Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colepenhagen

is this an insulting offer? WHIR

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Lt. Frank Drebin said:

In what world world Gordon be a top 15 to 17 pick if not for suspension?

 

Is Bell slipping to round 3 and 4 cause of his, plus injury?

 

 

 

can we come to the conclusion that both bell and gordon have same risk for suspension?

 

i would have no problem taking gordon top 17 this year if he had no suspension and sense he has the same suspension risk as bell i value both similarly and dont see how bell is a top 12 lock and gordon slips to the 5th rd

the talent is on par with bell

(check gordons # from 2013)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

 

can we come to the conclusion that both bell and gordon have same risk for suspension?

 

i would have no problem taking gordon top 17 this year if he had no suspension and sense he has the same suspension risk as bell i value both similarly and dont see how bell is a top 12 lock and gordon slips to the 5th rd

the talent is on par with bell

(check gordons # from 2013)

 

 

 

Sorry, we only count stats within the last 2 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

You value odb waaaaaay too high.

 

You're acting as if it's impossible for ajg Robinson and hopkins to round out the top 3 receivers.

 

And Gordon MIGHT have been a top 15 pick but he was suspended. Let's not play the what ifs. It's risk and reward, the guy hasn't played in awhile. I'd rather not risk a 2nd rounder on a dummy

and your willing to gamble on bell in the 1st/2nd? because bell is the picture of maturity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, colepenhagen said:

and your willing to gamble on bell in the 1st/2nd? because bell is the picture of maturity

Absolutely not. There's other talent I personally target. Bell has character and injury concerns. But gordon is best friends with manziel. 

 

Gordon failed a drug test knowing he was going to be taking drug tests! He's an idiot and I ld rather let someone else gamble on that. 6-7 is intriguing but not 1st. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

What would be the point of having overall tiers? 

 

Not to beat a dead horse, but you (and Iron Cock) are I think just using the wrong word

 

There is this crazy new innovation in the fantasy football world called the flex spot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine you haven't drafted yet and you have 1.02 (In a 10 teamer for simplicity) and someone offers you their 1.09 + 2.02 just for your 1.02, would you accept?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so confused here, who are you trying to convince, yourself, or the hordes of us other FFL junkies on a site designed for this type of discussion lol?

 

I have nothing against the players you're trying to trade, I like them all.

 

But if you're so in love with Gordon and Gio and Dwill, and Cobb is so trashy and Bell not worth any highbpicks, then stick with those specific players while trading your high drafted studs for players like Bell and reap the benefits!

 

I'm not trying to come off like a dick and hope my posts aren't reading in the tone of anger, it's supposed to be in the tone of friendly jimmy rustling.

 

Cause you have to understand how homerish you sound with this stuff and how incredibly ironic a lot of this debate has been iit.

 

This would be a different convo say week 6 attempting some buy low, sell high's, right now though?

 

Nothing wrong starting low with offers, but I'm sayin'...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

 

There is this crazy new innovation in the fantasy football world called the flex spot.  

 

So you have your overall rankings list.

 

You have your tiered overall rankings list.

 

It's pick 4.06, you're on the clock, what  is your tiered overall rankings list offering that your regular list isn't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lt. Frank Drebin said:

I'm so confused here, who are you trying to convince, yourself, or the hordes of us other FFL junkies on a site designed for this type of discussion lol?

 

I have nothing against the players you're trying to trade, I like them all.

 

But if you're so in love with Gordon and Gio and Dwill, and Cobb is so trashy and Bell not worth any highbpicks, then stick with those specific players while trading your high drafted studs for players like Bell and reap the benefits!

 

I'm not trying to come off like a dick and hope my posts aren't reading in the tone of anger, it's supposed to be in the tone of friendly jimmy rustling.

 

Cause you have to understand how homerish you sound with this stuff and how incredibly ironic a lot of this debate has been iit.

 

This would be a different convo say week 6 attempting some buy low, sell high's, right now though?

 

Nothing wrong starting low with offers, but I'm sayin'...

 

 

 

This is what my stupid brain was trying to communicate. Well said.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lt. Frank Drebin said:

I'm so confused here, who are you trying to convince, yourself, or the hordes of us other FFL junkies on a site designed for this type of discussion lol?

 

I have nothing against the players you're trying to trade, I like them all.

 

But if you're so in love with Gordon and Gio and Dwill, and Cobb is so trashy and Bell not worth any highbpicks, then stick with those specific players while trading your high drafted studs for players like Bell and reap the benefits!

 

I'm not trying to come off like a dick and hope my posts aren't reading in the tone of anger, it's supposed to be in the tone of friendly jimmy rustling.

 

Cause you have to understand how homerish you sound with this stuff and how incredibly ironic a lot of this debate has been iit.

 

This would be a different convo say week 6 attempting some buy low, sell high's, right now though?

 

Nothing wrong starting low with offers, but I'm sayin'...

 

 

i just dont understand how you can be so high on bell and so low on gordon and call gordon a "lotto" ticket when the talent is elite, both have character problems, and the suspensions are similar

 

never said cobb is trash i was letting you know that your statement about cobb going in front of DT was false

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cobb and DT have similar adps, they could be going higher or lower on different sites. Ffc has them at 3.09, 3.11 DT to cobb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

i just dont understand how you can be so high on bell and so low on gordon and call gordon a "lotto" ticket when the talent is elite, both have character problems, and the suspensions are similar

 

never said cobb is trash i was letting you know that your statement about cobb going in front of DT was false

 

 

It's not really about what he thinks, it's what EVERYONE thinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NinerLifer said:

If I was on the receiving end of this offer, I would not find it insulting at all, especially given how thin he is at WR.

 

If I were him, I'd probably send a counter offer for different WR, but everyone values Gordon differently, so you never know.

 

I personally feel Miller will outperform 3 weeks of DWill and 12 weeks of Flash.

 

Agreed.  Not insulting.  But if I were the other owner, I'd want more of a sure thing for the WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

It's not really about what he thinks, it's what EVERYONE thinks.

Exactly, as in perception is key. 

 

I like Gio, I think Gordon is a great mid round flyer. 

 

Dwill is a super nice 3 week fill, has a touch of stand alone bye week worth and is an all season roster spot handcuff.

 

But the bottom line is,it's week 3 of the pre-season and this guy is trying to convince everyone here that Gordon has been averaging 100 yards and a touchdown a game for the last 5 weeks since returning from suspension, Dwill is in a 50/50 timeshare with Bell, Cobb was traded to the Rams and Gio has been leading the league in RB receiving while wrestling the majority of a 70/30 split from Hill in a run heavy offense. 

 

Now a lot of this isn't hard to believe happening, but fact is, it hasn't. It's week 3 of preseason fresh off most peoples drafts and you want a top 10 pick for your 4th and 8th rounders. 

 

It's not what you think of your players value, it's what the majority does and these two things are jiving. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For example, I value Gordon and Gio pretty well, but I'm not trading you Bell or Miller for that combo right now unless you included McCoy for one of my later drafted flyers to balance the deal and give me a big name and more sure thing in the deal as well, if not only for further trade value so I'm not stuck this early to make future moves with other teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so the gist is that one team values his players more than the other team. typical. you may be high on the pieces you are offering. it makes sense. you drafted them. but that other team drafted his players too so he likes them and you want his 1st or 2nd rd pick. you're gonna need to entice him instead of trying to convince people here that gio/gordon is worth bell or miller ( it's not to me). prolly not gonna be for the other team either, especially if he gave up miller as his top plays at wr and rb would be suspended. there's also no guarantee he thinks dwill actually performs at a rb1 level in his three games. a series of offers and counter offers is the best path to getting something done here but i don't think it will ever balance out because you are projecting the best case scenario for the guys you are offering and using that as the base value in the trade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Packdog said:

so the gist is that one team values his players more than the other team. typical. you may be high on the pieces you are offering. it makes sense. you drafted them. but that other team drafted his players too so he likes them and you want his 1st or 2nd rd pick. you're gonna need to entice him instead of trying to convince people here that gio/gordon is worth bell or miller ( it's not to me). prolly not gonna be for the other team either, especially if he gave up miller as his top plays at wr and rb would be suspended. there's also no guarantee he thinks dwill actually performs at a rb1 level in his three games. a series of offers and counter offers is the best path to getting something done here but i don't think it will ever balance out because you are projecting the best case scenario for the guys you are offering and using that as the base value in the trade

 

he didnt reject the original gordon + d will 4 miller... so i decided to sweeten the pot and add in ware and he rejected the original but is thinking this over

fingers crossed

 

someone said a few pages ago that i over valued odb by offering odb  + gio 4 bell and miller

would you say that shady(2nd rder) + DT (3rd rder) 4 julio is a fair offer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, colepenhagen said:

 

someone said a few pages ago that i over valued odb by offering odb  + gio 4 bell and miller

would you say that shady(2nd rder) + DT (3rd rder) 4 julio is a fair offer?

i think most people over value their own players. even myself, especially at this time of year where we are all optimistic for the best of our draft picks. the best way around that is finding something that helps both teams but that usually takes the season to start or sometimes preseason injuries. here rb/wr balance on teams is a good starting point for discussions

 

for those trades i think both could be fair but i see how the other team/s may not think so. when both are trying to maximize value the perceptions are wide apart. most of the time nothing gets done till someone says f it and ups their offer because they really wanted to do something more than initially presented. for example, i kept having what it hought were junk offers for dj, zeke, or both from a single team in a standard i did early. i countered with junk but then he countered with a little bit better junk and so did i. then he said f it and offered me antonio brown and lamar miller for dj and zeke. caught me off guard and i was conflicted because i was over valuing my players initially but then i took it after mulling it a bit and asking for opinions here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Packdog said:

i think most people over value their own players. even myself, especially at this time of year where we are all optimistic for the best of our draft picks. the best way around that is finding something that helps both teams but that usually takes the season to start or sometimes preseason injuries. here rb/wr balance on teams is a good starting point for discussions

 

for those trades i think both could be fair but i see how the other team/s may not think so. when both are trying to maximize value the perceptions are wide apart. most of the time nothing gets done till someone says f it and ups their offer because they really wanted to do something more than initially presented. for example, i kept having what it hought were junk offers for dj, zeke, or both from a single team in a standard i did early. i countered with junk but then he countered with a little bit better junk and so did i. then he said f it and offered me antonio brown and lamar miller for dj and zeke. caught me off guard and i was conflicted because i was over valuing my players initially but then i took it after mulling it a bit and asking for opinions here. 

wow took him to the cleaners on that one maybe less in standard

 

agree people overvalue their players because why else would they draft him

i was just trying to valu odb the way all other owners in my other leagues have been valuing him

 

dont want to create a new thread and would appreciate some more opinions if interested

 

give shady, dt, r wilson, ware

get julio, duke, tyrod (hes a charles owner)

 

shady pretty big upgrade over duke

wilson pretty big upgrade over tyrod

julio pretty big downgrade to dt

ware just another chip since he has JC

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, colepenhagen said:

wow took him to the cleaners on that one maybe less in standard

 

agree people overvalue their players because why else would they draft him

i was just trying to valu odb the way all other owners in my other leagues have been valuing him

 

dont want to create a new thread and would appreciate some more opinions if interested

 

give shady, dt, r wilson, ware

get julio, duke, tyrod (hes a charles owner)

 

shady pretty big upgrade over duke

wilson pretty big upgrade over tyrod

julio pretty big downgrade to dt

ware just another chip since he has JC

 

 

it was a standard

 

for that offer it's fair enough to send it to him. the rb and qb upgrade make it worth a shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites