Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colepenhagen

is this an insulting offer? WHIR

12 team 1 pt ppr

going to send this to the bell owner who is a little light at wr starting j brown and diggs

give deanglo williams and josh gordon

get lamar miller

so he gets bell handcuff and a rb1 production for 3 weeks and after that he gets a wr1 in gordon after only 1 week

his rb are miller, bell, hyde, theo, jerick

forgot to add do you think miller will outproduce 3 weeks of deanglo and 12 weeks of gordon?

If I was on the receiving end of this offer, I would not find it insulting at all, especially given how thin he is at WR.

If I were him, I'd probably send a counter offer for different WR, but everyone values Gordon differently, so you never know.

I personally feel Miller will outperform 3 weeks of DWill and 12 weeks of Flash.

Don't think it's insulting but probably is valuing Gordon a bit highly.  Considering his roster is thin at WR the other owner may well be a bit risk adverse and seeking more of a steady eddy/sure thing at WR even if that player had a lower ceiling than Gordon.  Are there any other combos you can offer if the other owner doesn't bite on that one? 

Agree with Jumper.  Not insulting but probably not going to get accepted. 

I do think Miller outperforms DWill and Gordon combined for the full year.  He's tailor made for the Texans run scheme, and flourishes in the passing attack where Foster used to go bananas.  Gordon on the other hand is a year+ removed from game action, but more than that now has real competition for targets.  When we last saw him, his only real competition was Miles Austin (LOL) and Jordan Cameron (when he was good).  But now, he's got Duke Johnson, Gary Barnidge (better than Cameron ever was), and Corey Coleman to contend with.  And maybe even Prior.  I think Gordon is going to have a  few great games, but on the whole not live up to peoples expectations of him which are that he'll return to 2014 fantasy form.

Help with mine? 

If I'm the Miller owner, I'd probably want DWill + Josh Gordon + Another RB.

forgot to add do you think miller will outproduce 3 weeks of deanglo and 12 weeks of gordon?

In 1 pt ppr?  It would be close, if I had to bet I would go with no.

i could offer kelvin and d will but i am high on kelvin and like having kelvin as my wr3 and gordon/ dwill at flex but i need some rb help after week 3

rb - shady, gio, d will, booker, ware, cj prosise,

wr odb, dt, kelvin, gordon, austin,

I'd be insulted.

But Gordon's value is all over the place, so it's worth offering.

No Way he will accept that. you need to add more on table. 

help - 

16 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

i could offer kelvin and d will but i am high on kelvin and like having kelvin as my wr3 and gordon/ dwill at flex but i need some rb help after week 3

rb - shady, gio, d will, booker, ware, cj prosise,

wr odb, dt, kelvin, gordon, austin,

If it were me Id offer gio and kelvin and see if he bites.  

If you are starting shady/Bell and odb/dt/gordon after week 4 i dont think it will matter who your flex is.  

well i guess he found it insulting... countered with parker and diggs 4 odb

i thought it was decent offer considering he has bell and is starting torry smith (flex), diggs (wr3) and john brown (wr2)

what about odb and gio 4 miller and bell (since i already own d will)

would be starting tavon austin as wr3 for 4 weeks until gordon comes back

would give me ... wr dt, kelvin, gordon after week 4.... rb bell/dwill, miller, .... flex shady

9 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

well i guess he found it insulting... countered with parker and diggs 4 odb

i thought it was decent offer considering he has bell and is starting torry smith (flex), diggs (wr3) and john brown (wr2)

what about odb and gio 4 miller and bell (since i already own d will)

would be starting tavon austin as wr3 for 4 weeks until gordon comes back

would give me ... wr dt, kelvin, gordon after week 4.... rb bell/dwill, miller, .... flex shady

That's way more insulting. 

Just now, dmb3684 said:

That's way more insulting. 

ha why is that? 1 pt ppr odb is two tiers higher than miller and bell...and gios is a legit ppr rb2

plus he doesnt have bells handcuff and bell carries a hell of alot more risk than odb or gio

1 minute ago, colepenhagen said:

ha why is that? 1 pt ppr odb is two tiers higher than miller and bell...and gios is a legit ppr rb2

plus he doesnt have bells handcuff and bell carries a hell of alot more risk than odb or gio

I don't think you understand tiers correctly.

4 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

Bell/Miller = tier 1 rbs

OBJ= tier 1 wr.  unless u consider AB on his own level, which I don't

5 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I don't think you understand tiers correctly.

i dont care if miller and bell are tier 1 rb they arent tier 1 overall players

tier 1 is odb, julio and ab

tier two you might be able to throw miller in here ... aj green, hopkins, dj, gurley, ap, miller? maybe

but bell is forsure in tier 3 with the 3 weeks of 0 pts and baggage

3 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

i dont care if miller and bell are tier 1 rb they arent tier 1 overall players

tier 1 is odb, julio and ab

tier two you might be able to throw miller in here ... aj green, hopkins, dj, gurley, ap, miller? maybe

but bell is forsure in tier 3 with the 3 weeks of 0 pts and baggage

So you for sure don't know how tiers work.

1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

If it were me Id offer gio and kelvin and see if he bites.  

If you are starting shady/Bell and odb/dt/gordon after week 4 i dont think it will matter who your flex is.  

Just to clarify I meant gio + Kelvin for bell. 

20 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Bell/Miller = tier 1 rbs

OBJ= tier 1 wr.  unless u consider AB on his own level, which I don't

This depends on how you define tiers, but miller has never produced a season that seperates him from other starting rbs nor has he shown enough (for me) to put him on tier 1.   

to me the top tier of rbs this season is AP, Zeke,  Gurley and Bell.  

The problem with trading for Lamar at this point in redraft is the other owner obviously believes in him. 

Putting tiers aside, the trade is essentially 2 first round picks, for a first and 5th, still in preseason.

Not sure how one could justify that.

5 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

This depends on how you define tiers, but miller has never produced a season that seperates him from other starting rbs nor has he shown enough (for me) to put him on tier 1.   

The problem with trading for Lamar at this point in redraft is the other owner obviously believes in him. 

It was just an example to demonstrate that "tiers" are generally position specific.   I know u love u some Zeke

tier 1 Rbs:

Bell/Gurley/AP/DJ/Miller

Dmb is correct here

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

It was just an example to demonstrate that "tiers" are generally position specific.   I know u love u some Zeke

tier 1 Rbs:

Bell/Gurley/AP/DJ/Miller

Dmb is correct here

Wooo. Not sure we have ever agreed on anything. BFFs?

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

tier 1 Rbs:

Bell/Gurley/AP/DJ/Miller

Dmb is correct here

ahh I was just talking about the first trade (DWill + Gordon for Miller).

The second one: odb and gio 4 miller and bell is fairly offense.  lol.

18 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Oh the irony.