Gorgeous George

Jae Crowder 2016-2017 Season Outlook

Seems to be criminally underrated in most mocks I've seen.  Certainly great for roto.

I don't think Horford's arrival will negatively affect him as Brown's system relies on a distribution of shots.  I see him as a 4th - 5th round target in standard leagues.  Thoughts?

Where is he going in Mocks? I think 4th/5th is too high. He worries me a bit at that value and could be this year's Danny Green. There is going to be a big shake-up offensively in Boston and with the young wing talent Crowder will likely lose a few mins and touches. I'm not saying he is definitely a bust by any stretch and if I could get him in the late 6th of 7th round I'd jump all over that. But I would have a little caution over going after him too early

Only problem with taking him in the 4th/5th is that you're drafting near his ceiling IMO.  He was mid-3rd round value last year overall (9 cat) but mid-5th round value post-ASB.  In most mocks he's been going in the 6th/7th, but that's only because his ranking is terrible and only a few people think to draft him.  I don't think he'll be a big enough part of the offense to make a huge jump in his value.  He's shaping up to be the 4th option in their offense with the addition of Horford so I can't anticipate a spike in his scoring.  6th to 7th round seems safe and fair in 9 cat.  In 8 cat, I'd bump him down another round, 7th/8th rounder.

• Like 2

Sounds about right; I would love him in the 6th/7th round for my roto team, but I won't be reaching for him. He showed us last year that he can ball, but with the addition of Horford in Boston I'd rather draft him around his floor than his ceiling.

• Like 1

4th is a bit early for me, but if you like him, you like him. He definitely has the talent to put up really nice glue-guy stats but I don't really target those guys until later. I think he'll be closer to 4th round value than 8th, and I don't see him busting like Danny Green either. Why he reminds me of Danny is that he'll be expected to return his post-ASB numbers, but with the bar being set so high if he levels out then he'll be considered a bust this season.

At the 4/5th there will be more established veterans that I will be targeting before Crowder, but I wouldn't mind owning him on my squads

• Like 2

I love Jae but with glue guys I usually take whoever's available at that round. Players like Bazemore  seems like a better "deal" to me this year. I'd still pick Jae end of 4th and onward depending who is left on the board for my strat.

1 hour ago, jsquints said:

Interesting, I think Crowder ends up with even more minutes next season.

The Celtics are in win mode and all of Evan Turner's minutes at the 3 spot are not going to be absorbed by Jalen Brown. 

Horford will stabilize the front court rotations, but I dont expect him to be any kind of offensive usage monster. Horford took 12 shots a game last season...Sullinger took 10.

Crowder was the most consistent player game to game through 64 games (prior to injury) of anyone who returned top 24 value.

Boston absolutely loves this guy and look lost when he is not on the floor.

There is no indication his massive leap last year has peaked.

I am perfectly comfortable taking him in the 4th. 

But I wouldnt be surprised if I am in the minority and end up owning him in every league I play in.

Would you pay more than $25 for him? 

I think my limit is around $20.

Edit: 9-cat H2H

Edited by jay14bay

1 hour ago, tongs said:

4th is a bit early for me, but if you like him, you like him. He definitely has the talent to put up really nice glue-guy stats but I don't really target those guys until later. I think he'll be closer to 4th round value than 8th, and I don't see him busting like Danny Green either. Why he reminds me of Danny is that he'll be expected to return his post-ASB numbers, but with the bar being set so high if he levels out then he'll be considered a bust this season.

At the 4/5th there will be more established veterans that I will be targeting before Crowder, but I wouldn't mind owning him on my squads

This.

I do agree that I'm not worried about his minutes, anyone who watched a fair share of Celtics games last season noticed that he is arguably among the top SF's in the East (and among the upper middle tier in the league). And in fantasy he gives you almost ultimate glue guy stats; it's just that I'd rather target glue guys a little later than the 4th round. There is probably a better talent than Crowder still available then, but if he's there in the 6th I'm all in for Crowder as my main glue guy. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jay14bay said:

Would you pay more than $25 for him? 

I think my limit is around $20.

Edit: 9-cat H2H

He's more of a Roto guy. H2H im thinking he is less sexy. Roto I'd go to 25$ max, but after 20$ he would really need to compliment my team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blob2004 said:

Is he likely to also have SG eligibility on ESPN?

Why? Don't think they gave that to him last year, why would they give it to him on ESPN specifically?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dekciw_1 said:

Picked him 71st in roto points league, hope hes worth it. 

i dunno anything about points league but in a normal roto league he is a lock for top 50

• Like 3

just for comparison of similar players - Jae or Ariza?  It seems like Ariza will get you more 3's and steals, on slightly lower percentages.  Whats the upside with Crowder over Ariza or other wings in that range?  

As mentioned above Brad Stevens loves Crowder. He brings a lot of energy on the field, he is a good defender and a consistent scorer. The add of Horford will not affect him imho so besides of injuries he is up to a great season.

I like crowder a lot too, but he isn't as flashy as other players. I don't think adding horford will hurt his production much especially with turner gone. Though I don't think I would grab him in the 4th,would prefer him in the 5th round. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kingc150 said:

I like crowder a lot too, but he isn't as flashy as other players. I don't think adding horford will hurt his production much especially with turner gone. Though I don't think I would grab him in the 4th,would prefer him in the 5th round. 

I got him in the 8th round, i guess that's a steal? lol 

2 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

I got him in the 8th round, i guess that's a steal? lol 

In a 12 team? I'd call it a highway robbery. You should be in jail. 

Just now, kingc150 said:

In a 12 team? I'd call it a highway robbery. You should be in jail. 

10 team league lol

Horford add doesn't hurt him at all. Expect similar stats to last year, possibly a small uptick. I love guys like Crowder for roto especially.

• Like 2