Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron-cock

2016 Team Defense /ST and Kicker Thread

Browns are the gift that keep on giving. 9 sacks for RG3.

On 12/21/2016 at 10:50 AM, dabeesta17 said:

I've been starting the Seahawks all year and it would seem to be getting cute to start the Titans just because of the matchup this week...no?

Not picking on you at all, but I have no idea where people got the idea the Titans were going to be a strong play this week.  They have the worst pass defense against receivers and the Jaguars were going to be out to prove a point with their coach being fired.  I saw this coming a mile away

1 hour ago, biggquis said:

Not picking on you at all, but I have no idea where people got the idea the Titans were going to be a strong play this week.  They have the worst pass defense against receivers and the Jaguars were going to be out to prove a point with their coach being fired.  I saw this coming a mile away

I started the Seahawks. Both had negative points. I was screwed either way.

Anyone like the Bills this week? My other options aren't that great. I could start the Vikings, but I'm also starting Howard. Colts, Titans, and Bucs in good matchups, but none of those defenses wow me.

Week 17 I own Patriots @ Miami and Steelers vs Browns. Both D's are gonna rest but how much will that effect things?

8 minutes ago, The Answer said:

Anyone like the raiders this week?

They could be decent.  If you don't have the Cardinals or Patriots etc. it might be worth considering the Raiders.  Lynch isn't so bad that he can't get the ball to Sanders and DT, though, so I don't know how much upside there is to be had there.  They ought to be solid considering how useless the Broncos running game is these days.

On 12/27/2016 at 9:45 AM, devaster said:

Anyone like the Bills this week? My other options aren't that great. I could start the Vikings, but I'm also starting Howard. Colts, Titans, and Bucs in good matchups, but none of those defenses wow me.

Think I'm going with the Vikings this week. Hate starting a defense against my starting RB, but I think Barkley could turn the ball over enough for it not to matter.

On December 27, 2016 at 10:22 AM, rotodr said:

Week 17 I own Patriots @ Miami and Steelers vs Browns. Both D's are gonna rest but how much will that effect things?

Ask Todd Bowles. His defense has rested 2 of the past 4 weeks.

So my options are between the Vikings or Bills. Any opinions on which to start this week? I have a hefty lead going into my two week championship matchup, but don't want to get negative points from my defense.

2 hours ago, devaster said:

So my options are between the Vikings or Bills. Any opinions on which to start this week? I have a hefty lead going into my two week championship matchup, but don't want to get negative points from my defense.

Same dilemma..Im leaning bills because so many of the Jets could be out as of right now..Powell, Forte, Marshall, maybe even Anderson, and Wilds..They were already bad to begin with so now where does this leave them?  Seems like a great matchup.

53 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

Same dilemma..Im leaning bills because so many of the Jets could be out as of right now..Powell, Forte, Marshall, maybe even Anderson, and Wilds..They were already bad to begin with so now where does this leave them?  Seems like a great matchup.

Checking the injuries for the Bills though it looks like Gilmore is out and Kyle Williams is unlikely to play. Their MLB, Brown, is also iffy. Jets definitely missing a lot of players on offense and defense though.

Sendejo is already ruled out for the Vikings. And Harrison Smith is still iffy coming back from injury. Vikings secondary could struggle.

2 hours ago, devaster said:

Checking the injuries for the Bills though it looks like Gilmore is out and Kyle Williams is unlikely to play. Their MLB, Brown, is also iffy. Jets definitely missing a lot of players on offense and defense though.

Sendejo is already ruled out for the Vikings. And Harrison Smith is still iffy coming back from injury. Vikings secondary could struggle.

I hear ya..And fwiw, Smith was actually a full participant today so looking better there.  Oh well, guess I'll put this decision off along with all the others until Sunday