Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lukeman89

Zack Burdi - RP CWS

no thread on him yet--heres a quick background

White Sox drafted him 26th overall this year, drafted to be a closer.  From Chicago suburbs, hometown kid and grew up a White Sox fan

Zack was the closer for Louisville

Zack's older brother, Nick, is in the Twins farm system as a closer as well

Zack has been clocked at 104mph (although not consistantly) does hit triple digits regularly though.

Has ascended to AAA already and has 13/3 K/BB in 7 innings...I could see him getting the call in september and getting a shot to close, robertson has blown plenty of saves this year

http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.cgi?id=burdi-000zac

http://www.barstoolsports.com/chicago/white-sox-prospect-zack-burdi-hit-104mph-on-the-gun-last-night/

Roto blurb:
White Sox prospect Zach Burdi pitched two scoreless innings in relief for Triple-A Charlotte on Wednesday.
In just under eight innings, Burdi has struck out 13 hitters, and opposing batters are hitting just .219 against him. With a triple-digit fastball, nasty slider and impressive change, he has the stuff to be a dominant closer at the next level. Don't be surprised if he's closing out games for the White Sox before the end of the 2017 season. Apr 27 - 2:52 PM

Good stash in dynasty leagues?

Fantastic stash in dynasty leagues. I'm wondering if Kahnle would get a shot to close if/when Robertson and Jones are traded this year. Posters talked about this in the April closer thread, but there are very few examples of relievers closing right away in the bigs. Definitely still worth monitoring for single-season leagues though. 

Currently not in the (s---y) ESPN player universe. 

4 hours ago, Rabbit Maranville said:

Fantastic stash in dynasty leagues. I'm wondering if Kahnle would get a shot to close if/when Robertson and Jones are traded this year. Posters talked about this in the April closer thread, but there are very few examples of relievers closing right away in the bigs. Definitely still worth monitoring for single-season leagues though. 

Currently not in the (s---y) ESPN player universe. 

Zack Burdi is in Yahoo's.  I thought they shared the same database vendor, hmmm.  Anyway he is taken in all my dynasty leagues already (I only nabbed him in one) so he isn't exactly flying under the radar so when he gets added to ESPN's best pounce immediately in all dynasty leagues.