aeron

Bo Bichette - 2B/SS TOR

Nah just meant promoted in HighA ball! But I do believe it opens up the possibility for him to start next year in AA if he tears up highA...

51 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Nah just meant promoted in HighA ball! But I do believe it opens up the possibility for him to start next year in AA if he tears up highA...

Nah, I meant... Bo is the best hitting prospect in the game.  For months now I've been saying Bo & Vlad ... But Bo right now is looking like a notch above even Vlad. 

1 hour ago, FouLLine said:

Bo is the best hitting prospect in the game.

I'm not so sure he's better than Robles or Acuna or Torres. He may well be, but I wonder if it's too early to tell.

11 minutes ago, 12to6 said:

I'm not so sure he's better than Robles or Acuna or Torres. He may well be, but I wonder if it's too early to tell.

Bo is hands down better than all 3 of those guys.

Yes it's early in these guys careers.  But I'm going to say it's too obvious not to tell at this point.

1 hour ago, FouLLine said:

Bo is hands down better than all 3 of those guys.

Yes it's early in these guys careers.  But I'm going to say it's too obvious not to tell at this point.

Explain why please?

There were Bichette questions in today's BA Chat:

Satchel (Las Vegas): How high does Bichette climb this year? Does he make it to AA and finish in AA....then start in AAA in 2018 for potential call up in 18?
J.J. Cooper: No. No. No. That’s an unrealistic timetable, one that doesn’t really make any sense. Mike Trout is the best high school draft pick to reach the big leagues in the past 25 years. Trout split his first full year between low Class A and high Class A. He went to Double-A the next year and struggled in a promotion to the big leagues. After a brief stint in Triple-A the next year, he was ready to be a star. Bichette may make it to high Class A this year. He may make it to Double-A next year. That would be putting him on a very fast track, but putting a late 2018 timetable on Bichette is asking too much.

Nick (LA): What kind of prospect is Bichette at this point. You could argue based on stats that he's a top 10 hitting prospect but o keep hearing concerns that his swing may get exposed as he moves up levels. Vlad Jr on the same team isn't putting up the same stats as Bichette (though still great stats) but seems to be the consensus better prospect. Is that a physical projection thing or something else? Thanks
J.J. Cooper: It’s physical projection and the swing. Scouts who see Vlad Jr. come away raving about how he’s the best prospect they’ve seen in several years. Scouts see Bichette going 3-for-5 on the same team and say “he’s a good prospect, I worry about his swing.”

Read more at http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/prospect-hot-sheet-chat-june-16-a/#yhwfsk8gfCXyPgAI.99

Edited by 12to6

I believe Klaw reported the concerns about his swing were overblown and have totally vanished...no clue what Cooper is talking about here?

As we near the Midwest League all-star break, Bichette raised his average to an even .400 by hitting .520 this week. This is remarkable because the MWL’s conditions—cold weather and pitcher’s parks—ensure that the batting champ usually hits about .325. Bichette could go 0-for-31 and would still be hitting over .350.

The last MWL hitter to top .360 in the league was Mike Trout, who hit .362 in 2010. The last hitter to top .370 was Ben Revere, who hit .379 in 2008. In other words, Bichette is putting himself in good company.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/prospect-hot-sheet-june-16/#l7oO8upXZXELYlZh.97

3 hours ago, 12to6 said:

Acuna at 89. I didn't think they'd updated the list.

Haha, just goes to show how mu ch a joke some of these lists are for fantasy purposes.

It's quite helpful though for tricking owners who don't do their due diligence on prospects outside of the mainstream rankings.

I'm just hoping Bichette doesn't crack too many and if he does he stays low so I can get him at a reasonable price.

On 6/16/2017 at 1:29 PM, Dark Kn19ht said:

Explain why please?

Bo Bichette in his first year of pro ball at 19 leads all of A ball in AVG, OBP, SLG, and obviously OPS by a wide margin.  

Bichette is OPSing 1.111 right now... The next highest qualified OPS in A ball is 22 year old Bradley Jones at .954.  Bichette has nearly 50 more PAs than Jones as well.

Bichette's slugging % is made up of so many doubles which will surely turn into HRs as he matures.  He's a power hitter with a K% of 17.4% a walk rate of 9.1% and he's 9 for 10 in SBs.  

Moncada is a really nice prospect with a lot of talent.  But I'd rather take my chances with Bichette.  Honestl me personally I have Amed ranked higher than Moncada and I'd still easily rather take my chances on Bo.  Bo could potentially be a multi MVP by the time he retires.  I don't think Moncada and Rosario have near that upside.  Gleyber is clearly a step down from those guys.  Don't get me back started on how over rated JP Crawford is how is this guy still in the top 75?

So who are these better hitting prospects?  Victor Robles?  Probably a little bit safer of a prospect but again he doesn't project to even be a silver slugger winner in my eyes.  Let alone MVP type bat.  

Austin Meadows yeah he's struggling and over rated.

Devers and Rodgers now those guys I can understand if you like them more than Bichette... But I personally would still take Bichette over them in a dynasty league.

• Like 4

Bichette could be better than Meadows, but it's hard for me to have him ahead when Meadows is knocking on the door in AAA. Need to see more out of him and do it at higher levels. He very well could be the biggest riser of the season.

Have you done everything humanly possible to get this guy in your dynasty league yet?

Vlad Jr is casting a shadow on him.  Obviously the word is out but I would ere on the side of aggression trying to snag this guy.  Should be a prime dynasty rebuild target. 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2017 at 9:20 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

I believe Klaw reported the concerns about his swing were overblown and have totally vanished...no clue what Cooper is talking about here?

They were overblown, but they haven't totally vanished. Scouts still don't like his swing mechanics. They just become less of a concern the more he rakes.

I thought I was incredibly high on Bo until I saw this thread. The hype in here is pretty intense for a guy who's still in Low-A.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Bash Bros said:

AVG back over .400. Currently slashing .402/.461/.638

He's been consistently mashing for 3 months now. Time for a new challenge in AA. 

15 minutes ago, smarmy said:

He's been consistently mashing for 3 months now. Time for a new challenge in AA. 

I think HighA is the new challenge...can't see the Jays skipping him a whole level?

On 6/21/2017 at 9:12 PM, SpartyOn4 said:

They were overblown, but they haven't totally vanished. Scouts still don't like his swing mechanics. They just become less of a concern the more he rakes.

I thought I was incredibly high on Bo until I saw this thread. The hype in here is pretty intense for a guy who's still in Low-A.

But where is Blake Rutherford?  Where is Mickey Moniak?  Where is Vlad Jr?  What did Nick Senzel do in high A?  What is he doing in AA?  Who are these better hitters that are doing so much more with where they are?  Cause all of these names are ranked vastly higher than Bo on every prospect list out there yet Bo's numbers and age for his level do the talking.

39 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I think HighA is the new challenge...can't see the Jays skipping him a whole level?

That's logical too, but on paper he needs a bigger challenge IMO.

Jeez, this kid is special. Between him and Vlad Guerrero Jr the Blue Jays may have the two best hitting prospects in baseball.

As a Yankees fan I'm very bitter that we got the crappy Bichette brother (Dante Bichette Jr. has been awful in the Yankees minor league system).  

Edited by absknicks