Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Axe Elf

Axe Elf's 2016 Leagues, Teams and Players

3 minutes ago, aifan27 said:

Obviously not.  It's for @Axe Elf

Okay.  My bad,

81 leagues=13k Seems MacDonalds would be a better career choice.

1 hour ago, aifan27 said:

Serious question: do you have a real job?  If so, what is it?

It's been answered a couple of times already, in various threads, but for the fans...

Yes, I have a Master's degree in Psychology and 20+ years of experience (mixed in with some periods of semi-retirement) working with abused, neglected, runaway and delinquent teens and their families.  Over the years, my duties have become increasingly administrative, and I currently spend about 24 hours a week affiliated with an agency that provides transitional living opportunities for teens and young adults who are either aging out of the child care system or being released from an institutional system.

1 hour ago, kcva said:

Okay.  My bad,

81 leagues=13k Seems MacDonalds would be a better career choice.

81 leagues = a hobby.

13k = an example of seven figures.

The two are not related.

Axe Elf went 19-6 in managed leagues this week, and it could well have been 22-3, losing three games by a combined total of 5.78 points.

I won in two of my three Fantasy Championship leagues, and in the third I was the highest-scoring loser--by a skinny 1.5 point margin (one of the three losses referenced above).

Another of those three losses was a 3.82 point loss--and I was starting Todd Gurley and Adrian Peterson, so hopefully that scoring will improve.

Yep, that means that I lost the third game by a mere 0.46 points--and that team also had Adrian Peterson (as well as Allen Robinson).

On the plus side, I beat a team sporting Drew Brees, David Johnson, Mike Evans and Doug Baldwin--with one of my many teams featuring the WR duo of Allen Robinson and Brandon Marshall--by a mere 0.28 points.

In my 50 ten-team Draft Masters leagues, I am currently in a cashing position in 9 of them (five 1sts and four 2nds), but have a total of 30 of those 50 teams in the top half of their leagues (nine 3rds, eight 4ths and four 5ths).  I'm ok with that, given that a lot of those teams include Allen Robinson, Brandon Marshall, and/or DeVante Parker, so there's a lot of room for those scores to improve over the rest of the season.

In my 6 twelve-team Draft Masters leagues, I am not doing so well; only half of them are in the top half of their leagues--two 5ths and a 6th.

1 hour ago, Axe Elf said:

Axe Elf went 19-6 in managed leagues this week, and it could well have been 22-3, losing three games by a combined total of 5.78 points.

I won in two of my three Fantasy Championship leagues, and in the third I was the highest-scoring loser--by a skinny 1.5 point margin (one of the three losses referenced above).

Another of those three losses was a 3.82 point loss--and I was starting Todd Gurley and Adrian Peterson, so hopefully that scoring will improve.

Yep, that means that I lost the third game by a mere 0.46 points--and that team also had Adrian Peterson (as well as Allen Robinson).

On the plus side, I beat a team sporting Drew Brees, David Johnson, Mike Evans and Doug Baldwin--with one of my many teams featuring the WR duo of Allen Robinson and Brandon Marshall--by a mere 0.28 points.

In my 50 ten-team Draft Masters leagues, I am currently in a cashing position in 9 of them (five 1sts and four 2nds), but have a total of 30 of those 50 teams in the top half of their leagues (nine 3rds, eight 4ths and four 5ths).  I'm ok with that, given that a lot of those teams include Allen Robinson, Brandon Marshall, and/or DeVante Parker, so there's a lot of room for those scores to improve over the rest of the season.

In my 6 twelve-team Draft Masters leagues, I am not doing so well; only half of them are in the top half of their leagues--two 5ths and a 6th.

I believe in you Axe Elf. Help a peasant like myself win my league! Who should I trade away and for whom?

12 team PPR ESPN standard scoring. 6 point TD's. 

QB = Rivers

RB's = Le'Veon, Ware, Ameer, TJ, Melvin and Rawls

WR's = AJ, DT, Crabtree, DGB and Eli Rogers

TE's = Zach Miller and Virgil Green

Defense = Rams and Pats

Kicker = Janikowski

2 hours ago, PCDC650 said:

I believe in you Axe Elf. Help a peasant like myself win my league! Who should I trade away and for whom?

12 team PPR ESPN standard scoring. 6 point TD's. 

QB = Rivers

RB's = Le'Veon, Ware, Ameer, TJ, Melvin and Rawls

WR's = AJ, DT, Crabtree, DGB and Eli Rogers

TE's = Zach Miller and Virgil Green

Defense = Rams and Pats

Kicker = Janikowski

Trade one of your defenses for Antonio Brown.

Swing and a miss... and a miss... and a miss... and a miss... and a miss... and a miss...

etc.

i couldn't make it through all them links but he had more last place finishes than playoff berths when i stopped. yikes! so loud yet so terrible. we may not see him again for a couple seasons after that disasterpiece of results

On 9/9/2016 at 3:05 AM, Axe Elf said:

Yes, I have a Master's degree in Psychology and 20+ years of experience (mixed in with some periods of semi-retirement) working with abused, neglected, runaway and delinquent teens and their families.  Over the years, my duties have become increasingly administrative, and I currently spend about 24 hours a week affiliated with an agency that provides transitional living opportunities for teens and young adults who are either aging out of the child care system or being released from an institutional system.

if this is true ... then i give a lifetime pass to his ridiculous hubris up on the various boards i've seen him on - 

my gf does similar work, and helping kids in crisis out is about as noble and crucial as a gig can get  - good on ya, Elf - and if you're reading this, Merry Christmas to you and yours.

hahaha looks like he flopped in a lot. That pic of his team he posted sure as hell didn't win a thing. Haven't seen him around for a long time tho. WHERE YOU AT

28 minutes ago, savagenatn said:

Axe just doesn't have time to get on here, what with managing his 139 teams or however many he has. 

He doesn't have time to get on here, because he has to make a 7 figure salary for his "hobby" this year. Haha

On 9/8/2016 at 2:19 PM, Axe Elf said:

The drafting is done; now I'm ready for some football.

On 9/8/2016 at 2:19 PM, Axe Elf said:

The drafting is done; now I'm ready for some football.

I drafted 81 leagues this season; 25 are managed leagues and 56 are best-ball (draft only) leagues.
72 are money leagues, 9 are free leagues.
60 drafts were auctions, 21 were snakes (and 5 of the snakes were slow/email drafts).
17 leagues use some variation on standard scoring; 64 leagues use some variation on PPR scoring.
2 leagues were mandatory 2-QB leagues, while a third has a SuperFlex slot in which a QB may be used.
6 leagues do not use Kickers; 1 league does not use a Defense either.  1 league uses both a team Defense and IDPs.
I have 15 Yahoo leagues, 7 ESPN leagues, 5 MyFantasyLeague leagues, and 54 RealTime Sports leagues
2 leagues are 8-team leagues, 65 are 10-team leagues, 12 are 12-team leagues, and 2 are 14-team leagues.
3 of the 12-team leagues also have a global competition beyond individual league play.

Across all 81 leagues, I have made 1,559 draft picks, consisting of 140 unique players.  While I can't list all 81 teams here, I can list all of those players, and the number of times I have drafted each one:

Matthew Stafford    61
Carlos Hyde    56

Matt Prater/Detroit Lions K    55
DeVante Parker    51
Jacksonville Jaguars D/ST    49
Blair Walsh/Minnesota Vikings K    46
Allen Robinson    45
Michael Floyd    39
Ryan Tannehill    37

Isaiah Crowell    36
Delanie Walker    35
Minnesota Vikings D/ST    35
Rashad Jennings    35
Tavon Austin    34

Frank Gore    33
Austin Seferian-Jenkins    31
Brandon Marshall    30
Jason Witten    30
Jeremy Langford    30
Jamaal Charles    29

Michael Crabtree    28
Darren Sproles    27
Kirk Cousins    25
Oakland Raiders D/ST    24
C.J. Anderson    21
Kelvin Benjamin    21
Dorial Green-Beckham    20
Doug Martin    20

Jordy Nelson     20
Corey Coleman    19
Donte Moncrief    19

Michael Thomas    19
Devontae Booker    18
Dion Lewis    18

Zach Ertz    17
Golden Tate    16
Coby Fleener    15
Zach Miller    15
Mike Wallace    14
Adrian Peterson    13
Joe Flacco    13
Alex Smith    12
Chris Hogan    12
Keenan Allen    12
Matt Jones    12
Robert Woods    12
Reggie Bush    11
Todd Gurley    11
Danny Woodhead    10

Dwayne Allen    10
Tennessee Titans D/ST    10
Will Tye    10
Chandler Catanzaro/Arizona Cardinals K    9

Man this guy has lost a lot of money. Maybe the reason we have not seen him for months is because he could not pay rent, is now homeless and no longer has an internet connection. 

Note to self: If Axe Elf gets back on his feet and ever starts posting again, do the exact opposite of everything he says

From glancing at the players you drafted, it looks like you lost quite a bit of coin boyo. 

Hopefully you'll be able to pay those loan sharks their money back soon.

His players did pretty poorly. He deserves to be playfully chided. But it does take alot to put yourself out there like that. 

4 hours ago, Tenner said:

His players did pretty poorly. He deserves to be playfully chided. But it does take alot to put yourself out there like that. 

Its one thing to put yourself out there, and its another thing to shout your mouth off constantly when people disagree with you. 

The arrogance of the Axe Elf has cost the Axe Elf a lot of money, time and pride this year. Hopefully the Axe Elf comes back and we have a more humble Axe Elf. 

Chances are we will never see him again

A 2017 one would be even more valuable at this point, but hey, at least you get to see how an otherwise Championship season can be derailed by a 40% injury rate.

On 9/9/2016 at 0:05 AM, Axe Elf said:

It's been answered a couple of times already, in various threads, but for the fans...

God dammit.  If this is remotely true, then I can't hate you, no matter how condescending and nasty you are.  As an attorney who has worked with these kids on occasion, I commend you on your career choice.  It's not my area of expertise (we generally represent individuals who have been harassed, discriminated, and/or retaliated against in their workplace), but we do some pro bono stuff for children in need and minors seeking asylum due to horrendous conditions and threats on their lives in their native countries.

2 hours ago, AAWWyeah said:

God dammit.  If this is remotely true, then I can't hate you, no matter how condescending and nasty you are.  As an attorney who has worked with these kids on occasion, I commend you on your career choice.  It's not my area of expertise (we generally represent individuals who have been harassed, discriminated, and/or retaliated against in their workplace), but we do some pro bono stuff for children in need and minors seeking asylum due to horrendous conditions and threats on their lives in their native countries.

Respect.

It was true last year; since then I have pretty much retired to focus on playing poker (and fantasy football of course).  But yeah, I feel like I gave a lot over all those years, and I am honored to have spent my life in the service of those in need.

Now I just serve those in need of fantasy football wisdom.