ballr3

Darren Collison 2016-2017 Season Outlook

347 posts in this topic

I'm high on this guy this season, and could be a big sleeper. No more Rondo in Sac, last season as a starter Collison averaged 15.5 points, 2.9 boards, 6.7 dimes with 1.5 steals and 1.3 triples in 37 mins. Can see similar production without Rondo and has the starting PG locked up.

1 person likes this

There's no reason to expect any less than what he gave without Rondo last year. Sacramento hasn't changed much and Collison will be an exrtemely serviceable guard.

If Rudy is traded, I'm thinking they'll get future assets in exchange, so I don't think his value will take a hit either way. Definitely targeting him to be a great third or good second string

Will definitely target him as a second string PG. He has the talent to put up good numbers, just never got the full opportunity. I would expect something similar to Jeff Teague in 14-15. 15.5/6.5/3.0 with 1.5ish 3s and stls and good %s. He should make for s solid mid round pick 

1 person likes this

On 8/2/2016 at 8:22 AM, fabrar said:

Will definitely target him as a second string PG. He has the talent to put up good numbers, just never got the full opportunity. I would expect something similar to Jeff Teague in 14-15. 15.5/6.5/3.0 with 1.5ish 3s and stls and good %s. He should make for s solid mid round pick 

I'm expecting something similar to Collison's own numbers in 14-15 before Rondo showed up (they're almost identical to what you posted ha).

Any idea how many games he will be suspended for, and if it will happen at the beginning of the season?

Darren Collison pleaded guilty Friday to one count of misdemeanor domestic violence.

He will not serve actual jail time, but did receive a 20-day jail sentence in an Alternative Sentencing Program. That program will have him serve community service projects for Placer County. He will also serve three years of informal probation and attend a Batterer Treatment class over a 52-week period. "Words cannot describe the feelings and regret that I have been experiencing the last few months," Collison said in a statement. Per the NBA CBA, this plea agreement will result in a suspension for Collison. Ty Lawson is on a non-guaranteed deal and may be the opening night starter until Collison is available.

It's a minimum of 10 for pleading guilty apparently - so if you pick him it's a stash pick for at least the first three weeks.

Well at least he's healthy. 15 games would be what, a month or so? He's bumped down to around 9th round for me with 10-15 games gone and also with Lawson in town. I think it was either in the Lawson thread or somewhere else I read/heard, but someone said that Collison has had the chance to start multiple times and he's never cemented himself as a starting-calibre guard.

Though when he does play, he's very fantasy friendly and has good per-minute stats.. Just hope he gets a decent amount of minutes 

27 minutes ago, tongs said:

Well at least he's healthy. 15 games would be what, a month or so? He's bumped down to around 9th round for me with 10-15 games gone and also with Lawson in town. I think it was either in the Lawson thread or somewhere else I read/heard, but someone said that Collison has had the chance to start multiple times and he's never cemented himself as a starting-calibre guard.

Though when he does play, he's very fantasy friendly and has good per-minute stats.. Just hope he gets a decent amount of minutes 

Fantasy wise he's been a very good value PG when he does start. I used to target him before the Rondo era.

Real life he's been replaced by other players numerous times in his career so he never seems to be anyone's long term plan. Seems destined to be a journeyman in the future.

Edited by rob0403

23 minutes ago, young_styler said:

8 game suspension. 

Not as bad as some thought it would be. Should be drafted In the 7-8th I would assume. 

Yeah if this is all that's going to happen discipline-wise it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

I am hoping he doesn't get benched after coming back. Same happened when he got hurt last year and played behind Rondo. Hopefully Lawson plays like crap..  Someone dropped him in my league, going to use to my waiver on him. 2nd on the waiver, should be mine since #1 isn't as active.

The Kings have reportedly had discussions with the Heat involving a trade that would send Rudy Gay and Darren Collison to Miami in exchange for Goran Dragic.
Gay is tired of dealing with the disfunction of the Sacramento franchise, and has already informed the club that he will not pick up his player option for the 2017-18 season, so the Kings would be wise to trade him rather than let him walk away for nothing as a free agent next summer. This isn't the first time that Miami has been mentioned as a potential landing spot for Gay, so this report does have some merit. In terms of fantasy hoops, Gay could see a slight boost operating as one of the main guys in Miami, while Dragic's value would likely hold steady as he'd remain a starter in Sacramento. Collison's value, however, would likely take a hit in Miami.

So how would Collison's value take a hit exactly???

3 people like this

I mean Collison and Gay would be the top 2 options in Miami and there playing with no Cousins so I do not get it at all. He would be the unquestioned starter and I am sure he would see 33 plus min. nightly can someone explain the blurb above??

3 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I mean Collison and Gay would be the top 2 options in Miami and there playing with no Cousins so I do not get it at all. He would be the unquestioned starter and I am sure he would see 33 plus min. nightly can someone explain the blurb above??

The blurb writer probably thinks Tyler Johnson would eat into Collison's time more than he would eat into Dragic's time because Dragic is a former All-NBA veteran and Collison is a career backup. If it's not that then I dunno what the writer is thinking, but I disagree. On the Heat roster I'd expect Collison to do just as well or better. 

2 people like this

I've always known rotoworld's blurbs to be terrible. Get used to it. I just ignore them. I only check for updates on injuries. No doubt Collison's value would only increase being on a depleted Miami squad.

Edited by kimoti

2 hours ago, chud12 said:

Whiteside is the number one option in Miami, without a doubt. This would make Rudy 2nd and Collison 3rd. They would compensate for Winslow's lack of offense.

Almost dodged a bullet, RW is saying that SAC almost landed Cameron Payne in exchange for Rudy Gay. Any trade atm would suck for Collison .. let's hope Sacramento stays put.

Reluctantly aboard the Collison train this season! With DC playing time and how he'll perform won't be an issue, he's shown to be an very good fantasy PG years past when given the minutes. I just hope he won't get traded. 

8 games to be missed at the start of the season is a very small price to pay if DC lives up to the hype. He posted good numbers last year alongside Rondo, imagine what he'll average as the alpha guard in Sacto. 

But that's the thing. With Divac and the crazy Sacto front office, you never know for sure. 

Ty Lawson said Head Coach Dave Joerger has told him to expect to play 30-40 minutes a night in the first eight games - while Darren Collison serves his suspension.
The Kings waived two PG's (Jordan Farmar and Isaiah Cousins) from the roster on Monday, indicating that they have plenty of faith in Lawson running the show until Collision returns. If you drafted Collision, you may want to scoop up Lawson off waivers where available. Lawson might also be an enticing play in Daily Fantasy Leagues early on, depending on his price.

Edited by chud12
1 person likes this

I slipped Collison into my IR slot because he had an O designation on ESPN yesterday. Now he's showing SSPD and I can't make moves until I activate him again.

Why you gotta do me like that, ESPN?

4 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

I slipped Collison into my IR slot because he had an O designation on ESPN yesterday. Now he's showing SSPD and I can't make moves until I activate him again.

Why you gotta do me like that, ESPN?

Yahoo actually did the same thing today. Collison was IR eligible for about 10 days and now is only listed as out. Luckily for me I already made the moves I needed to make but I can not make any moves now until he is back from his suspension. I am pretty sure they changed his designation 3 times already.

Edited by chud12

Just now, chud12 said:

Yahoo actually did the same thing today. Collison was IR eligible for about 10 days and now is only listed as out. Luckily for me I already made the moves I needed to make but I can not make any moves now until he is back from his suspension. I am sad, I am pretty sure they changed his designation 3 times already.

Extremely frustrating... I had two waiver claims out last night and whiffed on one of them.  Now I finally decided who to add and I can't. So lame... I guess I'm sticking with Taj Gibson as my end of bencher til I can make a move.

1 person likes this