Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron-cock

2016 Team Defense /ST and Kicker Thread

44 minutes ago, od1235 said:

Miami @NYJ

or

Baltimore vs PHI

Thoughts?

I'm rolling Baltimore. Great matchup and they've proven to be better than a streaming option. 

44 minutes ago, od1235 said:

Miami @NYJ

or

Baltimore vs PHI

Thoughts?

Debating this as well. Have Giants as an option too. Honestly the Jets are just god awful and I'm a Jets fan. They've been especially bad at home. However one thing concerns me... The weather could turn this into a run fest which IMO the Jets are way better. Can't get sacks and picks if they're handing off. Miami has been gashed by RBs lately. I fear it being a low scoring game with no turnovers. You're basically praying for fumbles. 

I like the Ravens. Might lean towards Giants because I don't know enough about how the Ravens match up with the Eagles. I'm going to assume the Ravens are fighting for a spot will crush them. But the Giants have the most upside. They match up well against the Lions, pass defense should force some turnovers even missing JPP. 

Personally i I think I'm leaning Ravens or even Tampa Bay. 

On 12/15/2016 at 2:30 AM, MyDawgggg said:

I have the Cardinals @ Saints currently. Should I pick up any of the waiver wire defenses: Buccaneers @ Dallas / Chargers @ Oakland / Panthers, Bears, Lions, Redskins, Titans, Jaguars, Jets?

I'm starting the Dolphins over them. Maybe Tampa Bay, tough call though

43 minutes ago, KaeptainAmerica1 said:

First time postIng. I've got KC in currently, but wondering if Miami or Jags wouldn't be safer bets. Big penalties for PTS and YDS allowed.

Crazy as it sounds ESPN's M. Barry has the Chiefs as a sit opining that the offensive machine Titans at Arrowhead will dismantle the lowly Chiefs. It's a prognostication that I suspect comes from undue sleep deprivation or the incessant need to overthink everything once playoffs time arrives. I'm playing the Chiefs in 2 of my 3 leagues and I am sufficiently demented to actually like the matchup.

2 hours ago, roguebagel said:

I'm starting the Dolphins over them. Maybe Tampa Bay, tough call though

Right now I'm actually leaning toward the Lions at the Giants but we'll see. Hopefully it rains 

Picked up the KC D to stream this week but I am having second thoughts, I also have NE @ DEN.  Any thought on who would be the better play between KC & NE?  Really struggling with this one, I just have a bad feeling the Chiefs are gonna get lit up

Just now, Jordan23 said:

Picked up the KC D to stream this week but I am having second thoughts, I also have NE @ DEN.  Any thought on who would be the better play between KC & NE?  Really struggling with this one, I just have a bad feeling the Chiefs are gonna get lit up

ESPN's M. Barry joins you on this one. The choice is straight forward: start the league best fantasy defense at home against a mediocre opponent or a flawed defense on the road vs the defending Super Bowl champs desperate for a win? Tough one. 

3 minutes ago, Ol Blues said:

ESPN's M. Barry joins you on this one. The choice is straight forward: start the league best fantasy defense at home against a mediocre opponent or a flawed defense on the road vs the defending Super Bowl champs desperate for a win? Tough one. 

hmm. thanks for the reality check. 

Dilemma Here:  I have some pretty good options for Week 16 DEFENSE (I should be in the championship barring a total collapse of my team).

HOUSTON versus Cincinnati (in Houston)

MIAMI @ Buffalo

ATLANTA @ Carolina

TENNESSEE (@ Jacksonville) is the only defense on my waiver wire that I would consider.  Are they a pickup?  Drop who? I don't want to drop the wrong defense and have my competition use them against me next week.

Anybody have thoughts on a ranking for HOUSTON, MIAMI, ATLANTA and TENNESSEE WEEK 16?

Debating with KC as well. I have ravens as of now but picked up KC as well

9 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

Ravens home vs eagles

Texans home vs Jags

Falcons home vs 49ers 

Who do I choose?

Texans out of those 3

Decided on the Dolphins with news that Kiko is back. Should be a productive night against Petty and a hobbled Forte.

You guys have convinced me to hop on the Forbath train.

I have KC but I am a little worried about TN trying to limit the turnovers and focus on the run which is KC's weakness (maybe even more so with Johnson being out). I'm still debating picking up the Falcons

3 minutes ago, AlwayzRight said:

Minnesota D/ST or Houston D/ST?

Minnesota, they're going to tear that O-Line apart

3 hours ago, devaster said:

Decided on the Dolphins with news that Kiko is back. Should be a productive night against Petty and a hobbled Forte.

Well that paid off!

1 hour ago, molonLabe80 said:

Awesome i dropped miami defense today for atl when someone dropped it... Smh 20 pts right now

same here. dropped em for the G-Men. UGH. It's entirely possible the Giants come close but i doubt it.