flippy

Eric Bledsoe 2016-2017 Season Outlook

277 posts in this topic

I really like him as a player and fantasy player, but the injuries/knees are a massive concern... I'll be happy to pick him up cheap in an auction or round 4/5 or around that mark in a draft league, but I can't stand players that break down and because of that he probably won't be on many of my teams. High risk, reward guy though... and if knight gets moved it would help him.

Yeah if Knight is traded his usage will increase, and those knees just can't be used like normal. I loved owning him before his first knee injury, but with both knees being the reddest of all flags, I just can't move myself to draft a player that will most likely be out for more than 20 games. Also, I think if he gets traded, he'll end up on a team that's just as deep in the backcourt, maybe a contender.

He went 3rd round in both the forum mocks. Some folks just really love him. I don't expect he is going to come with any significant discount this year. 

I have never owned him and don't really expect to this year. He is going to be to expensive.

I cant own him. Has he ever had a full injury free season? I mean geez he can be a second round stud, a mini lebron, but those injuries are a DND for me and he will never fall low enough for me to pick him. At the latest he will go early to mid 4th round.

I just checked, two years ago he did play in 81 games, but the year before that only 43 games.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot

Great all around production. Could be a steal if healthy and picked at the right round, but he's not someone I'm too confident in. Sure he came back after his first knee issue and played around 80 games, but now that it's both knees? I don't like it. Would not take him where he's likely to be going.

Im gonna tell you a secret. He is healthy one season, breaks down the Next one. He got injured last season.

This one, he remains healthy. 

3 people like this

1 hour ago, shanebattier said:

Im gonna tell you a secret. He is healthy one season, breaks down the Next one. He got injured last season.

I am thinking this as well. I remember reading some fantasy expert's take on Marc Gasol, calling him a guy to draft "every other year".  There might be something to this and the way the NBA grind wears on certain players differently.

3 hours ago, shanebattier said:

Do you know the secret to which year he will meet everyone's expectations? Id be more interested in that. Remaining healthy is great and all, but his last healthy season he ranked 47th and this year he appears to be going in the mid 30s.

^^44 to be exact per bbm. people (including me) are banking on his 1st round upside and praying that this is the year he gets it. 

I had him last year. He was great till injury. 

I had to do many trades and a couple lucky fa pickups to get my team straight. 

Took about 6 weeks with 5 losses after he went down. 

I can't draft him but his history shows every 3 years he is ok. That's this year. 

I had him at 2013/14 and last season - both injured seasons. Both years I had one injured player more (2013/14 Beal and last season Carroll), but result was opposite: I did well and finished third at 2013/14, but hardly avoid relegation (17th place among 20 teams) last season. If he is still available in third round (I remind, it is 20-team league) I maybe consider him. Theory about good and bad years is promising, but it can be wrong also.

This has to be the year with devin booker by his side and brandon knight comin off the bench .. I think he puts up second round value.. grabbed him in the 4th

6 hours ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

This has to be the year with devin booker by his side and brandon knight comin off the bench .. I think he puts up second round value.. grabbed him in the 4th

That's if he manages to stay healthy

Bledsoe is the G version of Yao in terms of risk/reward: If you draft him prepare for the inevitable injury and if he somehow stays healthy for the majority of the season than count your blessings.  This whole 'every 3rd year' thing is pretty damn ridiculous.  It's not like he's keeping a diary and checking to see if this is the season he doesn't suffer a bad injury.

51 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Bledsoe is the G version of Yao in terms of risk/reward: If you draft him prepare for the inevitable injury and if he somehow stays healthy for the majority of the season than count your blessings.  This whole 'every 3rd year' thing is pretty damn ridiculous.  It's not like he's keeping a diary and checking to see if this is the season he doesn't suffer a bad injury.

No, but that's what has happened so far.

He's been very passive offensively this preseason. It's gonna be interesting to see what kind of production he'll put up for a 3rd/4th rounder.

On 10/21/2016 at 4:43 AM, zocalo08 said:

He's been very passive offensively this preseason. It's gonna be interesting to see what kind of production he'll put up for a 3rd/4th rounder.

I think it's more-so the offense is revolving around Booker now, so Bledsoe is taking a backseat as the 2nd option just like Knight is taking a bench role. The team is Booker's now. But still, he's a great pick for the 3rd or 4th. 

Stats were decent last night , did he play good ? Couldn't see the match but i'll take it for first real match after almost a year