Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phatrat

2016 FAAB - Waiver Wire Thread

1 hour ago, TheJuggernautBTCH said:

I did.....I tend not to bid  a lot on players who may never be special and easily replaced

That's fair.  LaFell is serviceable IMO though.  

I see him definitely being started in a 12 team league 18 slots like what you show in your sig.

I'm also not TOTALLY sold on Kerley.  I totally get and respect the move though, you basically chose Kerley over him and I can't hate it.  It can easily pay off in spades.  Plus I have big hopes for Wheaton this year, yeah you fine.

Somebody dropped Rawls in my 12 team non PPR league. I have 94 left of my 100 budget (spent 6 on john brown after somebody dropped). How much to bid? Im currently bidding 35 but not sure that will do it. 

29 minutes ago, nefelim said:

Somebody dropped Rawls in my 12 team non PPR league. I have 94 left of my 100 budget (spent 6 on john brown after somebody dropped). How much to bid? Im currently bidding 35 but not sure that will do it. 

8 hours ago, nefelim said:

Find a new league?

12 team 1/2ppr

I lost Keenan. 

Picked up Fuller and Sharpe for $50 total. 

On another note, CColeman and Tyrell are available. 

Grabbing either of them would make me very WR heavy, but hopefully some of these guys pan out and are good trade capital for RB down the line. 

Would you rather have CColman or Tyrell going forward?

or, do I scoop up Kenneth Dixon and hope he emerges from the stinking pile of RBs in Baltimore?

12 hours ago, candygram4mongo said:

12 team 1/2ppr

I lost Keenan. 

Picked up Fuller and Sharpe for $50 total. 

On another note, CColeman and Tyrell are available. 

Grabbing either of them would make me very WR heavy, but hopefully some of these guys pan out and are good trade capital for RB down the line. 

Would you rather have CColman or Tyrell going forward?

or, do I scoop up Kenneth Dixon and hope he emerges from the stinking pile of RBs in Baltimore?

$25

FAAB report from my league.. if anyone's interested in this type of thing ($100 budget, 12 team standard keeper)

Eli Rogers - $19

Davante Adams - $17

Jalen Richard - $11

Tyrell Williams - $10

Nelson Agholor - $5

Joe Flacco - $1

Ravens DST - $0

Kenjon Barner - $0

Barner is a really good deep name, imo. He's never mentioned, but he's a talented handcuff to possibly the most injury prone starting RB in the leauge. If you have a roster spot in a deep league, it wouldn't hurt to stash him now. I have a feeling he'll end up being a big time add at some point this season. 

10 minutes ago, suckmyforte said:

Tavon austin was just dropped.. you think I can get by picking him up for just $1?      

Seems like everyone's written him off after the terrible week 1, but the volume should be there.  Definitely worth holding on your bench... wouldn't want to be starting him right now though.

53 minutes ago, suckmyforte said:

Tavon austin was just dropped.. you think I can get by picking him up for just $1?      

I'd go 3.

How much are people going to spend on McKinnon assuming he's not owned in your league?

7 hours ago, absknicks said:

How much are people going to spend on McKinnon assuming he's not owned in your league?

I think you need to wait until there's word on an estimated return date before you can have an idea of what an appropriate spend will be.

10 hours ago, absknicks said:

2 hours ago, habslive said:

I think you need to wait until there's word on an estimated return date before you can have an idea of what an appropriate spend will be.

I disagree, and I'm kind of hoping that we don't hear anything definitive on AP before waivers clear this week. I'll be hoping to scoop McKinnon cheap. Wish I would have just added him last week like I considered (I went with Kenjon Barner instead) in my dynasty league. It's a very deep league and there are barely any worthwhile RB handcuffs still floating out there. McKinnon will have value I think regardless of the severity of AP's injury. He's young and AP may have finally started that downward slope decline from his prime.

If we hear AP is done for the season or for a month or more even, I'm spending a large chunk on McKinnon. I'm hoping we don't hear anything definitive though because I'd love to scoop him for closer to 15%.

2 hours ago, Trifecta said:

I disagree, and I'm kind of hoping that we don't hear anything definitive on AP before waivers clear this week. I'll be hoping to scoop McKinnon cheap. Wish I would have just added him last week like I considered (I went with Kenjon Barner instead) in my dynasty league. It's a very deep league and there are barely any worthwhile RB handcuffs still floating out there. McKinnon will have value I think regardless of the severity of AP's injury. He's young and AP may have finally started that downward slope decline from his prime.

If we hear AP is done for the season or for a month or more even, I'm spending a large chunk on McKinnon. I'm hoping we don't hear anything definitive though because I'd love to scoop him for closer to 15%.

The rumblings I hear have AP barely missing any time at all. We'll see what that means, but McKinnon is worth owning regardless. I kept him as a bench stash and occasional desperation flex play, but I'm planning to keep him again this year since he's quite possibly the next starting RB in Minnesota and all he will cost me is a 12th round pick.

Problem for folks now targeting McKinnon or Plod is that there is no return frame for Peterson.  Guesstimate...2 - 4 weeks (and by no means am I saying...just taking a guess).  So I would bid accordingly.

Probably passing on the MIN backfield. 

Tamme or Pitta? 

D. Washington (det) and/or Kenneth Dixon? thanks

Wow, Devante Parker was dropped before week 2 games started, just noticed it.  For a Dynasty league no less.

What percentage do I bid?  I want him, but I'm stacked to the brim with young WR talent, I'm not sure it's wise to overpay.  Cost to keep next year would be 15, then +5 each year after.

For comparison, Beckham will cost 57 next year (prob not going to keep again), AJ Green 46, Moncrief 25, Shepard 16, Coleman 11, Tyrell Williams 9, Dorsett 6

20 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Wow, Devante Parker was dropped before week 2 games started, just noticed it.  For a Dynasty league no less.

What percentage do I bid?  I want him, but I'm stacked to the brim with young WR talent, I'm not sure it's wise to overpay.  Cost to keep next year would be 15, then +5 each year after.

For comparison, Beckham will cost 57 next year (prob not going to keep again), AJ Green 46, Moncrief 25, Shepard 16, Coleman 11, Tyrell Williams 9, Dorsett 6

I'd bid all my money for Parker in a dynasty. 

18 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I'd bid all my money for Parker in a dynasty. 

Haha I love it! BUT i would only do that if I was sure others in my league were planning to do the same.

It would be much wiser to assume that everyone will want to leave themselves with something this early in the season.  This was a very conservative league last year when it came to early season bids.  The top FAAB bid this year has not exceeded 10.  

Also, like I said my WR prospects overfloweth.  I can't keep them all.

Maybe 55%?

What do you guys think is a reasonable bid for Pitta in a 0.5 PPR league with a $100 FAAB?  Don't want to overpay for this guy but I do think he's a difference-maker while healthy.  Thinking $9.

25 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

What do you guys think is a reasonable bid for Pitta in a 0.5 PPR league with a $100 FAAB?  Don't want to overpay for this guy but I do think he's a difference-maker while healthy.  Thinking $9.

I'd look at the other 11 rosters to anticipate if anyone needs a TE. I have Barnidge, but with the Browns on their third QB, I'm looking to get and start Pitta next week. You're right he's the man when healthy, but no telling how long he'll last. If other teams might want a TE, stick with $9. If not, drop down to $4-6... But of course it all depends on your current TE...

1 hour ago, Trifecta said:

Haha I love it! BUT i would only do that if I was sure others in my league were planning to do the same.

It would be much wiser to assume that everyone will want to leave themselves with something this early in the season.  This was a very conservative league last year when it came to early season bids.  The top FAAB bid this year has not exceeded 10.  

Also, like I said my WR prospects overfloweth.  I can't keep them all.

Maybe 55%?

Well not sure it makes sense to ask here then, you know your leaguemates. Parker would go for 100% of someone's money in any other dynasty league.

12 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Well not sure it makes sense to ask here then, you know your leaguemates. Parker would go for 100% of someone's money in any other dynasty league.

Unfortunately it's only our second year, so while I know the league trends, I can't say whether or not someone else is wise enough to go hard after Parker. I mean, I was able to draft Shepard, Coleman and Dorsett, and nabbed Tyrell Williams last week with a tiny bid (my usual strategy for week 1 waivers because people are such tight wads).  So it seems to me that young WRs with big future potential are underappreciated in this league (except of course for the dude who snagged Allen robinson last year for a few dollars).

I will have a tough 24 hours or so of mulling over what I'm going to bid. Right now I have it at 55% and honestly would be shocked if I don't win. I guess the question I should ask myself is what will hurt more, if I spend too much and no one else was targeting him so aggressively, or if I spend too little and someone else gets his services this year and for $15 next year.