Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron-cock

2016 Team Defense /ST and Kicker Thread

Texans have the most favorable fantasy schedule all season. Gotta roll with them. Typically get them 5th Team Def off the board. 

2 hours ago, MrHoff86 said:

Texans have the most favorable fantasy schedule all season. Gotta roll with them. Typically get them 5th Team Def off the board. 

So your saying Texans...

Eagles home vs CLE

Rams @ SF

Texans home vs CHI

Vikings @ TEN

7 hours ago, Chris328 said:

So your saying Texans...

Eagles home vs CLE

Rams @ SF

Texans home vs CHI

Vikings @ TEN

I'd 2nd Texans on that list, if Clowney lives up to his potential could be a set and forget defense and to start the year they get Cutler, Alex smith, Garrapolo, Mariota, now likely Bradford first 5, game 6 as of now could be tough with the Colts and Luck, then Siemien in week 7.

Eagles would be my 2nd choice new DC get a 2 game sample if they are for real and if not for their cost can easily move on, they start out vs rgiii then cutler then could likely cut bait or stash as they get Big Ben then a bye after that

I got houston this year and aiming for a top 5 finish. Watt being activated the other day for game 1 looks like he will be playing, maybe on a count but atleast he will be dressing. Like others said, if clowney can play well, their 3 Lb's are all solid along with strong front 4. Liking the sounds of it so far.

14 hours ago, Chris328 said:

So your saying Texans...

Eagles home vs CLE

Rams @ SF

Texans home vs CHI

Vikings @ TEN

1. Houston

2. Rams

3. Vikings and Eagles

Houston has the pieces obviously but the Bears are also missing their top 3 corners so Houston should move the ball easily and not give up bad field position to the Bears.

Inter division games are always close but i can easily see the 9ers being blown out in this one against that good defense leaving them in catch up mode and having TOs forced. 

Vikings and Eagles are a tie for me as they both have good defenses but their offenses could cause TOs and give up bad field position would in turn would lead to them being scored on. 

Robbie Gould is being released by the Bears per Bleacher Report.

Steelers defense or Philly week one? thanks folks.

51 minutes ago, LEIF said:

Steelers defense or Philly week one? thanks folks.

Bird Gang.

Guys which kicker should I pick. This is what's left

IND - Vinatieri

KC - Santos

NYG - Brown

CIN - Nugent

MIN - Walsh

ATL - Bryant

JAC - Meyers

2 hours ago, FlashGordon401 said:

Robbie Gould is being released by the Bears per Bleacher Report.

Bears replaced him with Barth... that is baffling. Well maybe Gould gets picked up by a better offense making Gould a fantasy asset.

Jets or Eagles week 1? drafted raiders but not liking road matchup at NO week 1 (they do have a good run of games after that though)

8 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

Jets or Eagles week 1? drafted raiders but not liking road matchup at NO week 1 (they do have a good run of games after that though)

Eagles should feast on the Browns.

I have KC but for some reason Houston got dropped yesterday.  Are they both worth owning?  

Answer,

I'd def pickup Houston.

KC is at home but some key players are out.

Houston vs Cutler - hands down.

akland gives up lots of points to kickers every year (no clue why) and this game is in a dome. Like Kai Forbath for week 1

Do I drop NE (at Arizona) for any of:

Phi v Cle

NYJ v Cin

Oak at NO

2 hours ago, TheINC said:

Do I drop NE (at Arizona) for any of:

Phi v Cle

NYJ v Cin

Oak at NO

Meant to be GB at Jax, not Oak at NO...

...might as well add in Ten vs Min as another option.

I drafted Minn but have had second thoughts after the Bridgewater injury. I think they will turn over the ball much more often, which should lead to more scoring against their D. That's in addition to the numerous 3 and outs I'm expecting with Hill/Bradford as the QB. That defense is good but even the best defenses need at least a mediocre offense to stay strong the entire game. They just went from a legit championship contender to a bottom half of the league team. Plus with GB wk 2 and CAR wk 3, I can't consider starting them those weeks and they aren't worth keeping as a second defense this early in the year.

So to me it became a question of do I wait to see how they play week one and roll the dice with them on the road vs the Titans or do I look at my waiver options? The Titans gave up a lot of points to defenses last year but their QB was a rookie and didn't even play half the year so they were terrible. Now Mariota is back, they added some good players on offense, and they are playing at home. Minn just a 2 pt favorite according to Vegas. 

GB on the other hand is playing turnover machine Bortles, on the road as 5.5 pt favorites. I can see more points being scored in this game than the Vikings game, but I also think Jaguars will have to throw more to keep up with Rodgers and co.--which will lead to turnovers. I also like the talent and playmakers on the Packers defense, and they have a fairly soft schedule this year. I can see myself holding them through their early bye, or at the very least up to it--and then I can stream or not.

I dropped Minn for GB with options like PHI,NE, and BUF on waivers as contenders. Hope this helps someone.

I know popular thought has been Eagles destroying the Browns.....

But Eagles are rolling out Wentz as their QB. Is there no redeeming aspect to Cleveland D?

Also,

I am 100% for NE this week. If anyone knows exactly how to rattle Palmer in a game that will depend on their defensive performance, it is BB. Especially during the season opener. 

Kind of liking SF at home against the Rams. Should be a low scoring game with terrible qbs