Sign in to follow this  
fightmilk

Suicide Squad

Has anyone seen it yet? I know it has gotten piss poor reviews. Gunna try and catch it tonight but I know there's bound to be some fellow nerds on this site with input...hoping that maybe it's just a case of being overhyped and still a good flick. 

The 17 year old kid next door to me loves anything to do superheroes, comic books, etc. He was really looking forward to the release thinking it was going to be another Deadpool. He went to an early screening yesterday and was really disappointed. If he didn't like it, I'd say that it's probably pretty bad.

I really, really wanted it to be another deadpool as well but am slowly coming to terms with the fact that it won't be. Things I've taken away from the reviews:

-Jared Leto's joker is "meh", and not in the film much.

- WB is slowly destroying superhero movies 

-Harley Quinn is the lone bright spot 

-it's two hours of trash with no plot

..bummer. 

Hated this movie.  It had no substance.  Granted I am not a movie expert.  The plot seemed very boring and thrown together. Seemed like the only good scenes were the flashbacks for each character.

It was meh, but I'd watch it if you're into DC. Jared Leto did okay as the Joker, but filling Heath Ledger and Jack Nicholson's shoes is impossible no matter how hard he could try.