Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron-cock

2016 Team Defense /ST and Kicker Thread

3 hours ago, dakimbell said:

i like philly the best for week 1, going against cleveland and then chicago in week 2, so you wouldn't have to worry about streaming another defense until week 3. 

That's going to be a popular play. The cynic might like the opposite side. 0-0 tie headed to OT? The Eagles offense should struggle most weeks.

Houston to the PUP. Hali limited. Why is KC's DST still going so early in drafts?

Damn philly defense??

Does MInni D lose value since teddy is out for awhile.. Should be harder on the Offense to move the ball

I have Houston this year, was looking at them as a top 5. Their last game against Zona they looked great, and was with JJ

13 hours ago, bengals55 said:

Does MInni D lose value since teddy is out for awhile.. Should be harder on the Offense to move the ball

No question that that's the issue. I have the Vikings D in one league and I'm holding at least until I see the results @ Tennessee. Game 2 vs Green Bay is a lot scarier.

13 hours ago, bengals55 said:

I have Houston this year, was looking at them as a top 5. Their last game against Zona they looked great, and was with JJ

I have the Vikings as well.  Thinking of dropping for the Eagles.  Eagles seem like a much more opportunistic defense than Minn, and that's what we want for fantasy.  Also, didn't realize Schwartz was the new DC in Philly.   

I have both minny and buffalo in a deeper league. Does buffalo have any value now?

is this the thread where people will be talking which defenses to stream week to week? or is there a different thread for that? can't seem to find a "streaming defense" thread.

16 hours ago, cdd10 said:

is this the thread where people will be talking which defenses to stream week to week? or is there a different thread for that? can't seem to find a "streaming defense" thread.

It used to be. Now people just want to quibble about everything else. 

I think TEN might be a good streaming D week 1 vs a reeling MIN team w/o Teddy. 

What are people's thoughts on Green Bay's defense this year? I've seen some rankings where they're in the top 10 and some within the top 12. I wound up taking them in the last round of my draft but didn't feel too confident about it. I would've liked to get a defense with a later bye week too but oh well. Thoughts?

Can I get a list of ideal kickers and a sleeper Defense ? I currently have Crosby and Vikings D

Eagles D is going to surprise a lot of people this season.  Should be a solid matchup at home against the Browns.

13 hours ago, Chris328 said:

Eagles home vs CLE

Rams @ SF

Texans home vs CHI

Vikings @ TEN

?

Like them all. Especially Texans. All of these DEF are already taken though. 

Okay does Bradford leaving make Phili a non option now. I can see a lot of picks for Cleveland leaving to a short field for rg3. Thoughts?

13 hours ago, Chris328 said:

Eagles home vs CLE

Rams @ SF

Texans home vs CHI

Vikings @ TEN

?

Same boat for me it's either eagles or minn

minnesota is the better def, but I think tenn at home and Mariota is dangerous.

cleveland stinks but so does Phili and now they are starting Wentz or whoever.

On September 2, 2016 at 8:11 AM, MetsSox said:

What are people's thoughts on Green Bay's defense this year? I've seen some rankings where they're in the top 10 and some within the top 12. I wound up taking them in the last round of my draft but didn't feel too confident about it. I would've liked to get a defense with a later bye week too but oh well. Thoughts?

I like Green Bay. Solid in real defense metrics (points against, yardage, etc). How the frequency of scoring plays in fantasy plays out is the test. Top 10 is my guess. Early bye week but nice matchup in week 2 vs a Vikings offense trying to find its wings likely helps.

On September 1, 2016 at 1:25 PM, The Answer said:

What about KC this year?

Acid test in week 1 vs Chargers. The pass rush is really hurt by Houston's absence and Hali being injured. My hunch is Rivers lights them up in a shootout. But, this is still a deep and talented group.

3 hours ago, martinjlm said:

What's the take on NE Def? Are they worth rostering and forgetting?

I wouldn't touch the Pats week 1 @ Arizona, but to each his own.???