det_tigers

Dennis Schröder 2016-2017 Season Outlook

58 minutes ago, tremixt said:

Relax. For fantasy purposes, he doesn't profile well. It's like Evan Turner's days in Philly. The numbers look good, but their popcorn stats. He doesn't get stocks, and his 3's made per game aren't as high as you'd need them to be to balance out some of the other categories. 

He may improve his shooting, especially ft% which is not acceptable for his position, but his stocks and 3's, and possible turnover issues aren't something I see getting significantly better as the season progresses.

Just think about it. He's averaging 16/4/6 and is currently ranked #149 in 9 cat leagues. If that doesn't speak to his deficiencies in regards to fantasy, then I don't know what else to say.

Yep, I am afraid I must agree. He's a fun player to watch, a fun player to own, but there's some flaws in his game. I am solely talking for fantasy purposes now, as I do not watch the Hawks nearly enough to judge him as a "real" basketball player. Back to fantasy - last season he did avarage 0.9 steals in 20 mpg, versus 0.4 steals in 30 mpg now, so there is some room for improvement here I guess. Still, it can be dangerous to wait on upside forever, unles the rest of your team makes up for it. This makes him an intruiging player to discuss in my opinion

I'd try to move him to an owner looking to buy low, but don't sell low. There is still a lot of hype around Schroder this early into the year and you could get a solid positional swap if you shop him hard now. There just doesn't seem to be that much upside here other than the dimes.

He was so bad in the first half that the coach chose to bench him the final 2 minutes and play without a pg, complete fail..

Absolute robbery the money he got in the offseason.. Nicely done, Dennis. Nicely done.

Edited by thetomkuczek

12 minutes ago, Roundaworld said:

It might be time to move on in 10 teamers and lower. It's tempting to pick up a hot FA or stream his position.

lol what? who on your wire can give you 16 pts, 6 assists, 1.5 treys, and shoot 45% from the field as a PG? Serious question.

Everybody calm down.

2 minutes ago, negrotiator said:

lol what? who on your wire can give you 16 pts, 6 assists, 1.5 treys, and shoot 45% from the field as a PG? Serious question.

Everybody calm down.

It's much like Oladipo. The Hawks are talking giving him a max contract so people expect more from him. 

He does need to stop shooting today. 0/7 so far. More turnovers than points.

Edited by VelvetMerkin

27 minutes ago, negrotiator said:

Everybody calm down.

He can give us 16/6 but he's not...  he losing me more categories than helping me win..

I think he might be done for the day 2 and I don't blame the coach is he is..

1 minute ago, mas10 said:

He can give us 16/6 but he's not...  he losing me more categories than helping me win..

:huh: He's actually averaging 16/6.  So that's what he's giving us lol.  

Are you just talking about this week? He'll bounce back.

43 minutes ago, negrotiator said:

Everybody calm down.

If you name the posivites, do not forget the negatives: 0.7 steals for a PG, 3.3TO per game, and subpar FT shooting for the position. It's all been discussed above already. There's a reason he's not in the top 150 of players in 9-cat leagues at the moment, and he will fall even lower after today's game. He's also just not passing the eye test in my opinion; I am not so sure he has what it takes to lead a good NBA team as a starting point guard. I do see the potential, but in fantasy we live in a short term world, not in next season (unles you play dynasty). In any case, as he is ranked outside of the top 150, it is very well possible that he's the worst player on your fantasy team if you're in a 8 team or 10 team league.

To answer your question, someone recently dropped Lou WIlliams, who is easily the better fantasy player at the moment and went undrafted in most 8 and 10 team leagues.

Small sample size.

Schroeder got .9 stls per game in 20mpg in 80 games last season.  That projects to 1.4 stls with the minutes he's getting this season.

Lou Williams is shooting like 7% higher from the field and from three than he usually does.  On top of that, he's playing some of the lowest minutes of his career. He's going to regress A LOT.  There's no way you take lou williams over schroeder.

I don't use 9 cat rankings for H2H because they overvalue low TOs.  Winning H2H teams have high-usage players and lose TOs.  He's much more valuable than #150 in H2H right now.  If you're playing in a H2H league, check and see who is 3-0 in TOs.  I bet they're last or second to last.

Yes, he sucked this week, but people are overreacting.

Its more unlikely that a 23 yr old isn't hungover on a Sunday morning.  Was probably out popping bottles and making it rain...or whatever them young whipper snappers do these days...

59 minutes ago, negrotiator said:

Small sample size.

Schroeder got .9 stls per game in 20mpg in 80 games last season.  That projects to 1.4 stls with the minutes he's getting this season.

Lou Williams is shooting like 7% higher from the field and from three than he usually does.  On top of that, he's playing some of the lowest minutes of his career. He's going to regress A LOT.  There's no way you take lou williams over schroeder.

I don't use 9 cat rankings for H2H because they overvalue low TOs.  Winning H2H teams have high-usage players and lose TOs.  He's much more valuable than #150 in H2H right now.  If you're playing in a H2H league, check and see who is 3-0 in TOs.  I bet they're last or second to last.

Yes, he sucked this week, but people are overreacting.

The sample size is not that small anymore, with 12 games played. There are also some issues with translating his 20 minutes in the second unit and garbage time of last year to starter minutes against elite PG's this year. And yes, Lou Williams will probably regress, but there's no guarantee Schroder will improve either. I sure hope he does, and we will see. All I can say is that I am not as high on him anymore as I was at the start of this season, and he's been disapointing for fantasy thus far.

FYI, Schroder ranks about #90 if you're in a league that doesn't count TO, and the two people with 3-0 TO in my are #2 and #6 ;)

He's a must-own just on talent and opportunity alone. But I would definitely try to sell him on his popcorn stats and hope someone bites.

lolol is that really his full stat line?

thought maybe there was a glitch

Bad line today (ok, absolutely horrific), but considering I traded Greg Monroe to get this guy, I am not complaining. Meanwhile the other owner is raging at Monroe's DNPs and 2 minutes of playing time lol