aeron

Bo Bichette - 2B/SS TOR

Bo isn't ready for MLB right now anyway tbh, so I don't think it's something the Jays would have to worry about or consider.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am a brand new Bo Bichette owner in one of my ESPN dynasty leagues. It feels good #3 waiver claim For The Win. 

• Like 2

3-4 tonight with 3 steals. Has already matched his 20 from the entire season last year. Looking much better out there of late but even during his 'struggle' he looked pretty good.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, LarrysBraves26 said:

I for one am not on the Bo hype train. In fact I traded him a few weeks ago and got me some Royce Lewis stock. Recommend others do the same. 

Any actual reasoning behind that? I like Lewis, but even going through a slump to begin the year, Bo is still outperforming him at a higher level.

Royce is someone I'm passing on... but ball park is a huge factor and lineup... Bo will be surrounded by good lineup and ball park...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tayne said:

Any actual reasoning behind that? I like Lewis, but even going through a slump to begin the year, Bo is still outperforming him at a higher level.

I'd imagine if there was any good reasoning behind it, it would have been included. The kid has a 124 wRC+, is on pace for 40+ stolen bases, and has been on a tear after a slow start. Royce Lewis is fine but I have both and would easily prefer to get rid of Lewis if I was offered similar returns.

• Like 2

Good time for him to establish himself without Vladdy in the lineup, in case some people think his value has been raised by Vlad.

Went 3/5 last night with a HR, 2 2B and 5 RBI.

"leads the Eastern League with 30 doubles, ranks second with 109 hits"

72 R, 10 HR,  6 3B, 57 RBI, 27 SB in 97 games

• Like 3

Isn't Lewis more likely to stick at SS?  I'd guess that is why as a prospect he would be ranked higher than Bichette.

• Confused 1

All reports lately have bo staying at ss too at least for a couple by then there will be a new flavor

• Like 1

7 hits in his last 3 games.  15 hits in his last 10.  Honestly this is probably last call to buy low on Bo Bichette.  If he mashes at AAA next year he could be the top prospect next year with a bunch of the big names graduating very soon.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2018 at 3:55 PM, murraygd13 said:

Isn't Lewis more likely to stick at SS?  I'd guess that is why as a prospect he would be ranked higher than Bichette.

In my mind SS is loaded. I'd argue he has A LOT more value at 2B. After Altuve/Albies it gets pretty thin in terms of young studs. 

Assuming he ends up at 2B, I wouldn't really blink if someone ranked him a top 5 dyansty option there. 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 7:20 AM, LarrysBraves26 said:

I for one am not on the Bo hype train. In fact I traded him a few weeks ago and got me some Royce Lewis stock. Recommend others do the same. 

Great insight. Mind explaining why? 

Edit: my bad, thought this was the most recent post and jumped the gun. To actually add to the discussion: it was announced today Bichette will be playing in Arizona Fall League. Really good sign for a kid who's still 20. 

Edited by LastingsMilledge
  • Like 1

Met up with a couple friends last night that are hardcore protect junkies like myself. 2 of them were out of this world high on him and the 1  other guy said his 'down' season this year had him sell on him a month and a half ago.

I can't for the life of me understand how anyone could say Bichette had a down year. As a 20 year old in AA (and some experts say they believe the jump from HiA to AA is the biggest jump), putting up the numbers he did is incredible.I think the 2 problems are...he played alongside Vladdy G. almost the entire season and Vlad could make anyones numbers look down. Another is the insane year Bichette had last season.

Bichette is about to finish the regular season with around a .290AVG, he's been an extra base hitting machine the entire season. He has 43 doubles, 6 triples and 11 HRs. He stole 32 bases this season in AA as a 20 year old (id be suspicious of that if he did it in LOA). He also kept his strikeout percentage below 20% at 16.8%. He needs to walk a bit more then 8% but once again, he's only 20. I like to see the K% below 20 and the BB% above 10. And he kept his SwStr% below 10% at 9.9%, which is pretty much around his career percentage (minus the tiny sample from the rookie league).

The improvements id like to see from is raising his BB%, lowering his GB% and obviously continuing to grow into his power. He's got legit 65 grade raw power and when it turns on, Bichettes going to be a fantasy monster. At just 20 years old, Bichette has the chance to be one of the best all around hitters in baseball for years to come.

• Like 4

Just announced that he was dropped from AFL roster because of minor elbow and knee irritations.

• Sad 2

On 10/1/2018 at 10:24 AM, JakeSarna said:

Just announced that he was dropped from AFL roster because of minor elbow and knee irritations.

Well that sucks.  I think Bo would quite have possibly been the favorite to win the MVP there.

5 hours ago, FouLLine said:

Well that sucks.  I think Bo would quite have possibly been the favorite to win the MVP there.

i dont think it too big of a deal

its probably just precautionary.  they already know what he is and probably think he doesnt "need" fallball 

2 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

i dont think it too big of a deal

its probably just precautionary.  they already know what he is and probably think he doesnt "need" fallball 

Agree there.  He already tore it up this year in the minors.  They have to know what they have in him already and probably even have a good idea when they are going to choose to call up Bichette and even Vlad.

Really means nothing. Maybe he would have gotten some more hype if he would have performed there and you could get more out of him in a trade. On the flip side, if youre acquiring him in shallower dynastys/keepers, his price tag might be cheaper. Elite prospect either way.

Is this guy on track to get called up next year? I know there are alot of variables (health, performance etc) but i hope the jays dont do what they did to Vlad happen to Bo

23 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Is this guy on track to get called up next year? I know there are alot of variables (health, performance etc) but i hope the jays dont do what they did to Vlad happen to Bo

Yeah he'll likely open the season in AAA as long as he's healthy.  If his bat keeps making nose he'll be up in June (probably will be held down from super 2).

• Like 1

Agree with JakeSarna. I’d imagine some of those doubles turn into homers next year. His sb% was around 80% all year, had a streak of bad attempts toward the end of the season.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 6:59 PM, NoHablaIngles said:

Yes we should see some Bo next year at the major league level. He is a huge talent,