davidgoretiz

Nick Senzel- 3B Reds

Recommended Posts

The reds will need to go at least 4-6 to avoid the worst 25 game start in the history of the franchise. 

 

Senzel hasn't gotten off to a great AAA start, he did hit his first homerun yesterday but is striking out a lot. He has the polish. I just feel like we are going to see him soon as a much needed morale boost for the sad state of this franchise right now. FO and mgmt is going to be wiped clean. 

Edited by loro1991

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The comments by Price today tell me he is just as frustrated with the situation and wanted to let management know. To basically publicly say “we need this guy but it’s not my decision” is effectually saying He disagrees with the front office...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what are the Reds waiting for?

 

Quote

Reds manager Bryan Price said Sunday that he's not sure when top prospect Nick Senzel will be called up to the majors.

 

The Reds have already passed the date where they gain an extra year of team control on Senzel, but he's still with Triple-A Louisville and it's unclear when that will change. Price acknowledged that the club could use Senzel at third base in the wake of Eugenio Suarez's thumb injury, but he added that the decision isn't up to him. Despite the uncertainty, we expect him to be up with the big club soon. The 22-year-old recently had a four-game hitless streak in Triple-A, but he's hit safely in four straight games, including a home run on Saturday. It's worth noting that he's been back at second base in recent days after playing three straight games at third base.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

At least he’s taking it all in stride. 

 

(Unless maybe that means he heard when he’s coming. Who knows.)

Edited by Philoumenos
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philoumenos said:

 

At least he’s taking it all in stride. 

 

(Unless maybe that means he heard when he’s coming. Who knows.)

 

intriguing to say the least

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know they don't owe random Joe Blow fantasy players anything, but at this point I'd rather have the clarity of something like Acuna's situation. It's not optimal to have to wait for him, but at least we'd know so we could plan and not sit twiddling our thumbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the official word is out:

 

Quote

"The most important thing is to make sure we're all convinced that he is ready to be here and playing productively," Reds general manager Dick Williams said on Monday. "A lot goes into that. It's just making sure his confidence is in the right place and the approach we're seeing is right and he is doing it consistently. Bringing a guy like that up, you want him to come and stay. You want it to be more dictated by his performance and confidence as opposed to being dictated by the situation here."

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/no-immediate-plans-for-nick-senzel-callup/c-272450266

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, did I just got back in time to last year?  This is becoming very similar to Amed Rosario and the Mets...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he's not called up soon, you have to wonder if they're waiting till Super-2.  If you're going to burn the Super-2 year, you might as well do it as soon as possible and get the extra 5-6 weeks of impact from the player.  

 

Point being ... I think Senzel is either called up by this weekend, or we're waiting till mid-June.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Wait, did I just got back in time to last year?  This is becoming very similar to Amed Rosario and the Mets...

 

 and Alex Bregman the year before.

 

isn't it more than likely a player is going to have some trouble? we get spoiled with some players that come up and are great right away and we expect these top prospects are just going to keep doing that. Bregman came up and was terrible, but the Astros stuck with him and he turned things around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

 

 and Alex Bregman the year before.

 

isn't it more than likely a player is going to have some trouble? we get spoiled with some players that come up and are great right away and we expect these top prospects are just going to keep doing that. Bregman came up and was terrible, but the Astros stuck with him and he turned things around.

I call this the Ryan Braun factor.  He blew up immedistely. Since then everyone wants to find the next Braun so people chase prospects. Same with me. I picked up Senzel based on various reports. So it's anyone's guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coleporter said:

I call this the Ryan Braun factor.  He blew up immedistely. Since then everyone wants to find the next Braun so people chase prospects. Same with me. I picked up Senzel based on various reports. So it's anyone's guess.

 

I dont know, it worked out pretty well last year for anyone who picked up Zimmer and Bellinger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Philoumenos said:

This is such BS, if he was scalding hot to start the year and Suarez was healthy, Senzel would still be in AAA for the exact reason that he's saying it shouldn't be about. 

 

I think the teams handle this poorly by communicating to the player through reporters rather than telling them early that they'll likely be in AAA for a significant portion of the year.

 

If that turns out to be the case, more speaking in general than Senzel's sitatuion specifically. Although this looks like where it's headed is super 2 status. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, coleporter said:

I call this the Ryan Braun factor.  He blew up immedistely. Since then everyone wants to find the next Braun so people chase prospects. Same with me. I picked up Senzel based on various reports. So it's anyone's guess.

The problem is that every year, obviously, we have examples of a hot prospect getting called up and working out.

 

Now obviously, there are a lot more prospects that get called up and don't work out. But with guys like Bellinger, Benintendi, Seager, Bryant, Hoskins, Turner, Lindor and Fulmer just in the past few years, everyone is waiting for the Next Big Thing, from both the fan perspective and the fantasy perspective. 

 

In the case of the Reds though, it's being exacerbated by how bad they are and how bad 3B is right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bats just had their three games (Tuesday + Wednesday doubleheader) cancelled, which means they don't play again until Friday.

 

If they are really waiting for him to perform, he doesn't have a chance to show anything for days now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2018 at 7:59 AM, JFS179 said:

If he's not called up soon, you have to wonder if they're waiting till Super-2.  If you're going to burn the Super-2 year, you might as well do it as soon as possible and get the extra 5-6 weeks of impact from the player.  

 

Point being ... I think Senzel is either called up by this weekend, or we're waiting till mid-June.

can you please explain where you a deriving this idea?  If, based on a previous posters statement, he isn't getting to play in the next few days due to games getting cancelled and he doesn't play then based on whatever reasoning you are stating with this, stashing now would be pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pmccurry said:

can you please explain where you a deriving this idea?  If, based on a previous posters statement, he isn't getting to play in the next few days due to games getting cancelled and he doesn't play then based on whatever reasoning you are stating with this, stashing now would be pointless.

 

My point is related to Super-2 being in mid-June and Team Control passing soon.  I don't have any inside information.

 

I just think these GMs have to know better than to burn a guy's Super-2 status based on a couple of weeks (especially for a team in a losing situation like the Reds).  So, in the case of Senzel, you're hoping he comes up soon, because otherwise, the farther you get past the team control deadline and closer to Super-2, the more it makes sense for the team to just wait.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not including today's line from Blandino (2 AB, 1 BB, 1 SO), since Suarez's broken thumb on the 8th, this is the production from 3B for Cincy:

 

41 PA / 4.9 BB% / 36.6 K% / .053 AVG / .122 OBP / .053 SLG / -57 wRC+

 

I'm not saying you should call Senzel up if this is really a lost season, I obviously don't have the information make that decision like a front office can.

 

But Senzel almost definitely cannot be worse than what they've had there recently.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Philoumenos said:

Not including today's line from Blandino (2 AB, 1 BB, 1 SO), since Suarez's broken thumb on the 8th, this is the production from 3B for Cincy:

 

41 PA / 4.9 BB% / 36.6 K% / .053 AVG / .122 OBP / .053 SLG / -57 wRC+

 

I'm not saying you should call Senzel up if this is really a lost season, I obviously don't have the information make that decision like a front office can.

 

But Senzel almost definitely cannot be worse than what they've had there recently.

not to mention the Brewers have held the Reds scoreless over the last 19 innings...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a report that Suarez is ahead of schedule, maybe they just don’t want him bouncing around positions once he’s promoted so they are just preparing him for 2nd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reds manager fired. Not sure if that changes his outlook to be called up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dannyusf said:

Reds manager fired. Not sure if that changes his outlook to be called up. 

 

Interesting that the firing comes less than a week after he impugned Red’s management for not having Senzel up. Wonder if this was the straw that broke the camels back...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mudrummer said:

 

Interesting that the firing comes less than a week after he impugned Red’s management for not having Senzel up. Wonder if this was the straw that broke the camels back...

 

Reds management logic:
Call up Senzel? NO! Winning now is not what matters! 

Fire Price? YES! Winning now is what matter!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dannyusf said:

Reds manager fired. Not sure if that changes his outlook to be called up. 

I don't think it makes the outlook better considering he basically said he wanted him and thought he would contribute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.