Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phatrat

2016 FAAB - Waiver Wire Thread

11 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Unfortunately it's only our second year, so while I know the league trends, I can't say whether or not someone else is wise enough to go hard after Parker. I mean, I was able to draft Shepard, Coleman and Dorsett, and nabbed Tyrell Williams last week with a tiny bid (my usual strategy for week 1 waivers because people are such tight wads).  So it seems to me that young WRs with big future potential are underappreciated in this league (except of course for the dude who snagged Allen robinson last year for a few dollars).

I will have a tough 24 hours or so of mulling over what I'm going to bid. Right now I have it at 55% and honestly would be shocked if I don't win. I guess the question I should ask myself is what will hurt more, if I spend too much and no one else was targeting him so aggressively, or if I spend too little and someone else gets his services this year and for $15 next year.

What do you mean for 15$ next year? 

4 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

What do you mean for 15$ next year? 

Oh i forgot to clarify that piece, that's the price point to keep any player claimed on waivers.  All players have $5 increases each additional year kept. So Parker would cost 15 in 2017, 20 in 2018, 25 in 2019 and so on...

9 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Oh i forgot to clarify that piece, that's the price point to keep any player claimed on waivers.  All players have $5 increases each additional year kept. So Parker would cost 15 in 2017, 20 in 2018, 25 in 2019 and so on...

Ohhh, so it's a keeper league with cost associated with keepers. You had said dynasty, which usually means you keep your whole roster year to year.

7 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Ohhh, so it's a keeper league with cost associated with keepers. You had said dynasty, which usually means you keep your whole roster year to year.

I guess that's a mis-nomer I've been using then. I appreciate the clarification.

We called it dynasty because there is no limit to keepers or years kept, it's all budgetary/salary cap driven.

Given that it's not a purely dynasty league, does that change your opinion regarding going all in on him?  I still think I'd taper it closer to 50-60% knowing how conservative this league tends to be... Last year only one player went for over 50% and it was D Will the waiver after Le'Veon's season ending injury (the winning bid was from the deepest pocketed team who bid $1 more than the next highest budget, ended up winning the league). So knowing that, and considering it's still quite early in the season, I may take your recommendation of 100% and modify it appropriately given what I know about the league thus far.  I want to still have a little ammunition left for a potential season saving RB pickup (considering how thin my RB core is).  Also, i have to give fair consideration to the balance of my roster, I can only keep so many players affordably and I also have to still survive bye weeks and injuries this year, so having too many bench WR prospects all at once limits my roster flexibility in that regard.

P.S.: Sorry for hijacking the thread guys, that was not my intention! Luckily the heavy discussions for this week's waiver bids won't start in earnest until tomorrow.

3 hours ago, eg4190 said:

What do you guys think is a reasonable bid for Pitta in a 0.5 PPR league with a $100 FAAB?  Don't want to overpay for this guy but I do think he's a difference-maker while healthy.  Thinking $9.

2 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

I'd look at the other 11 rosters to anticipate if anyone needs a TE. I have Barnidge, but with the Browns on their third QB, I'm looking to get and start Pitta next week. You're right he's the man when healthy, but no telling how long he'll last. If other teams might want a TE, stick with $9. If not, drop down to $4-6... But of course it all depends on your current TE...

similar situation, my starting te right now is dwayne allen which is a BIG problem... i was actually thinking 13 to make sure i lock him up, but now i think i might be over spending.  this is my first year faab, is that too much?

1 minute ago, TeeGee60 said:

similar situation, my starting te right now is dwayne allen which is a BIG problem... i was actually thinking 13 to make sure i lock him up, but now i think i might be over spending.  this is my first year faab, is that too much?

I'm viewing the situation this way -- if someone in the league wants to blow 30% of their FAAB on this guy, they can have him.  I'm not really comfortable committing a huge percentage of my budget for the whole year to a guy who probably can't be trusted to stay healthy for the whole season.  My TE is Fleener, who currently looks like a huge bust, but I'm going to keep him rostered for one more week just to see some signs of life.  (Slightly different situation from Allen, who we know 100% is a TD-or-bust commodity).  So, $9 is what I'm willing to pay, and while I'll be a little upset if someone wins him with $11, I certainly won't be upset if the winning bid is $20 or more.

I'm also putting in a much lower bid on Jesse James as a backup option.  If both of those guys escape my FAABing, I'm going to look into a trade for Walker or Kelce.

3 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

I'm viewing the situation this way -- if someone in the league wants to blow 30% of their FAAB on this guy, they can have him.  I'm not really comfortable committing a huge percentage of my budget for the whole year to a guy who probably can't be trusted to stay healthy for the whole season.  My TE is Fleener, who currently looks like a huge bust, but I'm going to keep him rostered for one more week just to see some signs of life.  (Slightly different situation from Allen, who we know 100% is a TD-or-bust commodity).  So, $9 is what I'm willing to pay, and while I'll be a little upset if someone wins him with $11, I certainly won't be upset if the winning bid is $20 or more.

I'm also putting in a much lower bid on Jesse James as a backup option.  If both of those guys escape my FAABing, I'm going to look into a trade for Walker or Kelce.

i like your thinking on this, as i did put in smaller claims for tamme and james myself, but i feel like the opportunity for targets is higher in balt beause of the lack of support receivers to back up wallace.  i think making faab an uneven number like 11 is actually a smart play as it kind of "price is right"'s them

Seems as if nearly every name has been mentioned thus far, so allow me to drop off a single player from Today's article, that it seems everyone forgot.

• Tevin Coleman ATL 42% Owned $3-6 FAAB – Saw a 15% jump in ownership, after ATL appeared committed to use a committee.  Follows up his 16 point week 1, with a 15 point week 2.  13 touches week 1, 14 touches week 2, his usage has been consistent thus far.  Through two weeks, he's only taken 8 less snaps than Freeman, 5 less touches than Freeman, but has nearly twice as many fantasy points. (32 vs 17)  His upside with a Freeman injury is massive.  Sitting at RB15 right now.

12 hours ago, eg4190 said:

What do you guys think is a reasonable bid for Pitta in a 0.5 PPR league with a $100 FAAB?  Don't want to overpay for this guy but I do think he's a difference-maker while healthy.  Thinking $9.

TE is a wasteland this year.  10% seems reasonable on any given day, but if someone wants a TE and is looking at last week, I could see the numbers being closer to 20%.  If Tamme is not picked up, I would consider him as a backup relatively cheap (or free)

2 hours ago, joey0480 said:

TE is a wasteland this year.  10% seems reasonable on any given day, but if someone wants a TE and is looking at last week, I could see the numbers being closer to 20%.  If Tamme is not picked up, I would consider him as a backup relatively cheap (or free)

I don't think Tamme will be free to be honest. He has been a consistent target for Matt Ryan and like you said, TE is a complete wasteland.

There is a very strong chance that Tamme will be bid on in just about any normal sized league, even possibly as a backup TE for someone's team.

I'm thinking of throwing out a 5% bid for Tamme, but I may have to bump that up. The fattest FAAB stack in the league has Fleener as the only TE on roster, I can only assume he will target Tamme. There is literally nothing else on the wire.

If your league has Pitta and Tamme available, your odds of getting one for cheap increase slightly. But regardless, I think both will be bid on in all but the shallowest of leagues.

I'm going 6% for Tamme but I'm pretty screwed at TE as Barnidge is my only option at this moment.  

On 9/19/2016 at 9:20 AM, habslive said:

I think you need to wait until there's word on an estimated return date before you can have an idea of what an appropriate spend will be.

wait longer?!?

The timetable for Adrian Peterson's return from a torn meniscus will depend on the severity of the injury and how the doctors choose to treat it.

The best-case scenario would be for Peterson to avoid surgery, which could allow him to return in a couple weeks. Peterson has two options if he needs to go under the knife. Having the meniscus trimmed or removed could allow him to come back as early as Week 7, but that surgery is unlikely to offer a complete recovery. If Peterson chooses to have the meniscus repaired, he could be looking at a 3-4 month timetable. Until all of those decisions are made, Peterson's status is completely up in the air.

Source: ESPN
Sep 20 - 10:25 AM

What is a good % for fozzy?  I think Stewart is out 2-3 weeks and I don;t really want to overpay.  I am thinking 10 ish% right now.

Everyone is going to be a little RB crazy this week, but I need to make sure I get Enunwa as the Marshall owner. Do I need to go all the way up to 10% (or $20 of a $200 budget) or could I spend a little less and probably still get him?

30 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Everyone is going to be a little RB crazy this week, but I need to make sure I get Enunwa as the Marshall owner. Do I need to go all the way up to 10% (or $20 of a $200 budget) or could I spend a little less and probably still get him?

I'm a Marshall owner spending 16% of my budget on Quincy.

18 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

I'd bid all my money for Parker in a dynasty. 

What about in a redraft where Parker was foolishly dropped last week?  On a middling team in need of talent and depth, would you say 90-95%?  Talking FFPC high stakes here.  

I've seen some questions about whether or not McKinnon is worth the #1 waiver priority.  Here are my thoughts.

Whether I "need" a RB or not, I'm burning the #1 waiver spot on McKinnon in all leagues in which he is available.  While there are questions about the split, the simple fact is that there are very few RBs with the potential to be top 15 RBs if the starter goes down.  McKinnon is one of them.  The other guys who are on that list are usually owned already any way: Booker, Sims, Alf, Henry, Deangelo, Ware, Starks, Powell, Coleman, Duke, etc.  So for whom are you holding that #1 waiver?  Guys with little upside even if they get the job?  That's guys like the #2s in LA, SD, Buffalo (come on, Reggie Bush?), etc.  

For me, if McKinnon is available I'm burning that priority here because it's unlikely to be much better.  If you are in an eight- or ten-team league and you already have four good RBs (let's say you picked CJA, Lat Murray, Crowell, and have Deangelo or Ware in a 10-teamer) then maybe you can wait.  But in a league like that #1 waiver isn't worth that much any way.

1 hour ago, cowboy5xsbs said:

What is a good % for fozzy?  I think Stewart is out 2-3 weeks and I don;t really want to overpay.  I am thinking 10 ish% right now.

IMO Fozzy is fools gold, maybe some PPR value but not a ton.  I think Artis-Payne is the add in Carolina, and because he was inactive on Sunday you should be able to get him for 1-3%.  Last year when Stewart went down Artis-Payne had 2 games with 14 carries, one of which he scored a TD in.  Fozzy got the work Sunday because he was active due to his role on special teams.  Tolbert can also be added for free and has TD upside.

12 Man league, Hill just dropped. Guess manager got fed up and didn't realize after next week his schedule gets considerably better. Manager is also flush with RB's. Usually drops like this never happen in this league.

I have my full 100 FAAB budget left and managers are pretty active. Have Charles and Woodhead, so in need of RB. How much do I bid?

32 minutes ago, Murn said:

12 Man league, Hill just dropped. Guess manager got fed up and didn't realize after next week his schedule gets considerably better. Manager is also flush with RB's. Usually drops like this never happen in this league.

I have my full 100 FAAB budget left and managers are pretty active. Have Charles and Woodhead, so in need of RB. How much do I bid?

100%

How much FAAB for Mcluster now that he is in San Diego.  In a 1 point PPR I am thinking about 25% right now.

7 hours ago, smeeze said:

I'm going 6% for Tamme but I'm pretty screwed at TE as Barnidge is my only option at this moment.  

I'm planning a similar sized bid with Dwayne Allen as my current TE. Tamme may or may not prove to be an upgrade over barnidge or Allen but it's worth the speculative add just in case.

Problem is he is the last decent TE option available in my 12 team league so I expect to be outbid.

2 hours ago, cowboy5xsbs said:

How much FAAB for Mcluster now that he is in San Diego.  In a 1 point PPR I am thinking about 25% right now.

Too much