Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron-cock

2016 Team Defense /ST and Kicker Thread

7 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Kind of liking SF at home against the Rams. Should be a low scoring game with terrible qbs

That sounds like a terrible decision.

SF is all around awful. The Rams D is going to tear open SF. Their O will probably gadget play SF to death and sprinkle in a heavy dose of GURLEY.

33 minutes ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

I know popular thought has been Eagles destroying the Browns.....

But Eagles are rolling out Wentz as their QB. Is there no redeeming aspect to Cleveland D?

Not really - take it from someone who watched our pre-season games. Their one redeeming aspect is that they are young :lol:, and that's not the best plan for a defense. It is Wentz though. What's the Eagles' offensive line like?

Uhhh

I just realized I have stockpiled Aguayo thinking TB might be hellbent on justifying their 2nd pick with all sorts of ballsy long distance FG.

...... Am I the... Only one...?

26 minutes ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

Uhhh

I just realized I have stockpiled Aguayo thinking TB might be hellbent on justifying their 2nd pick with all sorts of ballsy long distance FG.

I've not stockpiled him, but he's my kicker right now. He's going to play week one, isn't he?

29 minutes ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

Uhhh

No. He's owned in one of my leagues. Of course the owner that drafted him also drafted Charles in the second and Rawls in the fourth. But I wouldn't let those details bother you.

6 hours ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

SF is all around awful. The Rams D is going to tear open SF. Their O will probably gadget play SF to death and sprinkle in a heavy dose of GURLEY.

The rams defense has gotten worse each of the last 3 years...

On 9/6/2016 at 1:38 AM, mysonx3 said:

akland gives up lots of points to kickers every year (no clue why) and this game is in a dome. Like Kai Forbath for week 1

He got cut.

11 hours ago, Ol Blues said:

No. He's owned in one of my leagues. Of course the owner that drafted him also drafted Charles in the second and Rawls in the fourth. But I wouldn't let those details bother you.

No details from any of Ol Blues league would really bother me. 

17 hours ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

SF is going to be terrible, no doubt, but I think that their D is underrated and especially game 1 at home they could be a respectable streaming option, depending on your options. Anybody think Phil Dawson is a good streamer on the kicker side? I think the niners will win this game (probably the only one all season) but will have to do it with a lot of field goals. And dawson has a huge leg. 

I heard some analysis on radio a couple weeks back concerning dome teams. And why offenses/defenses feast at home in their dome games and struggle on the road or why opposing teams struggle in domes. Domes really amplify the noise made and for opposing teams it really makes it difficult to communicate on offense and the snap count. It lets the home dome team defense tee off and the offense operate as usual. This may come across as common knowledge or common sense, and it is, but it is something I never really delved deeper into understanding.

Why did Peyton Manning struggle on the road with the Colts? And why does Luck now? Because their dome defense can't tee off like it does at home in the dome. Dome defenses struggle mightily outside of their dome environment, which has a negative effect on the offense. The offense needs to score more points and play better to compensate, which doesn't always happen. Hence the losses/struggles away from the home dome.

So why am I bringing this up? I have serious concerns about how the Rams D/ST will perform this season. The front-4 should be healthier with pass rushers returned and the most dominant defensive player in the league last season in Aaron Donald. But they made changes at LB and the secondary lost a couple key members. I'm sure they can make up for the secondary losses, but what about performance outside of a dome? They won't be playing in a dome for home games any time soon. The defense struggled mightily in the preseason. I know it was just the preseason, but perhaps it is an indicator of what is to come for a former dome defense no longer playing in a dome? I'd be worried about starting the Rams D/ST this season.

18 hours ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

I know popular thought has been Eagles destroying the Browns.....

But Eagles are rolling out Wentz as their QB. Is there no redeeming aspect to Cleveland D?

Also,

I am 100% for NE this week. If anyone knows exactly how to rattle Palmer in a game that will depend on their defensive performance, it is BB. Especially during the season opener. 

I am considering the Browns vs Wentz....The Browns defense is bad...but a Rookie QB who wasn't slated to start a week ago is being throw into a starting role due to a trade?   Sounds tasty.

I also grabbed NE in a league or two, Belichick has probably been gameplanning 12 hours a day for Arizona since the schedule came out.

33 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I am considering the Browns vs Wentz....The Browns defense is bad...but a Rookie QB who wasn't slated to start a week ago is being throw into a starting role due to a trade?   Sounds tasty.

I also grabbed NE in a league or two, Belichick has probably been gameplanning 12 hours a day for Arizona since the schedule came out.

Yea... And BB, when needed, has always been a defensive guy... He just rarely has to focus on it cuz Brady.

Boswell (Owned) or Walsh (Waivers)?

Thinking of dropping boswell for walsh? Anyone agree/disagree?

1 minute ago, juy1908 said:

Boswell (Owned) or Walsh (Waivers)?

Thinking of dropping boswell for walsh? Anyone agree/disagree?

I dunno who Boswell is, so go nuts.

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

Steelers kicker

4 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

2 minutes ago, juy1908 said:

Steelers kicker

Actually I thought he was referencing the Philosopher.

2 hours ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

Yea... And BB, when needed, has always been a defensive guy... He just rarely has to focus on it cuz Brady.

Pats D has the players to be a top 5 unit this year. They are loaded

1 hour ago, CuBu said:

Streaming def

pats@ari

jets vs cin 

Pats arent a streaming option for most.

6 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Pats arent a streaming option for most.

Your advocating the pats ?

16 minutes ago, CuBu said:

Your advocating the pats ?

I'm saying Pats were drafted as the 6th or 7th D all preseason, I'm assuming with the expectation of plugging them in most weeks. They aren't available to stream for anyone.

i dont like the rams season long but i do like them vs SF 

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

I'm saying Pats were drafted as the 6th or 7th D all preseason, I'm assuming with the expectation of plugging them in most weeks. They aren't available to stream for anyone.

Funny they are only owned 66% in ESPN leagues