Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron-cock

2016 Team Defense /ST and Kicker Thread

Having trouble deciding between MIN vs IND at home and NYG vs DET at home..

Colts are without a couple of their starting linemen and moncrief is also out, so that leaves Luck with no protection and less weapons. My main concern about the Vikings defense is that Trae Waynes and Harrison Smith are both out so that leaves their secondary somewhat depleted.

On the other hand, the starting center for the Lions and their pass catching back on Riddick are out. Stafford's beat up and this is his first time playing outside of a dome all season, and in the rain to boot. Stafford didn't look good playing through his injury last week but with the Lions conservative offensive style, it might not matter.

Any thoughts?

3 hours ago, mdbomb said:

Forbath over Gostkowski?

I did this earlier in the week. While his week 16 might be tasty (although I see the pats scoring more TDs rather than FGs hosting the Jets at home), it's do or die week. 

Forbath has been kicking well with increased opportunities and the Vikings are at home in a dome. I like my chances with Forbath this week over Gostkowski.

4 hours ago, biggquis said:

Eagles D gonna wreck the Ravens.  Their offense just isn't good

Yeah, I wouldn't expect Flacco to exceed the 300+ yards with multiple TDs that he's put up the past 2 weeks against stouter defenses.

32 minutes ago, jiamm14 said:

Forbath or janikowski ????

Sea Bass has the safest floor and highest upside of all kickers this week to me

I know the Colts are giving up points to kickers but the minute you go Forbath, the Vikings will have 5 TD's today and no FG

Thoughts on Lutz or Hopkins?

Hopkins on paper vs Carolina looks like money but teams vs Zona are kicking the hell out of the ball and the Saints are gonna be in the RZ a ton IMO

I like Lutz, and if they don't get in the RZ but close- you know what's happening on 4th down !!!

6 hours ago, biggquis said:

Eagles D gonna wreck the Ravens.  Their offense just isn't good

Trying to decide between Ravens and KC. Dropped MIA this week ....

Trying to decide roll with kansas d or go with Houston

Forbath or novak

Grrrrrrrr

4 minutes ago, AlwayzRight said:

Vikes D/st or Bills D/st?

Buf D for sure, I'll take any defense playing cleveland

was debating Texans or Falcons defense - went with Falcons - texans even with juicy matchup at home haven't scored many defense points lately & offense horrible

Vinateri or Forbath ? still unsure have Vinateri right now but wondering if should get Forbath

If i would have just stuck with Miami i'd have my semifinal in the bag. Ugh. NYG did get me 11 pts, but still...

16 hours ago, CKM said:

Prater, Forbath, Novak? 

had the same choices, and rolled w/Forbath ... can't complain, because it was a legit high percentage play - did anyone really expect a decimated Colts offense to waltz into Minny and absolutely dominate? not to mention Colts much maligned D throttling the Vikes All Day (yes, pun intended) ...

what really salvaged the day was the 51 yard bomb in the late third qtr ... an inexplicable 5 points gift, seeing as how Minny was down 27-3 at the time - hell, i'll take it, but that was pulled straight out the arse.

28 minutes ago, jeffr913 said:

Top streaming D/Kickers for week 16?

i'm looking at Rams home vs San Fran, and SeaBass bootin' in the black hole vs Indy 

On 12/14/2016 at 2:43 PM, goodwidp said:

Stick with MIA (@NYJ)

or drop them and grab HOU (vs JAX)? (week 15 only)

Thanks all. 

I'm sooo glad I stuck with Dolphins D.

Championship time!!!