CrypTviLL

Serge Ibaka 2016-2017 Season Outlook

15 minutes ago, Snilbog said:

Finally dealt him.  Good luck to you all in this forum...CSB to me

who'd you get?

i just dont get it. it's a new environment, where he should have more freedom and opportunities, not being an afterthought as he was behind KD and Westbrook. Plus this is a contract year for him!!! he is throwing it all away with his below average play. He's just not being aggressive at all. Rebounds are all about effort. Blocks too. WTF? Does he realize the MILLIONS he will be losing if he keeps this up? This may be his last big payday opportunity...

He's never been able to create anything for himself of the dribble, gets minimal hustle baskets, rebounds, and steals, and has no go to post up move(s). The only thing KD and Russ were holding him back from was being exposed as one of the most overrated players in the league. I remember Donovan said he was a lot better of a playmaker than he had shown...not from what I have ever seen. All he can really do is shoot jumpers now.

39 minutes ago, magic32 said:

i just dont get it. it's a new environment, where he should have more freedom and opportunities, not being an afterthought as he was behind KD and Westbrook. Plus this is a contract year for him!!! he is throwing it all away with his below average play. He's just not being aggressive at all. Rebounds are all about effort. Blocks too. WTF? Does he realize the MILLIONS he will be losing if he keeps this up? This may be his last big payday opportunity...

Not everyone is built to play well as a primary option, or one of the primary options. His best situation was as an afterthought in the OKC offense. Open shots, layups, and focusing on defense. He's not good enough to put up elite stats without elite players setting him up. Orlando was hoping they'd get Ibaka from 3-4 years ago. Unfortunately, as he's attempted to expand his offensive game, it has come at the expense of his defense. 

Don't expect it to get better. It most likely won't. 

1 hour ago, magic32 said:

who'd you get?

I got lucky and found an owner who bit on his upside and sold low on Favors.

I did my Melo, Ibaka, and valancius for Dray Green and Derek Favors.  I lucked out and offfered it at the right time to the other owner.  

I've offered a lot of trades with him involved.  I feel like I sold high on a buy low...  

3 hours ago, Raiiny said:

Never trust preseason stats/hype again.

I should have learned last year with meyers leonard

7 hours ago, Raiiny said:

Never trust preseason stats/hype again.

Pre season hype worked for klay Thompson and Butler in 2014-2015 they both became first rounders that year. It Worked for McCollum last year. This year working for Embiid.

Lillard was also a monster in preseason during his rookie year and took the momentum into the regular season.

I'm more wary about drafting over hyped players early, who were only good for 2 months of the previous season. *cougholadipocough*

28 minutes ago, Gforce929 said:

I'm more wary about drafting over hyped players early, who were only good for 2 months of the previous season. *cougholadipocough*

Yeah, that's a jok..ic

Been trying to sell the past few days. Knew he would ball out in his revenge game now anything I send out is gonna be viewed as a sell high. =/

Revenge game. Looks good early on unlike Dipo. Crushing it

Swat city

Edited by VelvetMerkin

Fluke or does this get him going. That's the question now. He's always started slow, this could be the tipping point. New team and system after 6 years. Whole team was struggling so far, he's mentioned that it'll take him time to gel. This MIGHT be catalyst he needs.

Just now, FroButtons said:

Fluke or does this get him going. That's the question now. He's always started slow, this could be the tipping point. New team and system after 6 years. Whole team was struggling so far, he's mentioned that it'll take him time to gel. This MIGHT be catalyst he needs.

I'm inclined to agree that this just might be the catalyst. I like the fact that he is walking the walk after talking the talk the other day. See the last rotoworld blurb:

Serge Ibaka said he's still trying to find his rhythm in Orlando.
"I'm just going to ask the Magic fans to keep believing in me. I'm a lot better than what I showed the last couple of days," Ibaka said. "I'm just trying to find a rhythm on defense and offense with new teammates, a new coach. I'm just trying to find my position. I know it's tough for them. I'm going to try here to be the man." The big man has regressed in four straight seasons and his numbers are down across the board once again. He should be a little better moving forward, but owners should keep their expectations in check. Nov 13 - 12:40 PM

So...one of two things here;

1) Either, this game serves as a pick me up for Ibaka for the ROS or (what seems to be the case for several players),

2) This game illustrates that he still has it in him to, at the very least, dominate block shots, but his effort has been on the decline for whatever reason. And obviously he's energized, in a game against his previous team, a game in which players are always energized for. But once they get back to playing other games, Ibaka will go back to playing the way he has this entire season.

Hopefully for Ibaka owners this is #1, but unfortunately this seems more like #2. A great sell high game if there ever was one.

8 minutes ago, tremixt said:

So...one of two things here;

1) Either, this game serves as a pick me up for Ibaka for the ROS or (what seems to be the case for several players),

2) This game illustrates that he still has it in him to, at the very least, dominate block shots, but his effort has been on the decline for whatever reason. And obviously he's energized, in a game against his previous team, a game in which players are always energized for. But once they get back to playing other games, Ibaka will go back to playing the way he has this entire season.

Hopefully for Ibaka owners this is #1, but unfortunately this seems more like #2. A great sell high game if there ever was one.

Player goes off on team that gave up on him. Never seen that happen before...