Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron-cock

2016 Team Defense /ST and Kicker Thread

You may wish to merge this thread with the DST thread on the Talk forum.

3 hours ago, Ol Blues said:

You may wish to merge this thread with the DST thread on the Talk forum.

I couldn't find one of those. You have the link? I'll gladly post it there!

I'm never streaming in week 1 as I draft so close to the start of the season, but there are some horrible to mediocre defenses that make some interesting contrarian plays, including:

Jets vs Bengals. Horrible opening stretch schedule. But I'll take the odds of a first game Dalton meltdown down both of his top 2 TEs, a rookie in the slot and likely Tate or (torn hand ligaments) LaFell at WR2...and I like the odds of a critical Hill fumble.

Saints vs Raiders. Odds on to be bottom of the league D again, but the Raiders rarely travel well to the east, the Saints in their opener should hit the accelerator hard, and catchup mode rarely works out well for either Carr or Lat.

LA @SF: Gabbert/Kaep? Choose your meltdown option. (This one, however, isn't contrarian.)

Indy, Dallas and even Cleveland are also interesting.

8 hours ago, HTXMade said:

I'm just gonna ride with NE for the whole season

Brave man. That "A" in the opener does stand for Arizona, not annihilation, right?

On 8/21/2016 at 9:14 AM, Ol Blues said:

Saints vs Raiders. Odds on to be bottom of the league D again, but the Raiders rarely travel well to the east, the Saints in their opener should hit the accelerator hard, and catchup mode rarely works out well for either Carr or Lat.

The Raiders hung with Pittsburg in a shootout last year.  

http://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=400791730

I wouldn't want either defense in OAK vs NO.

Is Seattle still the top D off the board? Due to our league settings the D's actually play an important roll rather then just grabbing one in the last round.

I know JJ Watt won't be back 1, not sure when he will be back but i still took houston. Think they will be solid group defensively and their O should be smoother this year to help em out.

Hoping for a 4-6 finish but don't seem them being 10 or lower

15 hours ago, beerfish said:

Is Seattle still the top D off the board? Due to our league settings the D's actually play an important roll rather then just grabbing one in the last round.

In my league just drafted and the Car D went first, then Sea then Arizona D. I really wanted Sea this year to stack with Tyler Lockett as my WR3. I took him pretty high but missed on their D. This is the first year in a long time I actually drafted a D rather high--8th round Ari--because I've just gotten tired of playing the Defense Streaming Merry-go-round every year lol.

Alot of defenses went in mid rounds in our draft. I was pretty surprised some guys I thought were solid drafters ended up with more than one defense. I ended up not picking any and I'll just have to drop a player later. 

I might like the Eagles d against Cleveland. They might have more rest with Kelly gone and haven't been a terrible defense in the past. 

I kind of like Tampa Bay against Atlanta. Everything I've read is Matt Ryan has been a pick machine in practice and preseason hasn't looked good for him. 

The rams are available as well in my league but I just don't know if san Francisco could put up some numbers against em. 

On August 25, 2016 at 11:58 AM, gbill2004 said:

No kicker talk yet? 

I will reach for Justin Tucker every year. When the dude kicked a 60 yarder to win a game a couple years ago and then gave a shot out to his fantasy owners that he hope he helped them win this week, I make sure I get him every year!

7 hours ago, Txmike06 said:

Alot of defenses went in mid rounds in our draft. I was pretty surprised some guys I thought were solid drafters ended up with more than one defense. I ended up not picking any and I'll just have to drop a player later. 

I might like the Eagles d against Cleveland. They might have more rest with Kelly gone and haven't been a terrible defense in the past. 

I kind of like Tampa Bay against Atlanta. Everything I've read is Matt Ryan has been a pick machine in practice and preseason hasn't looked good for him. 

The rams are available as well in my league but I just don't know if san Francisco could put up some numbers against em. 

If I were streaming the Eagles against Cle would be my first choice. Cant believe Rams are on the ww. They should be picked up and started right away. Is there a reason you think the 49ers could put up pts against them? And I wouldn't risk it against the Falcons, Ryan is just the kind of guy to play great when you need him to stink, and stink when you need him to just be decent.

On 7/19/2016 at 3:52 PM, joshua18 said:

But PIT is likely going to go for 2 after TDs more this year as long as Big Ben stays healthy...that hurts Boswell. 

Should I be worried with Boswell because of this?  Has there been an updates/talks on this possibility?

This thread is eerily quiet this year. Its one of my fave threads usually...what the heck is going on?

I always wait on Defenses & was able to scoop the Vikings.  I know they are a good real life defense, but after checking 2015 stats it looks like they did not create a lot of turnovers.  The Jets & Philly are on the wire.   

How does everyone feel about these defenses for the season?  Best matchup week 1?

Vikings @ Tenn

Philly vs. Cle

Jets vs Bengals

All seem like decent options...

i like philly the best for week 1, going against cleveland and then chicago in week 2, so you wouldn't have to worry about streaming another defense until week 3. 

17 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

i like philly the best for week 1, going against cleveland and then chicago in week 2, so you wouldn't have to worry about streaming another defense until week 3. 

Plus Jim Schwartz as DC. Yes please.

Philly should have a nasty defense this season and Sproles remains a legit threat for return TDs. Philly's defense was a top-10 unit last season until midway when injuries derailed it. Loving the changes made and Schwartz as DC. Going to be a nasty pass rush and front-7 with one of the top safety tandems in the league. Should be an opportunistic unit and likely in a bunch of low scoring games due to the inept offense.

But then again I'm also a homer.

The Eagles are undervalued but my favorite remains Minnesota. Talented and deep the fantasy points haven't been there in the abundance you would expect because of the absence of turnovers in the numbers that should be expected of a defense this strong. I bet that changes this season. There just are too many playmakers for that tendency to persist.

5 hours ago, David447 said:

This thread is eerily quiet this year. Its one of my fave threads usually...what the heck is going on?

2 parallel threads on different forums.

2 hours ago, dakimbell said:

X2.

Ended up with them in all leagues.