Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rhythms

Nikola Jokic 2016-17 Season Outlook

On 4/5/2017 at 1:00 AM, apatas said:

Maybe it is more like Assistant Coach Forum topic, but I am curious, where Jokic should be drafted next season. At current season over two months there were thoughts, that all who drafted him 3rd or 4th round, did fatal mistake. But finally it turned. Next season will be interesting - about 15-20 players being worth to be drafted inside TOP10.

I think where you draft him depends on your league format. I think he's more valuable in H2H than roto because Nuggets most likely won't be a contender yet so they won't rest Jokic during the fantasy playoffs. We are seeing a lot of first round superstars sitting out these final few weeks in order to prepare for the playoffs. Guys like Curry, CP, and Kawhi will definitely miss a few games here and there during fantasy playoffs while guys like Paul George, Jokic, and Lillard will actually play balls to the wall because their teams are on the fringe. 

Of course, nobody is going to pick Jokic over Steph or Kawhi, but I actually wouldn't mind having a lower pick in the first round because of guys like Jokic. 

55 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

I think where you draft him depends on your league format. I think he's more valuable in H2H than roto because Nuggets most likely won't be a contender yet so they won't rest Jokic during the fantasy playoffs. We are seeing a lot of first round superstars sitting out these final few weeks in order to prepare for the playoffs. Guys like Curry, CP, and Kawhi will definitely miss a few games here and there during fantasy playoffs while guys like Paul George, Jokic, and Lillard will actually play balls to the wall because their teams are on the fringe. 

Of course, nobody is going to pick Jokic over Steph or Kawhi, but I actually wouldn't mind having a lower pick in the first round because of guys like Jokic. 

Yep I won my league this year with the 9th pick.  Cousins and McCollum and Gobert were by first 3 picks.  Worked out nicely.  The guys with the huge superstars?  Did not make the playoffs or lost in the first round.

22 hours ago, Dylanfan66 said:

Yep I won my league this year with the 9th pick.  Cousins and McCollum and Gobert were by first 3 picks.  Worked out nicely.  The guys with the huge superstars?  Did not make the playoffs or lost in the first round.

I'm thinking some playoffs are already over?  Cuz Boogie missing games these last 2 weeks sucks

5 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

I'm thinking some playoffs are already over?  Cuz Boogie missing games these last 2 weeks sucks

Yeah our league ended two weeks ago.  ESPN 19 regular season weeks then playoffs.