aeron

Bo Bichette - 2B/SS TOR

Promoted to High-A Dunedin by the Blue Jays. Vlad Jr. also promoted so they get to continue to lean on each other and hopefully form a formidable duo up the organization ladder. Promotion will take place after the Futures Game. Bichette, 19, has been fantastic with a line of .383/.444./732 with 10 home runs and 51 RBIs in 69 games.

http://www.tsn.ca/guerrero-jr-bichette-moved-to-dunedin-1.798650

Edited by garlando
  • Like 1

Not being in yahoo database makes him a next year target. On one hand u can't get in early and on the other hand well u better have a very high early pick especially if otani does not come over. Reminds me of Eloy last year u knew he was going to blow up early on. But having to wait a year made sure everybody else knew it also.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

Not being in yahoo database makes him a next year target. On one hand u can't get in early and on the other hand well u better have a very high early pick especially if otani does not come over. Reminds me of Eloy last year u knew he was going to blow up early on. But having to wait a year made sure everybody else knew it also.

Bo is on a whole different level when compared to Elloy

22 hours ago, FouLLine said:

Bo is on a whole different level when compared to Elloy

Strong words. By production Bo looks half a tier better in a small sample size -- apples to apples: 19 yo at A. By tool rating and consensus ranks, Eloy looks a full tier above from here on the sofa. 

I'm in the habit of believing your opinions. Have you observed something that indicates Bo is super special, as opposed to just run of the mill special?

On 7/8/2017 at 1:04 PM, bdy1 said:

Strong words. By production Bo looks half a tier better in a small sample size -- apples to apples: 19 yo at A. By tool rating and consensus ranks, Eloy looks a full tier above from here on the sofa. 

I'm in the habit of believing your opinions. Have you observed something that indicates Bo is super special, as opposed to just run of the mill special?

Well in about 60% of the games Bo has already surpassed Eloy's walk totals from when he was in A ball and has nearly matched his extra base hits.  All while maintaining a better K%.  Also over this time we have a 50% increase in stolen bases with a better success rate.

Then factor in Eloy's extra base hits have almost disappeared this year in Advanced A.  Yes Eloy's HR rate is up but the doubles are way down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

Bo is going to be a consensus top 10 prospect by this season's end

His stats in A+ so far (30 AB):

.400/.424/.924, 1HR, 5RBI, 2BB, 4K, 3SB, 1CS

• Like 2

Another two hits today.  Up to .412

That's some serious voodoo he's got going on. 

Edited by tm30

Mo' Bo:

He's had 62 ABs in A+ now, so let's see how he's doing:

.37/.420/.904 with a mind-boggling .415 BABIP, which is actually the lowest it's ever been.

He's hit one HR and driven in 10, doubled 4 times, walked 4 times and struck out 9 times. He's stolen 3 bases and been caught 3 times.

19 hours ago, 12to6 said:

Mo' Bo:

He's had 62 ABs in A+ now, so let's see how he's doing:

.37/.420/.904 with a mind-boggling .415 BABIP, which is actually the lowest it's ever been.

He's hit one HR and driven in 10, doubled 4 times, walked 4 times and struck out 9 times. He's stolen 3 bases and been caught 3 times.

Bo's back up to .400 again 73 plate appearances into his Advanced A call up.  Yes his BABIP is the lowest it's been (now .446) but is K% is also the lowest it's ever been at 12.3%.  His BB/K rate is the best it's ever been as well.  Small sample and he's still got a long ways to go but Bo continues to make a strong case for #1 prospect status in my eyes.

• Like 1

Here are the best total MiLB wRC+ this year across all full-season levels:

1.B.Bichette - Tor (19): 181
2.J.Rodriguez - MIN (27): 169
3.R.Hoskins - PHI (24): 166
4.N.Senzel - CIN (22): 164
5.A.Hays - BAL (21): 164
6.V.Guerrero - TOR (18): 162
7.J.Barfield - BOS (28): 161
8.O.Arcia - ARI (26): 161
9.R.McMahon - COL (22): 157
10.P.Alonso - NYM(22): 156
11.R.Acuna - ATL (19): 155
12.H.Owen - PIT (23): 155
13.D.Kelly - TB (22): 153
14.B.Cumberland - ATL (22): 152
15.B.Lowe - TB (22): 152
16.E.Haase - CLE (24): 152
17.C.Benedetti - HOU (22): 151
18.B.Rodgers - COL (20): 151
19.D.Jansen - TOR (22): 150
20.J.Luplow - PIT(23): 150

• Like 5

1 hour ago, garlando said:

Here are the best total MiLB wRC+ this year across all full-season levels:

1.B.Bichette - Tor (19): 181
2.J.Rodriguez - MIN (27): 169
3.R.Hoskins - PHI (24): 166
4.N.Senzel - CIN (22): 164
5.A.Hays - BAL (21): 164
6.V.Guerrero - TOR (18): 162
7.J.Barfield - BOS (28): 161
8.O.Arcia - ARI (26): 161
9.R.McMahon - COL (22): 157
10.P.Alonso - NYM(22): 156
11.R.Acuna - ATL (19): 155
12.H.Owen - PIT (23): 155
13.D.Kelly - TB (22): 153
14.B.Cumberland - ATL (22): 152
15.B.Lowe - TB (22): 152
16.E.Haase - CLE (24): 152
17.C.Benedetti - HOU (22): 151
18.B.Rodgers - COL (20): 151
19.D.Jansen - TOR (22): 150
20.J.Luplow - PIT(23): 150

Really appreciate you posting this. I'm a, huge WRC+ fan. It's such an effective gauge as to how dominant someone in their respective levels. Just look at those names, pretty much most of these players are gonna be incredible MLB players. Obviously there are also guys on this list that are just incredible quadA players that dominate in the minors but can't cut in the majors...

Edited by JakeSarna
  • Like 1

Bo was a Top 5 finalist for BA's player of the year and was in the #2/#3 range according to today's BA Chat.

I really hope The Blue Jays do the right thing and put Bo and Vlad in the AFL.  These guys could be in The Show at some point next year.

57 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

I really hope The Blue Jays do the right thing and put Bo and Vlad in the AFL.  These guys could be in The Show at some point next year.

Javier Hernandez

Max Pentecost 

Lourdes Gurriel

Jonathan Davis & 3 pitchers 

:mellow:

living in Phoenix that Javelina team is still the one to watch for me -- with Acuna, M Chavis, Touki, L Urias and K Tucker. Imagine if TOR had sent Bo and Vlad as well.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bdy1 said:

Javier Hernandez

Max Pentecost 

Lourdes Gurriel

Jonathan Davis & 3 pitchers 

:mellow:

living in Phoenix that Javelina team is still the one to watch for me -- with Acuna, M Chavis, Touki, L Urias and K Tucker. Imagine if TOR had sent Bo and Vlad as well.

Damn no Bo or Vlad

Hoping they make the best of the off-season anyway. They could share an apartment in Paris and smoke a metric ton of hash while driving their create-a-player selves on The Show to Playstation glory. Life gives you lemons...

19 hours ago, bdy1 said:

Hoping they make the best of the off-season anyway. They could share an apartment in Paris and smoke a metric ton of hash while driving their create-a-player selves on The Show to Playstation glory. Life gives you lemons...

That hash tho will decrease reaction time

Does this stud creep into the top 10 next year?  As much as I LOVE Vlad, it only seems right to put Bo just over him...  18% K rate & 423 OBP are the two not talked about numbers that stick out to me.  21 errors are kinda tough to swallow, anyone with more insight on his MLB defensive profile?  Is he destined for 1B or OF? 

Another phenomenal year, Bo! 

3 hours ago, tsh00k said:

21 errors are kinda tough to swallow, anyone with more insight on his MLB defensive profile?  Is he destined for 1B or OF? 

Most reports I've read project him as either a 2B or 3B at the MLB level.

He played 14 games at 2B this year in Lansing and had a .971 fielding %, compared to .944 at SS. Small sample size but encouraging. Obviously he's not going to get a look at 3B unless Vlad Jr. moves to 1B or OF.

4 hours ago, tsh00k said:

Does this stud creep into the top 10 next year?  As much as I LOVE Vlad, it only seems right to put Bo just over him...  18% K rate & 423 OBP are the two not talked about numbers that stick out to me.  21 errors are kinda tough to swallow, anyone with more insight on his MLB defensive profile?  Is he destined for 1B or OF? 

Another phenomenal year, Bo! 

I dunno I was thinking Bo > Vlad for most of the season.  But Vlad finished much stronger than Bo.  Both are in my top 10 at this point.