Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jagsfan05

NFL Sunday Ticket stream quality this year?

I was thinking about getting it this year until I heard in years past it wasn't worth the $50 a month because the stream quality was awful each week. So just checking in to see how it was last week and this year so far?

I will never pay for this service again. The app is by far one of the worst apps I've ever used. It constantly fails to connect even though my internet connection is fine. Casting to my chromecast almost always fails. Using it in a browser works most of the time but if I want to switch to casting I get an error saying it's already playing on another device when it isn't. Overall everyone involved in the design and creation of this app needs to be fired. For something that costs as much as it does I expect it to work 99% of the time I go to use it, not 50/50. 

Although there were major issues with the service in previous years, it has been fantastic for me this season. I'm a Ravens fan living in New York, so I'm using Sunday Ticket pretty much every week. I stream from my iPad to TV using Chromecast. The stream quality is pretty much the same as regular HD channels, maybe a little worse but barely noticeable. Best of all, I haven't had any issues with skipping, freezing, or streams being down. This is the first year I can say that it's worth buy.

Just a heads up though, casting from your PC to TV almost never works for some reason but works fine doing it from tablet to TV. \