aeron

Bo Bichette - 2B/SS TOR

Dante's boy has been absolutely crushing the GCL. 66th overall pick of the 2016 MLB Draft

http://www.bluebirdbanter.com/2016/7/22/12241184/bo-bichette-knows-minor-league-baseball

Eric Elliott gives some insight below:

As the story goes, Bichette was drafted to the Blue Jays in this year's draft as the 66thpick, which is lower than many scouting sites had him prior to the draft. Baseball America, for example, had Bichette ranked as their 46th best prospect, playing as a second baseman and third baseman in the future. ESPN's Keith Law had the Blue Jays potentially selecting Bichette with their 21st overall pick—the pick instead used to select starting pitcher T.J. Zeuch.

Instead, Bichette surprisingly fell to the Jays 45 picks later. While the first thought that might pop into your mind is that Bichette fell because of his potential, it was actually in fact because he was actively telling teams who he would and wouldn't sign with. Speaking with Rodney Page of the Tampa Bay Times, Bichette admitted that he had "turned down about four offers earlier in the draft because they weren't good fits."

Turns out, Bo knew who he wanted to play with. But that story isn't new. What is new is his ability to feast on professional pitching in his rookie season as an 18-year-old with the GCL Blue Jays. Right now, Bichette has played 19 professional games to the stroke of a .427/.446/.733 slash line with four homers and 35 RBI.

From what I've read he is not likely to stick at SS, 2B and 3B are more realistic. He is currently on the DL because of  an emergency appendectomy. Dynasty owners, you've been put on notice.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, boshink said:

Off to a hot start. I love his bad speed and approach. What's his eta?

I'm thinking he's going to get to the show before Vlad Jr. now this kid could soon be the #1 prospect.

9 hours ago, FouLLine said:

I'm thinking he's going to get to the show before Vlad Jr. now this kid could soon be the #1 prospect.

Wow that is some high praise

Bo & Vlad Jr by season's end will be the interchangeable #1 and #2 prospects.

3 hours ago, FouLLine said:

Bo & Vlad Jr by season's end will be the interchangeable #1 and #2 prospects.

From today's chat:

Bear Hands 12:14
Bo Bichette has helium! Has his outlook changed based on his play this year? Will he be a Top 25 prospect at year's end?

Eric A Longenhagen 12:14
Definitely moving up, top 25 is way too aggressive.
I'm still getting reports of him over swinging, by the way.

25 is way too aggressive?  Look where Blake Rutherford (#32 on MLB) started the season or Mickey Moniak (#16 on MLB) for that matter had either of them been OPSing right at 1k right now in A ball they'd be in the top 10 for sure if not higher.  Bo at this point is making his claim of being the best highschool bat in the draft.  Also it's not like any of the college bats are lighting the minor leagues on fire.  Senzel (#22) is doing well but not amazing in Advanced A and Corey Ray (#25) is putting up numbers a little bit below that at Advanced A.  Kyle Lewis (#24) is still hurt, after many very optimistic reports this off season of him being ahead of schedule it appears that isn't the case. 

Bellinger, Happ, and Zimmer are graduating from the prospect list.  Moncada is sure to follow this season.  Meadows and Rosario are likely to also graduate before September.  JP Crawford is at #4 still.... A guy I've warned everyone is vastly over rated for the last few years on here.

Numbers wise, he's right there with Vlad Jr even a touch above.  Honestly maybe I'm biased here cause I'm a "Bo guy" but I think you're out of your mind to not have him in your top 25 right now.  Let alone season's end where he in my eyes will be a top 10 prospect.

• Like 1

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/blue-jays-prospect-bo-bichette-is-noisily-bashing-baseballs/

Bo Bichette is making mincemeat out of lower-level pitching, and not in subtle fashion. The 19-year-old shortstop has a swing designed to smash baseballs into smithereens, and that’s pretty much what he’s done since the Toronto Blue Jays selected him in the second round of last year’s draft. In 283 professional plate appearances, former big-league slugger Dante Bichette’s rapidly rising son is slashing .396/.456/.656.

Bombs in back to back days ... 3 HRs in his last 6 games.  This guy is still so under rated.  Soon he'll be at the top of every prospect list.

4 hours ago, FouLLine said:

Bombs in back to back days ... 3 HRs in his last 6 games.  This guy is still so under rated.  Soon he'll be at the top of every prospect list.

too bad he's not in my Y! pool...

21 hours ago, crotchcrickets said:

i'd prefer for him to stay underrated.  at least until next years farm draft.

I'll try to contain myself from blowing out the hype on this guy ... But I can't make any promises him and Vlad Jr are my two favorite minor leaguers.

• Like 3

If he isn't on everyone's radar now, I suspect he will be after prospect rankings get refreshed mid-season.

Edited by rdf8585

Tbh, id like to see him do something at AA. Got nothing left to prove in A.  Then we can see how close to majors he really is. He has 6 sb, does he have 20 sb potential or more like 10-15?

19 hours ago, davidlight said:

Tbh, id like to see him do something at AA. Got nothing left to prove in A.  Then we can see how close to majors he really is. He has 6 sb, does he have 20 sb potential or more like 10-15?

He's still very young and could use some more ABs in A ball.... Advanced A is the next step though not AA.

7 hours ago, FouLLine said:

He's still very young and could use some more ABs in A ball.... Advanced A is the next step though not AA.

Yea I guess it just spoils me to see guys like Urias/acuna dominating AA at 19/20 ?

I just dealt him and want to cry. I really really like this kid. And can only dream of what a future jays lineup will look like with Bichette and vlad jr manning the middle of that lineup.I tempered my expectations of bo Bichette at first, looking for any red flags (even tho he's still super young and only in LOA). But the closer I looked, the more I saw a potential superstar. Kid is gonna be very special. 

5 hours ago, JakeSarna said:

I just dealt him and want to cry. I really really like this kid. And can only dream of what a future jays lineup will look like with Bichette and vlad jr manning the middle of that lineup.I tempered my expectations of bo Bichette at first, looking for any red flags (even tho he's still super young and only in LOA). But the closer I looked, the more I saw a potential superstar. Kid is gonna be very special. 

What did you get?

• Like 1

Kid is straight up nuts. 3-3 again tonight with a HR and 2RBI and it's only midway through the first game of a doubleheader.

I am guessing he gets promoted after the AS game and break? Really no reason not to. He has star potential and even though he's young, he could move rather fast.

18 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I am guessing he gets promoted after the AS game and break? Really no reason not to. He has star potential and even though he's young, he could move rather fast.

Uhhh, he won't be getting promoted to the MLB this year.  He's only 19.  Still probably a few years away.

• Like 1

^ I just realized you're probably talking about High A/AA.  Ignore me.

Edited by smeeze

2 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Uhhh, he won't be getting promoted to the MLB this year.  He's only 19.  Still probably a few years away.

surely he meant to advanced a or maybe AA.. not the majors.

• Like 1