Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phatrat

2016 FAAB - Waiver Wire Thread

New thread for the new season.  Post your FAAB Bid recommendations here.

This is probably the single most helpful thread for auction leagues.  I was able to navigate last season with some excellent early season winning bids based on the barometer set by this thread.

Could already use some help from this thread.  $200 FA budget.  Someone, for some reason, dropped Ryan Mathews in my league.  Now my team is in my signature, and I don't need another RB, but I think he could be a good pickup.  Out of $200, what should be spent?  20%?

4 hours ago, joey0480 said:

Could already use some help from this thread.  $200 FA budget.  Someone, for some reason, dropped Ryan Mathews in my league.  Now my team is in my signature, and I don't need another RB, but I think he could be a good pickup.  Out of $200, what should be spent?  20%?

Mathews is a 5th round pick/ starting RB and the season hasn't started yet. I'm sure someone is going well over 50% for him.

2 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Mathews is a 5th round pick/ starting RB and the season hasn't started yet. I'm sure someone is going well over 50% for him.

Agreed, especially those who went WR heavy early on in their drafts.

22 hours ago, suckmyforte said:

How much are you guys willing to spend on West or Allen now that forsett is gone? 

22 hours ago, suckmyforte said:

How much are you guys willing to spend on West or Allen now that forsett is gone? 

I think Forsett is supposed to resign.

On 8/31/2016 at 7:06 AM, joey0480 said:

What?  Your commish should ban that league member.  That smells super fishy.  Why would ANYONE drop Mathews pre-season?

If I'm in your league I am spending probably $110-130 on him.

1 hour ago, jtbball33 said:

Somebody dropped Moncrief in my league. What %? 

What??? WTF is wrong with y'alls leagues?  I'd have the commish ban that member too.  On Moncrief I am spending $140-180 on a $200 budget, AKA 70-90% of budget.

You do need to know your personnel, that's one thing I'll say about this. It's a huge factor. I've played several FAAB leagues with other experienced FAAB users, and in those situations if someone on Moncrief's level or better was dropped, I immediately know if I don't bid everything I have or very close to it, I'm not getting him no matter what. But to anyone new to this format, pay close attention to how your league members view FAAB and whether they're (wrongly) hesitant to spend big time on a stupid drop like that.

For me, Moncrief is a WR2 candidate this year who I'm very high on, so I'd splurge and not look back with no shame. That said, if a guy that good could be dropped, that means there may be the potential for something better to come down the pipe at some point. All I'm saying is, IMO there's no set number and a lot of FAAB strategy is league settings/format (and opponent) dependent.

jttball, what are some more details about your league? As a blind answer I would agree with dmb and say $200 should not be out of the question if it's a deeper league.

Thanks for your input! My league is a mixed of experienced players and inexperienced. As you might have guessed, one of the inexperienced (and likely inebriated) players dropped moncrief. I have a good feeling there will be a lot of money spent on him. I've added my team to my sig. The only hesitancy I have to bidding it all is that I'm definitely weaker at RB than WR so part of me wants to save for depth at RB, but I'm guessing it's probably best to spend it on the best player available and acquire what I need through trades? Thanks again. 

Yeah I mean, certainly it's almost a guarantee that you'll get a few shots to benefit from a RB injury and fix the situation that way, but Moncrief is a guy who can help you literally all year and can be used as a very valuable trade chip to help bolster your RB depth. It's a matter of, are you willing to wait and bank on a season-ender to a RB to pick up a guy who may or may not be good once he gets the job?

I wouldn't wait, I would put well over half your FAAB on Moncrief at least. Guy is going to be a target monster stud who gets heavy action in the red zone. It's true you may not start him on a full-roster week, but the structure of your team can change on a dime. Go after Moncrief hard IMO.

I would put in half the budget on moncrief.  He was high on a lot of draft boards, and with luck back should be solid. 

Someone in in my league randomly dropped Christine Michael in my 12 team auction league. I missed the draft, and the auto draft killed my rb selection. I like his upside, but not sure how much to bid with my $100 budget. Should I be bidding most of my budget? He's a definite need, but seems risky since he hasn't put it all together yet except for this preseason . Wouldn't want to screw myself for WW for the rest of the season. Thoughts?

Someone foolishly  dropped Crabtree in our 10 team ppr league. I would only consider dropping either Diggs or Snead as they are my 5th and 6th receivers. So if I were to drop Diggs, what should I bid in a $1000 cap to go from Diggs to Crabtree, which may only be a slight upgrade in the grand scheme of things. Any input is appreciated. 

5 hours ago, Rico69 said:

Someone foolishly  dropped Crabtree in our 10 team ppr league. I would only consider dropping either Diggs or Snead as they are my 5th and 6th receivers. So if I were to drop Diggs, what should I bid in a $1000 cap to go from Diggs to Crabtree, which may only be a slight upgrade in the grand scheme of things. Any input is appreciated. 

Depends how badly you need a WR... Crabtree's upside is relatively limited in my opinion and I'd be looking to save most of my budget for that big name free agent RB.

22 hours ago, fenwaypawk said:

I would put in half the budget on moncrief.  He was high on a lot of draft boards, and with luck back should be solid. 

Someone in in my league randomly dropped Christine Michael in my 12 team auction league. I missed the draft, and the auto draft killed my rb selection. I like his upside, but not sure how much to bid with my $100 budget. Should I be bidding most of my budget? He's a definite need, but seems risky since he hasn't put it all together yet except for this preseason . Wouldn't want to screw myself for WW for the rest of the season. Thoughts?

I would bid max $11 (just in case someone bids $10), but if he goes for higher than so be it.  

I'm also in the Thomas Rawls camp and believe that CMike just holding down until Rawls 100%

This should be re-named the "dumb people made stupid drops" thread.  After we see some Week 1 breakout players this discussion will have some merit, but right now it's just people who shouldn't be playing fantasy football dropping big names.  The winning bid in a situation like that is pretty hard to guess, and if dumb-dumb dropped Moncrief this week, he might drop Demaryius Thomas next week, so it's hard to make an educated decision based on the actions of an uneducated person.

24 minutes ago, handy_andy86 said:

This should be re-named the "dumb people made stupid drops" thread.  After we see some Week 1 breakout players this discussion will have some merit, but right now it's just people who shouldn't be playing fantasy football dropping big names.  The winning bid in a situation like that is pretty hard to guess, and if dumb-dumb dropped Moncrief this week, he might drop Demaryius Thomas next week, so it's hard to make an educated decision based on the actions of an uneducated person.

That's kind of what I'm saying too. There's the camp that will always be like "don't risk letting a stud go no matter what", but if you think more idiocy is gonna start to flow later, then you gotta factor that into the equation (at least think about it). It probably wouldn't lead me to ultimately lower my bid on a Moncrief type guy very much, but pay attention to leaguemates' patterns and take those things into consideration, which is maybe even more important in an inexperienced league. 

You could be the smartest person in a league among 11 novices, but if you blow all your FAAB and then somehow two horrific drops happen and the same team gets both for $20-30 bucks each because you blew your FAAB and the rest of the league doesn't understand how to bid on guys properly, you could still easily get boned. How much $ you should put on a guy is all relative and there's no set percentage that's the end all, be all. Use your best judgment.

Abdullah was just dropped in my 10-team non-ppr league. Right now, I am bidding $5, but methinks I should bump it up to $10. My current crop of RBs is Latavius, Mathews, Ware, Sims, DeAngelo Williams, and Devontae Booker. I'd either drop Sims or Booker. Thoughts?

I am rostering McKinnon as a handcuff to AP. Would you drop McKinnon on order to pick up DJ Foster off from waivers right now? DJ Foster has been getting excessive amounts of hype lately WHIR

1 hour ago, 5675309 said:

I am rostering McKinnon as a handcuff to AP. Would you drop McKinnon on order to pick up DJ Foster off from waivers right now? DJ Foster has been getting excessive amounts of hype lately WHIR

Probably not, no.

Completely out of curiosity, are there any people out there bidding more than $1 on Lynch?

11 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Completely out of curiosity, are there any people out there bidding more than $1 on Lynch?

I would not have bid on him at all personally. BUT a guy in my league picked him up as a Free Agent yesterday afternoon.  Also, is he on waivers in your league currently or a FA?  In my league players are FA until kick off of their respective team's games.

21 hours ago, Fantasy Dork said:

Abdullah was just dropped in my 10-team non-ppr league. Right now, I am bidding $5, but methinks I should bump it up to $10. My current crop of RBs is Latavius, Mathews, Ware, Sims, DeAngelo Williams, and Devontae Booker. I'd either drop Sims or Booker. Thoughts?

He's a guy that has Hype, but Bishop Sankey also had hype.  You've got decent RBs obviously.  Watching game last night, Booker obviously has a long way to go and is getting too much hype too early IMO.  As for Sims, his value is largely in pass receptions, if it's a non-PPR I would have little issue from parting with either, sending Booker packing first, personally if I felt I needed Abdullah on my team.