XxxOilOverloadxxX

Tim Tebow - NYM

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

in the category of you can't make this up

 

The pitcher Tebow homered off of you ask? Domenic Mazza, 2015 Draft - Giants - 22nd round - Pick# 666.

 

Still combating the devil !!!  Atta boy Timmy!! Keep up the good work!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No bombs last game but no K's either.  I hope he can make it I really do.  I'm rooting for him all the way.  In the meantime I'll be hawking his stat sheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW - Tebow is pure marketing. Not a prospect. Not an NFL QB either, lol! 

 

But hey Timmy is fun to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a rough first 2-3 weeks Tebow's bat is really starting to come around.

 

He's swinging less for the fences and more for average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to be doing better since moving to high A.  Wouldn't be surprised if he's in AA by early August. Gotta keep the money train moving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he will make it to the majors based on the pure fact that people are attention whores.  the Mets will be out of contention and having him as a September call up could sell tickets, tv advertising, some people will go to the game simply to say they were there, talk radio will be so annoying when it happens.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2017 at 8:48 PM, FJZ12 said:

he will make it to the majors based on the pure fact that people are attention whores.  the Mets will be out of contention and having him as a September call up could sell tickets, tv advertising, some people will go to the game simply to say they were there, talk radio will be so annoying when it happens.  

 

I think that's funny even though you sound a little bitter.  Hell, I'd rather be playing baseball in Single-A and riding a bus to every mud town in the Southeast than actually having to "work" for a living.  Saw this and thought I'd share.  Plus, I'm back on Imgur these days (they sucked me back in) and I wanted to honor a good Christian man like Tim by putting him back on the front page hah:)

 

From 24/7sports....4 hours ago:

 

Tim Tebow continues to prove people (like FJZ12) wrong. On Sunday, Tebow's St. Lucie Mets were visiting the Florida Fire Frogs — in a series in which Fire Frog fans could pay $50 for the dirt Tim Tebow stood on. Well, he ended up rewarding fans that made that investment with a 4th inning home run. The former Florida quarterback turned on a pitch and sent it over the right field wall.

 

~~~~~Video of said home run.  The crowd cheers~~~~~

 

That was Tebow's fourth homer since being called up. He is now hitting .317 with 15 RBI since being called up to St. Lucie. At what point does Tebow get his chance with the Double-A club?  Though he was signed for publicity reasons, Tebow has played extremely well with the advanced Single-A St. Lucie Mets.

Edited by Hangry Bird
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tebow keeps hitting in Advanced A... He could be starting to figure it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2017 at 7:29 PM, FouLLine said:

Tebow keeps hitting in Advanced A... He could be starting to figure it out.

Or not... 4/36 over his last 10 games with 13 k's.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IDGAFOS said:

Or not... 4/36 over his last 10 games with 13 k's.  

 

lol yeah he's back to almost exactly what he was doing in Advanced A now. 

 

A ball:  .220 / .311 / .336 for a .648 OPS

A+ ball:  .220 / .294 / .350 for a .645 OPS

 

Advanced A strikeout rate is down 4.1% but walk rate is also down 2.2%.

 

He is in a huge slump though.  In 19 August games Tebow is OPSing .317 over 66 ABs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still rooting for the guy though.  Here's to hoping he has another hot streak in him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't lie. He looked transformed in that recent batting practice clip  (tried to find it for you guys, came up empty. it was on Twitter yesterday though)

In a matter of months, he somehow went from having one of the more awkward, unfundamental swings in pro baseball... to having the smooth, explosive swing of a top prospect. It's completely unexpected, I am kind of speechless, and I'm starting to wonder if we collectively underestimate Tebow's neuro-tool (his brain, his ability to learn and adapt), which, combined with his beastly physical tools, just might elevate him to the bigs. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

I can't lie. He looked transformed in that recent batting practice clip  (tried to find it for you guys, came up empty. it was on Twitter yesterday though)

In a matter of months, he somehow went from having one of the more awkward, unfundamental swings in pro baseball... to having the smooth, explosive swing of a top prospect. It's completely unexpected, I am kind of speechless, and I'm starting to wonder if we collectively underestimate Tebow's neuro-tool (his brain, his ability to learn and adapt), which, combined with his beastly physical tools, just might elevate him to the bigs. 

 

I said the same thing. Swing looks night and day better. Still a publicity stunt and still doesn't deserve to be there over other prospects, but I have to give it to Tebow for working hard.

 

Just seeing that second video. Its the extension difference. He lets in fly in the first video and first swing of the second video, then he loses it for the subsequent swings (watch his hands almost stop the bat in the second video swings two and on).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Career year! Slashing .240/.324/.405 through 36 games in AA. Get in while you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's crazy is he's probably still making so much money off appearances and apparel he probably  has trade value

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

beginning at age 29 he's advanced three levels and got better at each level. can you imagine if he had actually started when he was young and had the standard learning process?

tremendous athlete, regardless of what happens. really impressive..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now