Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Axe Elf

Axe Elf Fixes Your Team 9/2

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Who would you recommend going straight up for in your opinion?

 

Oh, depends on who people value, but you might be able to reach as high as Cooks, Evans, Watkins or Landry; probly definitely someone like Benjamin, Moncrief or Floyd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep dt. You'd be selling for peanuts. Everyone is down on him even though he had garbage at QB last year.

 

Peyton on a Sunday mooooooornin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Keep dt. You'd be selling for peanuts. Everyone is down on him even though he had garbage at QB last year.

 

Peyton on a Sunday mooooooornin

 

Sounds like a post for the "Bhawks Screws Up Your Team" thread.

 

Shoo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Axe Elf said:

 

Sounds like a post for the "Bhawks Screws Up Your Team" thread.

 

Shoo.

I'm the editor.

 

And I have alllooooooooot of work to do. Time to brew the coffee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How would you rank these TEs for a PPR league for this season?  

 

Mcdonald , Jared Cook, Clay, will tye, Virgil Green

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

Who's better ROS in standard..... Jesse James or Jared Cook?

 

Cook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sportball said:

What do you think Axe...full point ppr

 

QB: Cousins, Carr

RB: Lacy, Rawls, Langford, Jennings, Henry

WR: Robinson, Evans, Matthews, Parker

TE: Ebron

K: Bailey

Def: Eagles

 

Not a big fan of Rawls, Matthews, or even Ebron, really, but the rest looks nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, suckmyforte said:

How would you rank these TEs for a PPR league for this season?  

 

Mcdonald , Jared Cook, Clay, will tye, Virgil Green

 

Green, Cook, Tye, McDonald, Clay

 

I wouldn't want McDonald or Clay on my team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

 

If you can get Charles for those two, that would be awesome.  Even McCoy or Ingram would be an upgrade.

How about Charles, Ingram, or McCoy for a Jeremy Hill/Sammy Watkins package - would I then be paying too much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nickcalled said:

How about Charles, Ingram, or McCoy for a Jeremy Hill/Sammy Watkins package - would I then be paying too much?

 

Don't remember your full team and I'm not going back to look it up, but if you can afford to lose Watkins, then Charles and McCoy would be a solid return.

 

Weren't you the guy who had Sanders though?  I'm much rather send Hill and Sanders for Charles and someone, even if that someone is significantly less than McCoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

 

Don't remember your full team and I'm not going back to look it up, but if you can afford to lose Watkins, then Charles and McCoy would be a solid return.

 

Weren't you the guy who had Sanders though?  I'm much rather send Hill and Sanders for Charles and someone, even if that someone is significantly less than McCoy.

That was me. Thanks for the help today. I think I know what to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Who are the two biggest names available on the waiver wire that we need to look out for in week 1?

2. Is my team good enough to win the championship or will I be a bridesmaid again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fantasygod81 said:

In a standard league should I go Odell Or Julio...

What about ppr?

 

Got second pick in both leagues.

 

Eileen toward Julio in PPR and OBJ in standard--but you can't really go wrong either way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nicksti said:

1. Who are the two biggest names available on the waiver wire that we need to look out for in week 1?

2. Is my team good enough to win the championship or will I be a bridesmaid again?

1.  Tell me all the names on your waiver wire, and I will tell you who to target.

2.  If that's the team to which you refer in your signature, I wouldn't hold my breath.  It's a decent team, but the playoffs are months away; there's no way you could hold your breath that long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll axe a couple of questions.

 

12 Team .5ppr

 

Rivers, Fitzpatrick

Lacy, Langford, Gio, DHenry, Starks

Julio, KAllen, Floyd, MThomas, Funchess

Virgil Green

 

 On the wire:

Vereen, BPowell, DeAndre Washington, Al Morris

Steve Smiff, Torrey Smith, Fuller, Treadwell, Pryor

Jesse James, Walford, ASJ

Dak

 

Would you add anyone to strengthen the team?

 

If so, who would you let go?

 

And, is it silly to believe Virgil could be a top 10 TE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can make reasonable assumptions about who would be available. Also who should I drop for said waiver wire gem. The obvious like ware, cmike, sshephard are owned but guys like vjax, snead, Thomas, Hogan, Sanu, Tajae, ajayi, McKinnon, Javorius are available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, candygram4mongo said:

I'll axe a couple of questions.

 

12 Team .5ppr

 

Rivers, Fitzpatrick

Lacy, Langford, Gio, DHenry, Starks

Julio, KAllen, Floyd, MThomas, Funchess

Virgil Green

 

 On the wire:

Vereen, BPowell, DeAndre Washington, Al Morris

Steve Smiff, Torrey Smith, Fuller, Treadwell, Pryor

Jesse James, Walford, ASJ

Dak

 

Would you add anyone to strengthen the team?

 

If so, who would you let go?

 

And, is it silly to believe Virgil could be a top 10 TE?

 

I don't see anyone you listed that I would drop anyone you own for.  The closest would probly be Powell for Starks--but it's not likely to make a difference in your lineup, and you probly want Starks as Lacy insurance.  Maybe Henry, but again, probly won't ever crack your starting lineup anyway.

 

I think top 10 for Virgil would be pushing it, but I could see him on the cusp of that area--12 to 15 maybe.  I would keep ASJ on the speed dial in case it doesn't work out for him though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nicksti said:

You can make reasonable assumptions about who would be available. Also who should I drop for said waiver wire gem. The obvious like ware, cmike, sshephard are owned but guys like vjax, snead, Thomas, Hogan, Sanu, Tajae, ajayi, McKinnon, Javorius are available.

 

Then you can make reasonable assumptions about who I would recommend.

 

Of those you listed, I would be interested in Hogan, Thomas and Sharpe, in that order, if I had someone worse that I could drop for them.  They probly won't stay on the wire after Week 1.  Jackson and Snead might not be either, but I'd rather have Thomas than Snead.

 

One guy no one seems to be talking about much is Chris Conley.  I'm thinking WR3/WR4 material.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8th round going into 9th. My team so far ... .5 ppr

L.Miller
J.Stewart
D.Hopkins
D.Thomas
B.Cooks

D.Walker
Broncos

D. Henry


What you think so far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your RBs are a little sad, and you could use a better WR3 than Thomas.

 

6 minutes ago, Pandabear90 said:

8th round going into 9th. My team so far ... .5 ppr

L.Miller
J.Stewart
D.Hopkins
D.Thomas
B.Cooks

D.Walker
Broncos

D. Henry


What you think so far?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Axe Elf. I feel good about my chances in the league this year once I follow your advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nicksti said:

Thank you Axe Elf. I feel good about my chances in the league this year once I follow your advice.

 

Join the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BaBaBooey said:

 

 

I don't do links.  If you can't be bothered to axe your question here, then don't expect me to be bothered to answer it.

 

However, I think I just answered this one independently, right before checking this thread again, anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites