easier for you.

I have firefox.

I searched and found one site that gave a solution but I haven't tried it. it said right click anywhere on this site. then click view page info. that had a pop up screen. under permissions and down to Receive Notifications there are 3 options, Always Ask - Allow- Block. right now I have Allow. if I click block will that block this pop up window here? I've never noticed it before on any other website.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

I have firefox.

I searched and found one site that gave a solution but I haven't tried it. it said right click anywhere on this site. then click view page info. that had a pop up screen. under permissions and down to Receive Notifications there are 3 options, Always Ask - Allow- Block. right now I have Allow. if I click block will that block this pop up window here? I've never noticed it before on any other website.

Yup, that should do it.