FouLLine

Luis Urias - 2B SD

5 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

Pirela still with a sub .700 OPS and 0HR, so I’m thinking we’re a week away from his call up. At least that’s what I’m hoping for. I’ve been saving my waiver spot for him in my NL only. Wouldn’t mind Alonso or Hampson but I’m less confident either of them come up and get playing time. 

Yea I’ve got a similar dilemma in my league...only 1 more weekly move left and kinda in a holding pattern.  Really need to make a move but am holding out in case urias gets the call.  

After Super 2 deadline, so probably end of the month would be first chance.  

On 6/7/2018 at 9:36 PM, einstein2u said:

dude been cold.  he may spend the whole year down there.

I check in on him every few days or so and yes, he's about as cold as I've seen him.

But today I check and think mebbe the ABQ manager gave him the day off cuz he had 0 AB's 1 Run....but no, he had 4 walks. It could be his cold streak is a combination of just not hitting well and not getting pitches to hit & expanding his strike zone as pitchers stay away from him.

I'm just speculating obviously but you don't see 4-walk games very often at any level. Maybe he finally said 'screw it, i'm not swinging if it's not where i want it.'

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, LarrysBraves26 said:

70 hit tool huh...

Even in a "down" year, he's roughly 6 years younger than league average with a 46:36 K/BB and a sub-20% k-rate. Yeah, that seems like a 70 hit tool to me.

Edited by Hanghow
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, tootallball said:

Apparently rocking an .095 BABIP during this slump which is kind of crazy. 

Source: https://twitter.com/NickLee51/status/1004194888928276480

i can't access twitter at work, so forgive me i address something that's already covered.

last 20 games: .278 BABIP

last 10 games: .167 BABIP

last 5 games: .200 BABIP

i'm not sure how they're getting a BABIP so low.. what criteria they're using how they're parsing game dates together.

Edited by osb_tensor

31 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

i can't access twitter at work, so forgive me i address something that's already covered.

last 20 games: .278 BABIP

last 10 games: .167 BABIP

last 5 games: .200 BABIP

i'm not sure how they're getting a BABIP so low.. what criteria they're using how they're parsing game dates together.

Either way, that's some bad luck. I'm not worried. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tootallball said:

Either way, that's some bad luck. I'm not worried. 

agree it's bad either way, but a .095 is extraordinarily bad, like jim abbott at the plate bad. 

16 hours ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Any update on this kid?

Seems to have plateaued a bit but has hit in 9 of his 10 & 15 of last 17 w/ several multi-hit games mixed in.  The slump he went through for much of May & first week or so in June really dumped his season numbers.  He's off to a solid start here in July: 8 games, 32 AB, .344 BA/.475 OBP/.469 SLG/.944 OPS....his K:BB ratio is still stellar given his age & league he plays in.

So far in 2018, he's got 58 games played at 2B, 9 games at 3B and 17 games at SS so it could be SD is trying to make him into a super-utility guy or at least one who has a good bit of position flexibility --- could be that's what is holding up his call up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1