rob0403

Nerlens Noel 2016-2017 Season Outlook

Not the worst stashing situation. Still can still provide about 2 stocks in those limited mins he play while we wait for trades.

He has been active and quite productive in his cameo appearances.

Brimming with so much potential to be a difference maker with Embiid.

He should be stashed if you are in the upper half of your league. If he can get 5 points 4 rebs 1 steal and hopefully 1 block its not too bad. He won't be shooting enough to kill your ft%. I would stash if you need a lottery ticket in order to remain competitive. I wouldn't stash if you are in the bottom half of your league, thats pretty risky considering most H2H leagues are at the halfway mark. If you watch him live he looks in shape, doesn't look hurt or anything at all. Very quick on defense. Needs to shake off the offensive rust tho in regards to finishing at the rim, saw some missed dunks that should have been easy points for him. 

27 minutes ago, monkeysennin said:

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/182560/20161227/nba-news-nerlens-noel-heading-portland-trail-blazers-possibility-trade.htm

Dunno how reliable this site is, but latest rumor says Noel and Luwawu-Cabarrot for Ed Davis and Napier.

Please let this be true

1 minute ago, willkoo said:

Please let this be true

I think they got the info from this article: http://www.nba.com/article/2016/12/26/morning-tip-what-should-sixers-do-nerlens-noel

But the trade definitely looks plausible. Since the Blazers aren't packaging Crabbe, they wouldn't have to wait til Jan. 15 to trade for Noel. At this point, the Blazers and Noel are a match made in heaven. He will make them a better defensive team (currently 30th) for sure and the Sixers get a guard they can develop.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, monkeysennin said:

I think they got the info from this article: http://www.nba.com/article/2016/12/26/morning-tip-what-should-sixers-do-nerlens-noel

But the trade definitely looks plausible. Since the Blazers aren't packaging Crabbe, they wouldn't have to wait til Jan. 15 to trade for Noel. At this point, the Blazers and Noel are a match made in heaven. He will make them a better defensive team (currently 30th) for sure and the Sixers get a guard they can develop.

That would be sooooo schweeeet!!! Nmnoel does look pretty good, Duno why he only played 3 min yesterday. But I'm imagining lillard to Noel oops all day errrrr day!

i currently added this guy to my text alerts so if he gets traded, i will pick him up in an instant. 

2 hours ago, roygbiv said:

brosephd, text alerts?? What service provides them for you?

If you're on twitter, go to your settings and add a credible NBA source (someone like Adrian Wojnarowski) to your text alerts list. It'll send you an alert anytime they tweet. You'll end up getting a bunch of alerts, but it might be worth it.

22 minutes ago, CFN said:

If you're on twitter, go to your settings and add a credible NBA source (someone like Adrian Wojnarowski) to your text alerts list. It'll send you an alert anytime they tweet. You'll end up getting a bunch of alerts, but it might be worth it.

dang yo, and i thought i was serious about bball. Legit ball is life!

18 minutes ago, willkoo said:

dang yo, and i thought i was serious about bball. Legit ball is life!

I only ever due this on the day of the trade deadline. Which I definitely recommend. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CFN said:

I only ever due this on the day of the trade deadline. Which I definitely recommend. 

do you have anyone else u follow aside from adrian?

^^its better than his situation at philly.  he'll get playing time there, they need his defense.  blazers rank last i think in defense

18 minutes ago, Slime said:

What about plumlee in portland? Anyone think a weird time share there?

Even with all the assists that Plumlee gets, I'm sure they can't be satisfied with their horrible defense. I spot start half decent waiver players when they play against POR.

I would think Noel starts sooner or later in POR and they should be desperate for Noel.

• Like 1

Unleashing Noel?!

Plot Twist: Ends up getting just 10 minutes. lol

• Like 1

Maybe not vs Gobert and Favors. Are they treating Embiid like a baby? Not playing against stifle tower but playing against the weaker DEN.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmittyWerbenjagermanjensen said:

Time to activate him from IL?

Nah too early. Next game he might end up playing 8 minutes. Trade is the only option. 

Excited to hopefully see him get 18-24 minutes. If he can put together an all-around nice game, maybe he can carve out a consistent 14-18 minute bench roll while he's still on PHI.

#wishfulthinking