NYR Fan 116894

Eli Rogers 2016 Season Outlook

^ yeah Eli been obvi choice in PPR for awhile now. Roethisberger got mad love for him. Production's been derailed after Roethisberger injury/Sat for missed walk through/Coates emergence. I also wanna say he played less snaps at beginning bc Bell was out and they went with two TE/run formations. Might be lying, need to check. Doesn't matter now tho with everyone else out and when he plays he doesn't disappoint or drop balls

Hard to trust in standard, I should add him without many options on bye week, but I like him in PPR if need a WR with double digits 

Edited by 2016FantasyChamp

1 hour ago, FootyFan said:

Looking like 30+MPH wind and snow in Cleveland this weekend.  Boost for Rogers and the short-passing game?

You'd think. 

Rogers on a lot of sleeper lists this week, but it looks like Coates will be active and L. Green looks to be more involved.

Think the weather could disrupt both offenses. The player that will benefit most: L. Bell. Could break a record for touches.

PIT is used to playing in cold weather, nothing new to them. I'd still fire up Eli if your options are slim. I personally have him going on Sunday.

Good points all around.  I'm not too worried about Coates, but Green could be a factor.  It's either Meredith or Rogers for me, but I'm scared to trust the Bears O-line, Cutler, and a surging Giant Def with Janoris Jenkins covering Meredith.  So, I'm leaning towards playing Rogers, a receiver in a good offense against a bad, bad defense.  With the wind gusts in Cleveland, Rogers might be in the mix for 2-point conversion.  

23 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

You'd think. 

Rogers on a lot of sleeper lists this week, but it looks like Coates will be active and L. Green looks to be more involved.

Think the weather could disrupt both offenses. The player that will benefit most: L. Bell. Could break a record for touches.

Both are likely to be effected, but given the areas of the field they operate in, Coates is far more likely to be effected by the high winds. Eli could actually see some more opportunities if the Steelers are forced to throw as Ben may air on the side of caution for taking deep shots, and may simply work in the middle of the field with Rogers/James/Green (and of course, AB everywhere). 

58 minutes ago, taobball said:

Both are likely to be effected, but given the areas of the field they operate in, Coates is far more likely to be effected by the high winds. Eli could actually see some more opportunities if the Steelers are forced to throw as Ben may air on the side of caution for taking deep shots, and may simply work in the middle of the field with Rogers/James/Green (and of course, AB everywhere). 

Just really hoping for 6/60 type game. Wish the weather was better. 

Edited by phatrat
CSB removed

So the weather turned out to not be a factor at all, but Eli Rogers (and Big Ben) did terrible - 4 catches for 20 yds.  Outlook going forward?  Doesn't look good to me.  Drop city.

The weather was obviously a factor, A Brown had a pedestrian line as well. Hold for now

Ben threw for like less than 150 yards total or something?

Easy hold, IMO. I'm tempted to fire him up in a shootout in Indy's dome. Ladarius hasn't shown much, and Coates/heyward/Wheaton are all non-factors.

Besides Brown and Bell, Ben has to throw the ball to someone, and the only person besides Eli Rogers (who still got some targets yesterday) was Hamilton, who had a drop or two IIRC.

28 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

The weather was obviously a factor, A Brown had a pedestrian line as well. Hold for now

The Steelers were not impacted by the weather in any significant way, which allowed them to take advantage of their better and more experienced personnel.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Win-over-Browns-puts-Steelers-at-5-5/0e017e08-24bf-4c84-b4ea-49397b5ede19

You can look at what somebody said in regards to punts and field goals, or you can see that Ben only threw for 167 yards, which is an abberation, and he was still the 3rd most involved player.

1 hour ago, Evilbooyaa said:

You can look at what somebody said in regards to punts and field goals, or you can see that Ben only threw for 167 yards, which is an abberation, and he was still the 3rd most involved player.

He only threw for 167, but it wasn't like he didn't throw it a lot.  He attempted 36 passes, which is about average for him.  

13 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

So how many passes where caught? 

AB caught 8 on 10 targets. Bell caught 8 of 9.  Eli caught 4 of 6, for 20 yards.  Eli had decent targets and reception numbers, but did nothing with them against the worst team in football.  Was it because of the wind?  

Ok, drop him. I have D Washington and D Harris on the bench so I got worse players to drop 

38 minutes ago, MBarbarian said:

He only threw for 167, but it wasn't like he didn't throw it a lot.  He attempted 36 passes, which is about average for him.  

Ben didn't throw it 36 times and go for 167 yards b/c it was the browns. Despite claims it wasn't because of the wind, he was a little off on some of his passes. Maybe due to the wind.

I can understand dropping him, but I don't really agree with it. WR2 in this offense is historically quite serviceable.

Less shootout potential with tolzien at the helm. Despite Indy's improvement in the run game, I think this will end up as another Bell game. If luck was starting i think he'd be a solid wr3

Anymore thoughts on Rogers here? Flash in the pan or stay with him?

The Steelers are looking like they might be rounding into form and the other WRs aren't getting healthier.