Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Axe Elf

Axe Elf Fixes Your Team 9/2

I would be looking for upgrades at QB and K, but those are pretty easy to come by.  Fixing your RB2 may become a more difficult problem, but if you're lucky, Rawls or Jones will come through for you.  The WRs are pretty strong, outside of Detritus Thomas--maybe you could package him and Rawls for a REAL RB2?

TE and D are also strong.  Looks like a playoff contender if you can get it done at RB2.

Guess I'll participate. Rate this 10-team, full PPR squad:

QB: Eli Manning

RB: Lamar Miller / Thomas Rawls / Duke Johnson Jr. / Matt Jones / Charles Sims / Darren Sproles

WR: Allen Robinson / Mike Evans / Demaryius Thomas / Michael Floyd / Michael Thomas / Travis Benjamin

TE: Zach Ertz

K: Mason Crosby

D/ST: Vikings

2 minutes ago, este said:

Means "how do you think I did drafting?"

Oh, well, I would guess that you probly went to a website and clicked some player names from a list and then hit the "DRAFT" button when it was your turn.

1 hour ago, este said:

What do you think; 12 team, .5 PPR league, Snake draft and I had the 9 spot:

QB; Blake Bortles

WR; AJ Green

WR; Keenan Allen

RB; Carlos Hyde

RB; Jeremy Langford

TE; Jordan Reed

FLEX; Jordan Matthews

K; Mason Crosby

DEF; LA Rams

Bench;

Corey Coleman

Danny Woodhead

Mohammed Sanu

Tevin Coleman

Phillip Dorsett

Jesse James

Oh all right.

It's decent, for a 12 teamer.  I would have made some different choices on the bench, but fixing a bench isn't too big of an obstacle.  Could well be a playoff team if you can find a credible Flex player.

1 minute ago, Pandabear90 said:

Axe Elf, would like some advice.

About what?

Thanks. Maybe Matthews can turn out to be a nice player this year. Depends on whoever they start at QB, I guess. Coleman is intriguing but I hope his value doesnt get hurt once Gordon comes back. I'll have to work some magic on my WW I guess.

2 minutes ago, Pandabear90 said:

I linked you my thread.

Yes, but you din't axe me a question.

Hi Axe, maybe you missed my post.. so I will post it again...

12 men standard scoring league

Qb- Big Ben/ D. Carr

WR- A-Rob

WR- Will Fuller/Stefon Diggs/Steve Smith Sr.

RB - Gurly

RB- CJ Anderson

W/R - S. Ware (till Charles is back fulltime) /G. Bernard

TE -Jordan Reed

1) Should I drop Steve Smith Sr. and add Aiken?

2) Should I handcuff AP's backup -  Jerick McKinnon ?

3) Should I drop Diggs for  Darren Sproles ? Or should I wait for a week or 2 to see how diggs is doing with new QB.

4) Who else should I try to trade in my team?

Thanks in advance

Just now, Pandabear90 said:

would you pick up Allen Hurns, or Michael Crabtree or Tavon Austin for bench.

Crabtree first, then Austin.

2 minutes ago, YellowRams said:

Hi Axe, maybe you missed my post.. so I will post it again...

12 men standard scoring league

Qb- Big Ben/ D. Carr

WR- A-Rob

WR- Will Fuller/Stefon Diggs/Steve Smith Sr.

RB - Gurly

RB- CJ Anderson

W/R - S. Ware (till Charles is back fulltime) /G. Bernard

TE -Jordan Reed

1) Should I drop Steve Smith Sr. and add Aiken?

2) Should I handcuff AP's backup -  Jerick McKinnon ?

3) Should I drop Diggs for  Darren Sproles ? Or should I wait for a week or 2 to see how diggs is doing with new QB.

4) Who else should I try to trade in my team?

Thanks in advance

Yep, I did miss it--came up between quoting and posting someone else's.

1.  I would probly wait and see how they both look for now.

2.  Since you don't have AP, no.  If you're going to handcuff anyone, get Booker (although if these are all your options, the only guys you can drop for him are Carr or Ware).

3.  Again, I would wait and see with Diggs; Sproles won't be very valuable in standard scoring.

4.  As always, trade anyone for whom you can get a better player.

1 minute ago, Axe Elf said:

Yep, I did miss it--came up between quoting and posting someone else's.

1.  I would probly wait and see how they both look for now.

2.  Since you don't have AP, no.  If you're going to handcuff anyone, get Booker (although if these are all your options, the only guys you can drop for him are Carr or Ware).

3.  Again, I would wait and see with Diggs; Sproles won't be very valuable in standard scoring.

4.  As always, trade anyone for whom you can get a better player.

Thanks Axe.

1) Our league doesnt do much trades, so mostly have to rely on waiver wires.. but I have one offer - My CJ anderson for Jordy Nelson.

2) Do you think my current team can make a 12 men standard playoffs? Or i really need to improve my 2nd WR slot.

Thoughts on my RB situation? Team is in sig. Obviously not talking about the blank roster - that draft is next week.

I'm high on Langford and CJA, but they both have question marks. And as much as I'd love to see J-Mail return to form, it doesn't look good in the immediate. I'm sure Ware will fill in more than ably in his absense, but I'm worried about a possible timeshare when JC returns.

This team got me the championship last season in spite of questionable RB play, and I would like to solidify my RBs as a whole to make another strong push.

Worth dropping Diggs for any of CMike, Karlos, Buck Allen, James White, Dion Lewis? I'd do it for Lewis pretty easily, but he's gonna miss half the season.

12 team full ppr, 10 pts per yard Rec and Rushing. 30 yards per point returning.

QB-Carson Palmer

WR- Alshon Jeffrey, Demarious Thomas

RB- Lamar Miller, Langford

TE- Gates

Flex- Donte Moncreif 

Bench- Woodhead , Corey Coleman, Duke Johnson, tevin coleman, Alfred blue (I'll drop him for whoever is Miller back up)

Do I move Demarious and Langford to get a top wr and move woodhead in?

3 minutes ago, YellowRams said:

Thanks Axe.

1) Our league doesnt do much trades, so mostly have to rely on waiver wires.. but I have one offer - My CJ anderson for Jordy Nelson.

2) Do you think my current team can make a 12 men standard playoffs? Or i really need to improve my 2nd WR slot.

Jordy for Anderson would be a good trade in isolation, but then you'd be starting Bernard in a standard league.  You could flex Diggs or Smith, though.

Close call.  I'd probly do it, unless you can get Booker to cover Anderson's high injury probability, and then as a whole, the Denver backfield is probly more valuable.

Hopefully you can make enough improvements over the course of the season to see the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, JJRules said:

Thoughts on my RB situation? Team is in sig. Obviously not talking about the blank roster - that draft is next week.

I'm high on Langford and CJA, but they both have question marks. And as much as I'd love to see J-Mail return to form, it doesn't look good in the immediate. I'm sure Ware will fill in more than ably in his absense, but I'm worried about a possible timeshare when JC returns.

This team got me the championship last season in spite of questionable RB play, and I would like to solidify my RBs as a whole to make another strong push.

I think I have commented on that team in another thread; it's a good team for sure.  I wouldn't be too worried about your RBs at all.

Thanks! The other thread was specifically about a potential Diggs for Booker trade.

6 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

12 team full ppr, 10 pts per yard Rec and Rushing. 30 yards per point returning.

QB-Carson Palmer

WR- Alshon Jeffrey, Demarious Thomas

RB- Lamar Miller, Langford

TE- Gates

Flex- Donte Moncreif 

Bench- Woodhead , Corey Coleman, Duke Johnson, tevin coleman, Alfred blue (I'll drop him for whoever is Miller back up)

Do I move Demarious and Langford to get a top wr and move woodhead in?

No, I wouldn't want to count on Woodhead as a weekly starter.  You could probly flip Thomas for a good WR just on name recognition alone, if you can get it done before the season starts.

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

Miss cleo, would you rather have cooks or landry in ppr

I have leaned toward Cooks, because I think he continues to develop as Landry loses some targets to the rest of the receivers this year.  When Landry has fallen to me in the 4th, however, I have capitulated.

1 minute ago, Axe Elf said:

I have leaned toward Cooks, because I think he continues to develop as Landry loses some targets to the rest of the receivers this year.  When Landry has fallen to me in the 4th, however, I have capitulated.

Swing and a miss.

2 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

No, I wouldn't want to count on Woodhead as a weekly starter.  You could probly flip Thomas for a good WR just on name recognition alone, if you can get it done before the season starts.

Who would you recommend going straight up for in your opinion?

What do you think Axe...full point ppr

QB: Cousins, Carr

RB: Lacy, Rawls, Langford, Jennings, Henry

WR: Robinson, Evans, Matthews, Parker

TE: Ebron

K: Bailey

Def: Eagles