Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ponza88

How many leagues are you in? How many is too many?

Hey All!

Thought it would be fun to share how many leagues you're in and how many you think is just tooooo much.

Last year I was in 6 and it almost got out of hand. I personally think 10 leagues or more is too much, but i'm currently on 11 ahaha... go figure!

How many are you in? How many is too much in your opinion? And why??

I don't like to be in more than 20-25 managed leagues, or my entire Tuesday is taken up running waivers each week.

But I'm hoping to get close to 50 Draft Masters this year--so probly around 75 total.

There's no such thing as "too many"; it just depends on how much time you have to devote to it.

I'm in 3.

2 is my cap but one of my leagues is a friends redraft free league. I just draft and adjust for Bye weeks and don't pay much attention otherwise.

Mine seems to increase more every year lol. This year I'm at 5 so far. I pay the most attention to 2 main leagues if that's fair. Friends and respect and what not.

I like to try different ones, such as lne is a dynasty rebuild, one is PPR, one is standard with 2 keeper, draft masters, etc. Have never done IDP tho. If I have money in it I pay attention.

to me it's less about too many leagues but more about too many sites. on one site i always thought 5-6 is enough but as the years went on it was easy enough to go up to about a dozen. last year i joined a 2nd site to play with some old friends and it was manageable but i would pay far more attention to my main site with the most leagues. this year i look to have a 3rd site and, again, i bet it will be manageable but just a bit more time consuming. i'll have anywhere from 8-12 leagues i imagine with the most being on one site and 2 and 1 on the others. that's if things don't change, which they often do. i'm kinda addicted

Sitting at 6 right now, probably going to keep it at that for this season as I'll be getting married/honeymoon which is going to take up most of December into January. Be hard to manage my teams internationally, figured best to just cap it off and not add anything else to my plate.

Past few seasons I've had 10-12, depending. Most are money leagues though as it keeps people interested and competitive. A lot of the free leagues fall off mid season. I like IDP leagues so I try to always get one or two of those in there.

My highschool/friends league is probably my favorite of them all though. 

I agree with Axe Elf, I think it's just a matter of how many you can successfully manage personally and there's no "too many". 

No more than 4-5 managed leagues.   

I'll probably have about 20 draftmaster teams by the time season starts

I would suggest that when you're rooting for yourself and have no idea if you're rooting against yourself simultaneously, that's too many.

I look to mix it up, combinations of different host sites, IDP and PPR and auction and not. Best ball hasn't hooked me yet.

Last year I was in 4 competitive money leagues, and 2 free leagues that I didn't put as much effort into.  

4 competitive money leagues seems to be good enough for my max.  Might stretch it to 5, but don't wanna go beyond that.  It's hard keeping up with the waiver wire and exploring the trade market with so many leagues and so many owners.  

All ready lost count...lol

My one and only yahoo account is max'd out @9 plus 2 pro leagues. Espn account is getting up there...1 rts draft master, 2 mfl 10's and its only July lmao

I agree with packdog about the number of sites you play on...for me I find waivers on Tuesday manageable because generally speaking I'm targeting the same players so it's not too bad. The rts and mfl10's don't really count imo cause you aren't managing them so no big deal there.

Wait, are we counting fantasy soccer, bball, and badminton? My fantasy golf troupe eagled today!

I'll probably have about 10 of the MFL best balls leagues. Then I've got 2 redrafts that I've been in forever, my dynasty that I run, and maybe 5 more random that I join from the league finder page. 

My my focus is more on daily since that's where I generally see a bigger profit yearly. My buddies and I play against eachother every week for crumbs, but it's in the H2Hs that it's worked out well. I've been developing a system with a buddy of mine on H2H strategy on FD that will hopefully grow even stronger this year

Not in any fantasy football leagues yet, but i'll be in 2 come next month :) 

2 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Not in any fantasy football leagues yet, but i'll be in 2 come next month :) 

Somehow, I could tell by your advice in this forum that you were not extensively experienced.

8 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

Somehow, I could tell by your advice in this forum that you were not extensively experienced.

Been playing for years, we don't draft until the last week of August. It's been that way forever. 

2 keeper leagues and 1 redraft.  That is about enough for managed leagues - doubt I will do any more.  Usually do a couple MFL leagues.  Nice to just set it and forget it sometimes.

Like was mentioned earlier - once you are in a position where you aren't sure if you are rooting for a player or against a player it might be a sign you are in too many leagues.  It might not matter or bother some people but even in 3 managed leagues I find it is a bit much sometimes.

I know one guy who decided to quit all his leagues and just join one big money keeper league as he had enough trying to figure out who he should cheer for as he had too many leagues/teams going.  I can definitely see his perspective.

1 hour ago, Big Nate said:

Like was mentioned earlier - once you are in a position where you aren't sure if you are rooting for a player or against a player it might be a sign you are in too many leagues.  It might not matter or bother some people but even in 3 managed leagues I find it is a bit much sometimes.

I know one guy who decided to quit all his leagues and just join one big money keeper league as he had enough trying to figure out who he should cheer for as he had too many leagues/teams going.  I can definitely see his perspective.

Building on that, mixing an auction and snake draft is viable, helping to ensure that you'll get some of your favorites to root for on Sundays. My brain ain't so big, and whittling my leagues down to four will help me to get the most enjoyable year this coming season without short-circuiting. 

I have 43 managed leagues as of right now and won't be doing many more aside from the Fantasy Football Championship on RT Sports and my hometown league. So I should be at about 45, 50 max. Also have 15 of the best ball format Draftmaster leagues.

To the point about rooting against yourself, I've never had that problem. I have a certain group of players I draft, and there are players I don't draft. 

With smartphones and tablets and the technology literally at your fingertips, it's quite easy to do a lot of leagues these days. I consider Fantasy Sports a hobby - it just so happens to be one that makes money. 

Two of my favorite leagues got disbanded this summer, so that was a bummer.  I am actually looking at a lighter year this season.  I will probably be around 3-4 leagues, down from my usual 13-15.  But in all likelihood I will pump a few more in before the season starts, knowing my history.

2 hours ago, Big Nate said:

I got up to 10 managed in 2014 and had to start wittling down.   It become more like work and my winning % suffered.   That's why these best ball draftmasters are so great.  Basically a $20 mock that you can profit off of.   

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I got up to 10 managed in 2014 and had to start wittling down.   It become more like work and my winning % suffered.   That's why these best ball draftmasters are so great.  Basically a $20 mock that you can profit off of.   

Yeah those sound very similar to the DE leagues on FFPC.