s-kayos

Ersan Ilyasova 2016-2017 Season Outlook

168 posts in this topic

The man. The myth. The legend known as Ersanity also known as Ersan Ghostface :ph34r: Ilyasova.

He had great post-ASB breaks in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 but the perennial breakout failed to happen this year.  

With Ibaka out, will Ersanity be revived? Or has he gone ghost for good?

Thoughts?

Very doubtful. I am not even sure he finally gets a place in starting lineup. It is possible he finishes as Enes Kanter's backup. In deep league (20 team) I consider Ersan not earlier than 10th round (pick 181-200). He was not drafted at RW mock draft (non TOP 156).

1 person likes this

I am curious about the depth chart given the addition of Lauvergne now.  I wonder if Ersan sees more time at the 3.

Who else can shoot on the roster? They will need his spacing. It might make sense to run him as their starting 3. 

I feel sorry for you guys still hanging onto the wonder of one decent fantasy season. This guy is nothing but a HUGELY overpaid scrub. Hedo Turkoglu 2.0

Not going anywhere near him ever again

49 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Breakout sleeper 

18ppg-8rpg-3apg with 1.5stls/1blk and 2 3's to go along with 48%/82% 

Razzle Dazzle 

f21553d8d6669bbeadcbae4f6ef9e53ea9645305

6 people like this

As a Philly native, I can't not see this guy starting. We have 0 shooters on this team aside from Ersan, Roco is "struggling" but he's really not good in general, and I don't even know what to make of saric at this point. I expect Ghosftace to get minutes at both forward positions and would undoubtedly take a gamble on him in 12 teamers and up, maybe even 10 teamers. Someone's gotta score when Embiids on the bench ?

If he produces something, great, if not, drop him for the next hot thing.  Nothing wrong with taking a chance.

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

Brett Brown said that he'll consider starting Ersan Ilyasova.

Where are they going to start him? At the 3? What happens to Lord Covington then? Philly is a hot mess.

10 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

Where are they going to start him? At the 3? What happens to Lord Covington then? Philly is a hot mess.

U will see in like 10 mins?

8 minutes ago, bjav4282 said:

He's not going to play the samevday he is traded.

lol woops 24 hours then

Sounds like they see him as a stretch 4 and Saric may move to SF?  Seems to leave out Covington, although he can probably get a number of minutes off the bench.  Also makes things interesting when Noel comes back.  Ersan is always worth a look in case he taps into those performances that excited us about him in the first place!!

Don't own Ersan but he seems likely to start at the 3, seeing as Covington is pretty crappy at the NBA level

16 hours ago, BAKIBAKI said:

I look forward to dropping this guy in about a weeks time.

And then picking him up again a week after that