Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ponza88

Zeke Elliot owner... Pick up Morris? Drop Ivory or Henry? (Standard)

Hey Guys! 

I am a proud Zeke owner in one of my friends 8-Man Standard leagues... I think I should cuff him with Alfred Morris. I was wondering, would you drop Ivory or Henry to pick him up? My team is attached below!

Thanks guys!
- Joe
wgvqls.png

Lucky, I wish I was a Zeke owner but I had 2nd overall and couldn't pull the trigger lol. I would definitely drop D. Henry though for Alfred. Since its an 8 man league there will be other RB options over Henry but if Zeke goes down Alfred could be great. 

I'd drop your second TE. No reason to roster one in an 8 team league. Ivory should be the lead back in Jacksonville and Henry could force a timeshare which would mean good things ditching in Tennessee. I like holding onto both of those possibilities over a bye week replacement that should still be on the WW when needed. 

4 minutes ago, ajlynema said:

I'd drop your second TE. No reason to roster one in an 8 team league. Ivory should be the lead back in Jacksonville and Henry could force a timeshare which would mean good things ditching in Tennessee. I like holding onto both of those possibilities over a bye week replacement that should still be on the WW when needed. 

Current waiver wire TE's are:
Bennett, Witten, Miller, Ebron, ect... 

I like that idea but thinking about it, everyone in my league is hording TE's, if Fleener has drop problems and connection issues with Bree's, i'm now hurting in a spot because I won't have Barnidge. 

I like everything you said about Ivory and Henry, but that's why it's hard to choose. I feel like I NEED Morris, but cut who is the issue and cutting a TE, when the landscape of the league is, EVERYONE has a second... it makes this a murky situation.

I'd say either cut TE for the reason given above.  In a 8 man league a TE will emerge.  Also, in a 8 man standard league you're looking for top 4 st the position upside with a premium on TDs.

One of Miller or Vance McDonald will emerge.  My lean is McDonald.  Regardless, people will start dropping TEs as the season progresses as well.   

Or cut Gio.   Again, 8 man standard league you're chasing TD upside.  Hill is the goalline guy so Gio takes a hit there.

9 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

I'd say either cut TE for the reason given above.  In a 8 man league a TE will emerge.  Also, in a 8 man standard league you're looking for top 4 st the position upside with a premium on TDs.

One of Miller or Vance McDonald will emerge.  My lean is McDonald.  Regardless, people will start dropping TEs as the season progresses as well.   

Or cut Gio.   Again, 8 man standard league you're chasing TD upside.  Hill is the goalline guy so Gio takes a hit there.

Which TE would you cut?

You would cut Gio before Henry?!??

Cut Moncrief if you are at all worried about TE. You won't start him over Robinson/Cooper/Allen/Maclin and can find replacement level WR production for him even if you ever needed to. 

Cut one of your TEs. I'd probably cut Fleener since Barnidge should produce similarly to last year. 

There are a lot of TE's on the waiver wire. I'd drop Barnidge for Mkrris.

If you are just deciding between the two RBs to drop, I'd pick Henry to drop for Morris.

If you really want to hold onto your two TEs I'd dump Moncrief. A lot would have to go wrong at WR for you to play him based on your current depth.