Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Axe Elf

Axe Elf Fixes Your Team 9/2

Ok, it looks like I'm going to be stuck here at work for the next five hours or so; I might as well use my time and company pay to your advantage.

Here is your chance to get all your roster, starter, trade and waivers questions answered by the Legend that is Axe Elf.  I will probly have to attend to other matters from time to time, but I will try to answer all (legitimate) question axed of me in this thread over the next few hours.

Go.

I'll bite. My running backs are a dumpster fire. 

1. What do you think of a package of AJ Green + Gio + X (team in sig) for McCoy + Alshon? 

2. Who to drop for a TE? Rostering two QBs is really dumb in my format, but I am irrationally attached to both Tyrod and Stafford and have trouble choosing between the two. 

3. Any other general comments/advice/trade suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thank you and godspeed. 

1.  Axually, your RBs aren't all that bad in even a 0.5 PPR scoring system.  I'm not so sure about Duke, but you have Jennings and White on the bench, and Michael could work out if Rawls has any setbacks.  I'm not sure I would want to give Green to deal with Alshon's season-long "Questionable" status.  No deal.

If you're going to trade someone, make it Cooper.  He has the highest name-recognition value right now.  Heck, you might even get Jamaal Charles for him or something, the way people are overreacting to his possible limitation in Week 1.

2.  Drop Martellus Bennett and get a better TE.  Tell me who's on your wire and I'll fix you up.

3.  It's a decent team.  Tell me you can't get Stafford or Tannehill at QB though, instead of Taylor.  Then you won't have to worry about having both Taylor and Watkins.

Keep in mind...a 16-Team league.

- Overall thoughts on my team below...

- Rank my Rookie WRs -- what do you see from each of them?

- Thoughts on my Johnson & Johnson backfield -- I know you're high on Crowell (this is PPR)

- Demaryius' QB situation is actually better this year, right? What does he do?

- Chris Ivory: O/U 9 TDs...Good value at Flex in a 16T?

- Julius Thomas jump back up to a Top 5 TE position?

- Jared Cook reach his potential with Rodgers?????

- Cam continues to be Cam

Appreciate it.

4 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

2.  Drop Martellus Bennett and get a better TE.  Tell me who's on your wire and I'll fix you up.

3.  It's a decent team.  Tell me you can't get Stafford or Tannehill at QB though, instead of Taylor.  Then you won't have to worry about having both Taylor and Watkins.

My bad - I updated my roster about 30 seconds after my post. I actually dropped Bennett for Stafford some days ago :). 

In that situation, I am guessing Taylor is the odd man out. I am fortunate in this particular league because all the popular TE sleepers are still out there:

Austin Seferian Jenkins, Vance McDonald, and Dwayne Allen are out there. I'm leaning Allen. 

Other possibly interesting guys: Cameron, Cook. 

11 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

3.  It's a decent team. 

I'll take it! The hope is that one of Cooper/Watkins makes the leap to Top 10 WR and then I have a three-headed monster of Green/Arob/X holding down WR/Flex. RBs are boring, but most have decent PPR floors. 

Thanks so much for your help!

Just now, Spina said:

Keep in mind...a 16-Team league.

1. Overall thoughts on my team below...

2. Rank my Rookie WRs -- what do you see from each of them?

3. Thoughts on my Johnson & Johnson backfield -- I know you're high on Crowell (this is PPR)

4. Demaryius' QB situation is actually better this year, right? What does he do?

5. Chris Ivory: O/U 9 TDs...Good value at Flex in a 16T?

6. Julius Thomas jump back up to a Top 5 TE position?

7. Cam continues to be Cam

Appreciate it.

Good Lord you're demanding...

1.  That's going to get covered below.

2.  Coleman will probly start out strong, being pretty much the only game in town for Cleveland.  Thomas may start slower, but should catch up over the course of the season.  Fuller will be a boom or bust bye week filler that I wouldn't want to start on a weekly basis.  It's kind of a weak group, even in a 16 team league, to be depending on so many rookies.  Hopefully you will have some luck on the waiver wire early and often.

3.  Yeah, not a big fan of Duke as a starter.

4.  I have avoided the Denver air attack like the plague.  You can only hope that I'm wrong--but I know that doesn't sound very encouraging when your fantasy season hinges on Axe Elf being wrong.

5.  Under, by about 5.  Not a good flex in 0.5 PPR, even a 16 teamer.

6.  Nope.

7.  Does he have a choice?

5 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

Austin Seferian Jenkins, Vance McDonald, and Dwayne Allen are out there. I'm leaning Allen. 

Yeah, Allen is probly ahead of ASJ by just a hair to start the season--but I think ASJ will finish better than Allen if he stays healthy.

Good to hear that you landed Stafford for Bennett.

My gf won't look me in the eyes when we make love. What should I do?

6 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

My gf won't look me in the eyes when we make love. What should I do?

Try putting a mirror at the end of her stall in the barn.

12 team full PPR in sig. Draft was just last night. Do you think I stick with my draft class, or should I be trying to trade the likes of Sanders or Hill for upgrades at RB or WR, as some others have suggested? Any other moves you think would be good to make early on? Thanks for your time.

9 minutes ago, nickcalled said:

12 team full PPR in sig. Draft was just last night. Do you think I stick with my draft class, or should I be trying to trade the likes of Sanders or Hill for upgrades at RB or WR, as some others have suggested? Any other moves you think would be good to make early on? Thanks for your time.

Well sure, any time you can make trades that upgrade your players, you do it, but sometimes moves that you consider to be upgrades are moves that others consider to be downgrades--otherwise no trades would ever be made.

I can't speculate on what opportunities might be out there, I can only tell you if a specified move would be good for you or not.

3 minutes ago, habslive said:

Would love some input on this dilemma I've been dealing with all day.

I don't see a dilemma; I see a link.

I will bite because you seem like a logical dude who appears to be like minded on a lot of players and obviously you have some ground to stand on here on this site

Sorry for my format im not quite sure how to use all the features on this site just yet, hell i dont even think im allowed to make a thread yet!

1 point ppr 3 keepers 14 team league .. just wondering on my rb/flex positions what to do

qb- Russell Wilson

wr- Odell Beckham K

wr- Julio Jones K

wr- Marvin Jones K

rb- Doug Martin 

rb-

w/r/t-

w/r/t-

so here are my other options

Rbs are not all that great aside from possible upside but depth is atrocious - Gio B, Charles Sims, Spencer Ware, T West  Hightower (obv not usable) 

Wrs - D Parker, Rishard Matthews, DGB  i also have Julius Thomas 

my depth overall sucks but if i can stay healthy at WR and Parker steps up and Gio, Sims and Ware have any upside play out i may get into the playoffs anyways   

thoughts on who to start at RB and Flew aside from D Martin? 

3 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

I don't see a dilemma; I see a link.

And within that link is the following: 

My roster is essentially the one below (from last year)

It's based on where the player was drafted the year before, so it's not as simple as saying "oh keep Brown, Gronk etc"

I'm keeping:

Freeman (as a 6th rounder this year)

K Allen (as a 3rd)

Lockett (as a 14th)

and one of Jerick McKinnon (14th) or Mike Evans (but he'd cost me a 1st)

Before you knock the Evans pick, consider that I pick 11th our of 12, and the following guys are already being kept as later round picks:

Gurley, David Johnson, Marshall, Keenan, ARob, Freeman

If I don't keep Evans, I have the 11th pick (and the 14th). Evans is a 3rd yr WR, the magical number, and after factoring in keepers, he's my 6th best available WR (behind AB, OBJ, Julio,Hopkins and AJG). Keeping him would give me a WR group of Evans, Keenan Allen and Lockett before the draft even starts. I don't believe in Cooks because Brees spreads it around too much. DT's QB situation in Denver is questionable. Same for Dez although I'd consider him at 14. I do like Cooper though. I want to avoid having Hopkins or AP fall to me. 

If I keep McKinnon, it only costs a 14th round pick, and he could be valuable either as trade bait to AP's owner (which will not be me) or as a guy who sees an increased share of work as the Vikings try to get Peterson some rest, especially with the Bridgewater injury. He wasn't just a change of pace back last year. He's averaged 4.9 YPC over his career and catches a fair amount of passes given the amount of time he sees on the field. 24 with fresh legs. The potential upside could also come if AP retires this coming offseason, and then I have McKinnon for a 12th round pick next year. Probably would have to pick him a bit earlier than 14th round this year if I really want him.

5 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Well sure, any time you can make trades that upgrade your players, you do it, but sometimes moves that you consider to be upgrades are moves that others consider to be downgrades--otherwise no trades would ever be made.

I can't speculate on what opportunities might be out there, I can only tell you if a specified move would be good for you or not.

Of course, makes sense.  Do you think it would be to my benefit to package Hill and Sanders in a trade for a more PPR friendly RB like Ingram, McCoy or Jamaal Charles (despite speculation he's not a go in week 1), or do you like what I have in those 2?

What do you think; 12 team, .5 PPR league, Snake draft and I had the 9 spot:

QB; Blake Bortles

WR; AJ Green

WR; Keenan Allen

RB; Carlos Hyde

RB; Jeremy Langford

TE; Jordan Reed

FLEX; Jordan Matthews

K; Mason Crosby

DEF; LA Rams

Bench;

Corey Coleman

Danny Woodhead

Mohammed Sanu

Tevin Coleman

Phillip Dorsett

Jesse James

10 man 0.5 PPR

Start QB/ 2RB/ 2WR/ TE/ FLEX/ DP

All TDs worth 6

0.2 points per carry

Should I worry about upgrading at wr or go as is?

My roster

QB - Brees, Stafford

RB - Peterson, David Johnson, McCoy, Mathews, McKinnon, Michael

WR - Cooks, Cobb, Sanders, Crabtree, Diggs

TE - Walker

DP - Watt

24 minutes ago, aadam said:

I will bite because you seem like a logical dude who appears to be like minded on a lot of players and obviously you have some ground to stand on here on this site

Sorry for my format im not quite sure how to use all the features on this site just yet, hell i dont even think im allowed to make a thread yet!

1 point ppr 3 keepers 14 team league .. just wondering on my rb/flex positions what to do

qb- Russell Wilson

wr- Odell Beckham K

wr- Julio Jones K

wr- Marvin Jones K

rb- Doug Martin 

rb-

w/r/t-

w/r/t-

so here are my other options

Rbs are not all that great aside from possible upside but depth is atrocious - Gio B, Charles Sims, Spencer Ware, T West  Hightower (obv not usable) 

Wrs - D Parker, Rishard Matthews, DGB  i also have Julius Thomas 

my depth overall sucks but if i can stay healthy at WR and Parker steps up and Gio, Sims and Ware have any upside play out i may get into the playoffs anyways   

thoughts on who to start at RB and Flew aside from D Martin? 

Gio at RB, Parker and Matthews at Flex.

18 minutes ago, habslive said:

And within that link is the following: 

My roster is essentially the one below (from last year)

It's based on where the player was drafted the year before, so it's not as simple as saying "oh keep Brown, Gronk etc"

I'm keeping:

Freeman (as a 6th rounder this year)

K Allen (as a 3rd)

Lockett (as a 14th)

and one of Jerick McKinnon (14th) or Mike Evans (but he'd cost me a 1st)

Before you knock the Evans pick, consider that I pick 11th our of 12, and the following guys are already being kept as later round picks:

Gurley, David Johnson, Marshall, Keenan, ARob, Freeman

If I don't keep Evans, I have the 11th pick (and the 14th). Evans is a 3rd yr WR, the magical number, and after factoring in keepers, he's my 6th best available WR (behind AB, OBJ, Julio,Hopkins and AJG). Keeping him would give me a WR group of Evans, Keenan Allen and Lockett before the draft even starts. I don't believe in Cooks because Brees spreads it around too much. DT's QB situation in Denver is questionable. Same for Dez although I'd consider him at 14. I do like Cooper though. I want to avoid having Hopkins or AP fall to me. 

If I keep McKinnon, it only costs a 14th round pick, and he could be valuable either as trade bait to AP's owner (which will not be me) or as a guy who sees an increased share of work as the Vikings try to get Peterson some rest, especially with the Bridgewater injury. He wasn't just a change of pace back last year. He's averaged 4.9 YPC over his career and catches a fair amount of passes given the amount of time he sees on the field. 24 with fresh legs. The potential upside could also come if AP retires this coming offseason, and then I have McKinnon for a 12th round pick next year. Probably would have to pick him a bit earlier than 14th round this year if I really want him.

Keep Evans.

19 minutes ago, nickcalled said:

Of course, makes sense.  Do you think it would be to my benefit to package Hill and Sanders in a trade for a more PPR friendly RB like Ingram, McCoy or Jamaal Charles (despite speculation he's not a go in week 1), or do you like what I have in those 2?

If you can get Charles for those two, that would be awesome.  Even McCoy or Ingram would be an upgrade.

10 minutes ago, este said:

What do you think; 12 team, .5 PPR league, Snake draft and I had the 9 spot:

QB; Blake Bortles

WR; AJ Green

WR; Keenan Allen

RB; Carlos Hyde

RB; Jeremy Langford

TE; Jordan Reed

FLEX; Jordan Matthews

K; Mason Crosby

DEF; LA Rams

Bench;

Corey Coleman

Danny Woodhead

Mohammed Sanu

Tevin Coleman

Phillip Dorsett

Jesse James

What do you mean by "What do I think?"

1. (12) Mike Evans (TB - WR)
2. (13) Allen Robinson (Jax - WR)
3. (36) Jarvis Landry (Mia - WR)
4. (37) Jordan Reed (Was - TE)
5. (60) Andrew Luck (Ind - QB)
6. (61) Matt Jones (Was - RB)
7. (84) Ameer Abdullah (Det - RB)
8. (85) Dion Lewis (NE - RB)
9. (108) Stephen Gostkowski (NE - K)
10. (109) Seattle (Sea - DEF)
11. (132) Travis Benjamin (SD - WR)
12. (133) Karlos Williams (K. BARNER RB PHI)
13. (156) Jameis Winston (TB - QB)
14. (157) Dexter McCluster (J. WHITE RB NE)
15. (180) A. Seferian-Jenkins (M. THOMAS WR NO)

12 team, 0 PPR, 1 pt per 25 kr/pr yards. Penalties for missed short kicks and PATs, TFL with defense. Otherwise standard.

Please rate my draft. I have crossed out and shown the players I dropped/added since draft day.

Starting Lineup looks like this:

Luck

A Rob

Evans

Jones

Abdullah

Flex--landry

Te -- reed

Gost

Seattle

Won the league last year going 0 RB, figured I'd do it again, even in standard because I missed on the RBs I was interested in at the turn. Didn't want to draft Zeke without Romo. 

Have #1 waiver I plan on sitting on until a serious ACL injury inevitably happens. Hopefully some of my RBs hit. I'll eat the opportunity cost on the Dion Lewis stash, he's someone I will prob want starting in the fantasy playoffs. Or do you think he's not worth owning? No IR spot.

4 minutes ago, joey0480 said:

10 man 0.5 PPR

Start QB/ 2RB/ 2WR/ TE/ FLEX/ DP

All TDs worth 6

0.2 points per carry

Should I worry about upgrading at wr or go as is?

My roster

QB - Brees, Stafford

RB - Peterson, David Johnson, McCoy, Mathews, McKinnon, Michael

WR - Cooks, Cobb, Sanders, Crabtree, Diggs

TE - Walker

DP - Watt

Any time you can upgrade at any position, you should do so.

2 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:
1. (12) Mike Evans (TB - WR)
2. (13) Allen Robinson (Jax - WR)
3. (36) Jarvis Landry (Mia - WR)
4. (37) Jordan Reed (Was - TE)
5. (60) Andrew Luck (Ind - QB)
6. (61) Matt Jones (Was - RB)
7. (84) Ameer Abdullah (Det - RB)
8. (85) Dion Lewis (NE - RB)
9. (108) Stephen Gostkowski (NE - K)
10. (109) Seattle (Sea - DEF)
11. (132) Travis Benjamin (SD - WR)
12. (133) Karlos Williams (K. BARNER RB PHI)
13. (156) Jameis Winston (TB - QB)
14. (157) Dexter McCluster (J. WHITE RB NE)
15. (180) A. Seferian-Jenkins (M. THOMAS WR NO)

12 team, 0 PPR, 1 pt per 25 kr/pr yards. Penalties for missed short kicks and PATs, TFL with defense. Otherwise standard.

Please rate my draft. I have crossed out and shown the players I dropped/added since draft day.

Starting Lineup looks like this:

Luck

A Rob

Evans

Jones

Abdullah

Flex--landry

Te -- reed

Gost

Seattle

Won the league last year going 0 RB, figured I'd do it again, even in standard. Have #1 waiver I plan on sitting on until a serious ACL injury inevitably happens. Hopefully some of my RBs hit.

I don't think the RBs are good enough.  You'll need some waiver luck there to go along with strong WRs--and of course Reed staying healthy will be important too.