fletch44

Francisco Mejia - C CLE

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, STLSU said:

Yes plus Mejia adds switch hitting capability, OF value and has been hot lately.  Could at least spell Chisenhall if someone else can handle RF (probably Allen) and put Mejia in LF.  Maybe DH Brantley and try E5 at 1B.

 

Mejia will be an above average C as well.  The arm is there already.

I agree, seems like they could find room for him right now. Risk/reward for playing him now in regards to trade value (if the Indians decide to go that route).

 

Might be as simple as Mejia finally is starting to look comfortable, 10 game hit streak just ended, so they want to keep him in AAA for a little longer?

 

Who knows.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hold up.

 

Haase in the lineup for AAA tonight, no Mejia.

 

Could be getting the call?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Is this guy even a catcher? ESPN only has him as DH, wth

UTIL in Yahoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Whats he been playing in aaa?

27 starts at C

14 starts at LF, 1 start in RF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Kind of strange.  They should assign his eligibility as his primary position coming in from the minors.

 

ETA CBS has him as a C.

Edited by STLSU
ETA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, davidgoretiz said:

27 starts at C

14 starts at LF, 1 start in RF

And that translates to DH/utility eligibility? Unreal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, STLSU said:

Kind of strange.  They should assign his eligibility as his primary position coming in from the minors.

 

ETA CBS has him as a C.

He used to be assigned as a C. Cleveland announced they would be shifting him to the OF so they adjusted his eligibility. I agree that they should pay attention to whats going on in the minors, but their eligibility rules don't apply to that level. It's also kind of hard to rely on Minor League positional information since a lot of these guys are getting moved around just to get exposure to different positions. Either way, I really hope they let him play at C and he sticks. I'm really sick of the C carousel. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

 Either way, I really hope they let him play at C and he sticks. I'm really sick of the C carousel. 

 

Looking at rookie Minor League catching options, there aren't many exciting names.  John Ryan Murphy guy in AZ.  He is already 27 though.  His hard contact seems to be his main draw/calling card and his zone and overall contact numbers are MLB average (great for a C).  Chance Sisco has struggled at the MLB level though as have Carson Kelly and Victor Caratini.  Jake Rogers in DET system needs more minors work.  Jorge Alfaro has shown major league some pop and potential. 

 

IMO as far as potential  elite options go, there's  Danny Jansen in the TOR system who is probably the closest to Mejia's talent level and fantasy potential.  Zack Collins in the CWS system who will be good as will Sean Murphy in OAK.  Ruiz in LAD system as well but he is a ways off from the Show.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine if this guy was C elgible on yahoo.... but as UTIL there is almost no value here this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, STLSU said:

 

Looking at rookie Minor League catching options, there aren't many exciting names.  John Ryan Murphy guy in AZ.  He is already 27 though.  His hard contact seems to be his main draw/calling card and his zone and overall contact numbers are MLB average (great for a C).  Chance Sisco has struggled at the MLB level though as have Carson Kelly and Victor Caratini.  Jake Rogers in DET system needs more minors work.  Jorge Alfaro has shown major league some pop and potential. 

 

IMO as far as potential  elite options go, there's  Danny Jansen in the TOR system who is probably the closest to Mejia's talent level and fantasy potential.  Zack Collins in the CWS system who will be good as will Sean Murphy in OAK.  Ruiz in LAD system as well but he is a ways off from the Show.  

Andrew Knizer is also someone to watch.  Not necessarily star potential, but good offensive tools and good enough to stick at catcher.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

Imagine if this guy was C elgible on yahoo.... but as UTIL there is almost no value here this season.

Pretty much.  I didn't even think of that (mainly because I didn't look), as I was considering picking him up since I have a revolving door at C right now and wouldn't mind using him whenever he played.

 

I can understand him not being C eligible anymore though since he was called up last year and never played there.  Still, he may play there at some point since he technically is the backup catcher now, but at the moment, it does make him nearly worthless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DJSatane said:

Imagine if this guy was C elgible on yahoo.... but as UTIL there is almost no value here this season.

 

It only takes a mere 5 starts to get C on Yahoo this season and even retain it all through next year as well.  So yes he will have a TON of value this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

 

It only takes a mere 5 starts to get C on Yahoo this season and even retain it all through next year as well.  So yes he will have a TON of value this season.

That is if he gets enough starts to be worthwhile even when/if he gets the 5 he needs.  A lot depends on how long Perez is out and if Mejia wakes up from his season long coma.

 

In regards to his value, it should probably be rephrased that he has almost no value right now in leagues where he's not catcher eligible.  If he still has a chance of sticking around for a while after he gets the eligibility, then maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now