Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phatrat

2016 FAAB - Waiver Wire Thread

I have Hopkins, Marshall, Fitz and I lost Keenan Allen should I bother spending any of my $100 budget on W. Fuller, E. Rogers, M. Wallace or C. Hogan and if so what %? 10 team 0.5 PPR. 

3 hours ago, flipside said:

I have Hopkins, Marshall, Fitz and I lost Keenan Allen should I bother spending any of my $100 budget on W. Fuller, E. Rogers, M. Wallace or C. Hogan and if so what %? 10 team 0.5 PPR. 

I would say Fuller and Wallace should both be owned. Fuller looks like a better bet for targets whereas Wallace is the home run hitter for a QB who loves the deep ball. I can't tell you a percentage (this is very subjective).  In my leagues, I roll a lot of lowball bids out there just in case, sometimes I even bid $0 in case no one places an actual bid on the player I get them before the free agent stampede.

You have to know your leaguemates for the most part. But take a look at other teams in the league, do they seem like they need WR help? Try to determine who might go after Fuller or Wallace, place bids according to your personal assessment of the league and team needs.  I personally wouldn't spend more than 10-12 on either. The big bids are reserved for instant difference makers. You want to balance the urge to fill out your roster with quality depth with the knowledge that having deeper pockets for when the REALLY big fish are in the pond is key. Deangelo Williams last year was a great example when Leveon went down. It took just over 50% of the total $100 FAAB to land him, but the guy who did won the league.

12 Team PPR Re-Draft 17 Man Roster (Fairly Deep)

Can I get bid ideas on these guys yall would make with a $200 budget?

Shaun Draughn
Tyrell Williams
Jeremy Kerley
Chris Thompson
Victor Cruz
Nelson Agholor
Cole Beasley

Thanks gentlemen.

Lost Keenan too...

- I really liked what I saw from Cruz. Going to bid $20-30 of my $1000 budget

- Not going to get fooled by Eli Rogers because Wheaton will be back, and the TD grab Rogers did have was pretty fluky. Still, he looked like he belonged out there.I'd rather own Coates though, if either. 

- Tyrell Williams is worth a stash, too. I'll bid like $2 on him. 

12 minutes ago, habslive said:

Lost Keenan too...

- Not going to get fooled by Eli Rogers because Wheaton will be back, and the TD grab Rogers did have was pretty fluky. Still, he looked like he belonged out there.I'd rather own Coates though, if either. 

$1000 budget???  lol, that's ridiculous.

So you are personally higher on Cruz than Tyrell?  

25 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

Keenan Allen owner.  Will Fuller is on the wire.  How much of my $200, should I bid?  

I assume you play in a shallow league if he's available, but if he's available, you probably have other great options available.  I think Bears are one of the worst defenses in the NFL.  I don't believe this game will be the standard, I think it will be one of the games you see his better performances all year.  That said I'd probably bid about $32 just in case I'm wrong.  But if you in a league with Will Fuller playing Free Agent, than you probably in a league with Mike Wallace or guys like that also available.  If it's keeper though, Fuller would prob be more appealing.

11 minutes ago, habslive said:

Thoughts on Cole Beasley? % of FAAB in PPR?

I'm putting $1 of a $200 budget AKA 0.05%  I'm going harder at other WRs though.

40 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

$1000 budget???  lol, that's ridiculous.

So you are personally higher on Cruz than Tyrell?  

I can't decide between the two. Maybe I'm blinded by Cruz for the name recognition, but both offenses look poised to pass a lot this year, ironically with two QBs who were traded for one another. 

Budget amount doesn't really matter. All percentage based.

As I type this, I believe Tyrell will see a bigger target share than Cruz. 

Im in the mindset of acquiring as many legitimate WR as I can and seeing if any stick. I have no choice but to start Dez and Sanu as WR1 and 2... if Lockett can deliver from time to time, even better, but I'm not banking on it. 

54 minutes ago, habslive said:

Lost Keenan too...

2$ out of 1000$ ? Why even bother?

Just now, dmb3684 said:

2$ out of 1000$ ? Why even bother?

Because I wake up late on Wednesday mornings B)

How much to bid on Fuller or Sharpe.? 100 budget. They can become keepers for next year and only lose a last round pick. 10 teams, .5 PPR. 

12 teamer, totally whiffed on QB and drafted Tyrod... Luckily and for some reason Stafford is on the waivers. Any thoughts on FAAB%

Have the first waiver claim.  I lost Allen.  Who would you pick out of this group:

Tyrell Williams

Tajae Sharpe

Kevin White

I'm leaning Sharpe but Tyrell intrigues me.

This thread is devolving quickly.  Where and who was the guy that always posted that Football Guys podcast and stuff about what that guy felt about FAAB pickups of the week and then we discussed them?

If you remember his name from last year please tag him and demand he come back please.

Hey @smeeze come back man and bring some life into this FAAB thread again like you did last year.  This thing is devolving from discussion to complete Asst. Coach stuff and now we getting straight waiver wire questions in here.

Save us bro!

Yeah, this isn't nearly as constructive as last year.

People asking questions to thin air and giving a "thanks in advance."

I think it would be helpful to the discussion to have people volunteer which targets they intend to go after and for what percentage of their FAAB budget.  Using percentages allows us to apply it to any size budget for our own value considerations.  The plus of the thread is to see how others value these players. If the only point is to just work together on finding a consensus % for each player, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy that has no basis in the real world and likely won't serve you well.  For instance, I took some of the bids that were being mentioned in 2015 and added about 5 to them, because I either really wanted the player (in the case of Moncrief) or knew others in the league would be aggressively trying to land a certain player. 

Value/how much to bid is completely relative and subject to the characteristics of each league.  A lot of the time, you'll have a better idea of how aggressive you need to be compared to your league-mates better than a stranger will.

Ok, off the soap box... I'll contribute this from my previous experience:  Owners tend to be very conservative at the beginning of the season. Floating smallish bids on several guys you wouldn't mind rostering and hoping you land one isn't a bad strategy if all you are looking for is quality depth or fliers for your bench.  If you are targeting a potential difference maker (like, if for some reason Tevin Coleman wasn't drafted in your league, or if say Riddick went undrafted in a ppr league), you will have to open up the wallet and take lots of league factors into consideration.  But in general, you can be a bit cheaper in the early part of the season as I find owners tend to be tightwads early.  Also factoring into this is the fact it's only been 1 week and many arent' going to cut bait on their sleepers after one bad game.

6 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Yeah, this isn't nearly as constructive as last year.

People asking questions to thin air and giving a "thanks in advance."

I think it would be helpful to the discussion to have people volunteer which targets they intend to go after and for what percentage of their FAAB budget.  Using percentages allows us to apply it to any size budget for our own value considerations.  The plus of the thread is to see how others value these players. If the only point is to just work together on finding a consensus % for each player, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy that has no basis in the real world and likely won't serve you well.  For instance, I took some of the bids that were being mentioned in 2015 and added about 5 to them, because I either really wanted the player (in the case of Moncrief) or knew others in the league would be aggressively trying to land a certain player. 

Value/how much to bid is completely relative and subject to the characteristics of each league.  A lot of the time, you'll have a better idea of how aggressive you need to be compared to your league-mates better than a stranger will.

Ok, off the soap box... I'll contribute this from my previous experience:  Owners tend to be very conservative at the beginning of the season. Float smallish bids on several guys you wouldn't mind rostering and hope you land one. 

Perfectly said bro.  I know I may be a bit guilty too sometimes and I will try to clean it up and make this thread great again like it once was.  

With that said, I will take a look at my league's highest 20 transaction trend adds (only focusing on W/R/T) and put bids that I feel like they are worth in % format.  Kind of like a worse version of what Smeeze was doing with Sigmond Bloom last year.

Here you go fellas… hopefully this will help get the thread back on track.

From footballguys.com podcast with Cecil Lammey and Sigmund Bloom… percentages are recommended FAAB bids.  Footballguys tend to be really aggressive with their FAAB bidding so you likely don’t need to bid this much but you should know your league mates and their bidding tendencies.

QB:

Alex Smith: 7-15%

Josh McCown: 7-15%

Andy Dalton: 5-10%

Brock Osweiler: 1%+

Carson Wentz: 1%+

Dak Prescott: 1%

Trevor Siemian: 1%

RB:

Spencer Ware: 25-50%+

Legarrette Blount: 15-30%

Tevin Coleman: 15-30%

Theo Riddick: 12-25%

Christine Michael: 5-10%

Alfred Morris: 5-10%

Shaun Draughn: 1%

Jalen Richard: 1%

WR:

Will Fuller: 20-40%

Michael Thomas: 15-30%

Chris Hogan: 10-20%

Eli Rogers: 10-20%

Tajae Sharpe: 10-20%

Tyrell Williams: 10-20%

Mohamed Sanu: 5-10%

Terrelle Pryor: 3-5%

Robert Woods: 3-5%

Quincy Enunwa: 3-5%+

Jeremy Kerley: 1%

Nelson Agholor: 1%

Sammie Coates: 1%

Jamison Crowder: 1%

Dontrelle Inman: 1%

Quinton Patton: 1%

Brandon LaFell: 1%

Eddie Royal: 1%

Mike Wallace: 1%+

TE:

Dwayne Allen: 12-25%

Eric Ebron: 12-25%

Jesse James: 5-10%

Virgil Green: 3-5%+

Dennis Pitta: 3-5%

Charles Clay: 1%

Jack Doyle: 1%

Kyle Rudolph: 1%

Jacob Tamme: 1%

^Like a Boss

17 minutes ago, smeeze said:

QB:

Alex Smith: 7-15%

Josh McCown: 7-15%

Andy Dalton: 5-10%

Brock Osweiler: 1%+

Carson Wentz: 1%+

Dak Prescott: 1%

Trevor Siemian: 1%

RB:

Christine Michael: 5-10%

Alfred Morris: 5-10%

Shaun Draughn: 1%

Jalen Richard: 1%

WR:

Terrelle Pryor: 3-5%

Robert Woods: 3-5%

Quincy Enunwa: 3-5%+

Jeremy Kerley: 1%

Nelson Agholor: 1%

Sammie Coates: 1%

Jamison Crowder: 1%

Dontrelle Inman: 1%

Quinton Patton: 1%

Brandon LaFell: 1%

Eddie Royal: 1%

Mike Wallace: 1%+

TE:

Much obliged! This is very helpful to at least focus the discussion a bit.

Some noteworthy ones:

Alex Smith: 7-15% too high

Josh McCown: 7-15% Nope

Andy Dalton: 5-10% probably about right

Chances are you have a serviceable QB in standard leagues already. Chances also are that there aren't more than one or two owners that will even bid on a QB this week. QB value too low across the board in standard leagues IMO to spend much. If you need one, float a bunch of small bids out there for different targets. You are almost guaranteed to come away with one.

Ware is gonna cost, you are getting an instant RB1. He likely isn't available in many leagues, but where he is, I am assuming it's going to cost on the high range of that prediction.  Instant difference maker, are we really that confident in JC's return and effectiveness thereupon?  Coleman's range seems right, and you are getting a flex play with big upside if Freeman were to go down, but do you really want a locked-in RBBC back?  Don't overspend.  Coleman and Riddick deserve more aggressive bids in PPR

I'm ok with this list, but don't agree with coming anywhere close to the top end of those %'s for most of these. Sanu's range is the range I'd probably use for all these guys. Again, assessing league depth and knowing what the WR landscape is like for the teams in your league will help land you a guy for a good price.

Allen and Ebron are the clear cut winners here, I'd assume it's going to cost upwards of 20-25% with how terrible TE play was week 1.  I'd bump Tamme up that list, especially in a PPR, he was targeted heavily.