s-kayos

Devin Booker 2016-2017 Season Outlook

579 posts in this topic

The young and talented shooter had a good rookie year, going on a great run in the second half. The next pre-season game will feature Booker starting alongside Bledsoe, Warren, Dudley, and Chandler with Knight coming off of the bench.

Time to get hype for Booker starting? Or is this just an experiment? Either way, I'm hopeful and excited to see how this 19-year old sophomore grows. Thoughts?

Edited by s-kayos

I'll take a wild guess:

20ppg 3rpg 3apg 1.0spg 0.3bpg 2.2 3pg 2.5 TO's

but really I got no clue how good he will be this year.

He obliterated summer league and was the go to scorer in a team scrimmage. Team USA Select. Forced Knight to the bench. Minutes opened up at SF. The list goes on and on and he looks set for a crazy season. I think he will be better with more legit scorers on the team.

The Suns defense looks as bad as last year but that won't affect fantasy that much.

Did fine in the starting lineup. Scored a team high 19 points and went 8-8 on free throws. Hopeful he can continue

On 3-10-2016 at 10:41 PM, rob0403 said:

I'll take a wild guess:

20ppg 3rpg 3apg 1.0spg 0.3bpg 2.2 3pg 2.5 TO's

but really I got no clue how good he will be this year.

He obliterated summer league and was the go to scorer in a team scrimmage. Team USA Select. Forced Knight to the bench. Minutes opened up at SF. The list goes on and on and he looks set for a crazy season. I think he will be better with more legit scorers on the team.

The Suns defense looks as bad as last year but that won't affect fantasy that much.

that kinda looks like bradly beal, no? but without the injury concerns

3 hours ago, ShaHerpes Lashiqua said:

that kinda looks like bradly beal, no? but without the injury concerns

You are correct sir, and likely cheaper. 

4 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

You are correct sir, and likely cheaper. 

A bit cheaper.  He'll probably keep climbing up at this point because he was confirmed as a starter.

Just now, MJDrocks said:

A bit cheaper.  He'll probably keep climbing up at this point because he was confirmed as a starter.

Yea it's likely more close than I think, I personally just have Beal on my DND list. He breaks something getting out of bed once a year. 

Just now, mmcc1029 said:

Yea it's likely more close than I think, I personally just have Beal on my DND list. He breaks something getting out of bed once a year. 

I'm with you on that.  I'll save the long speel since this isn't a Beal thread but I would rather have Booker over Beal.

I'd rather have Booker over Beal too if it ever came to that. I've lost too much trust in Beal.

I think one of the great things about Booker is that he might be a high end FT anchor. He had a good number of Free Throws in the towards the end of last year and some games this year too.

1 person likes this

I think he'll be a solid points / 3's / %'s guy (could have lower FG since it's his second year), the rebounds/assists/steal numbers wont jump off the page. He'll be a lesser version of Klay in his 2nd year. 

Only need 1 three-pointer and 3 free throws for those 34 points. Shot 15/23 from the field. Also threw in 3 steals for good measure, I'm digging that stat line.

7 hours ago, mmcc1029 said:

What round can we not let him slip past through? willing to reach. 

top 60-70... for now. Each crazy line is gonna bump him up even more.

He's currently going in Round 5-6. I can see people reaching as early as Round 4 come draft day.

You're in for a big disappointment if you draft Booker in the 5-6th rounds. He won't do anything but put up some pts and 3s at a bad %. He averaged 0.6 Steals... as a SG. Even if he starts, Bledsoe/Knight will soak up a lot of usage. 

Booker didn't even finish inside the top-100 when Knight and Bledsoe went down if you aren't convinced..

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, zocalo08 said:

You're in for a big disappointment if you draft Booker in the 5-6th rounds. He won't do anything but put up some pts and 3s at a bad %. He averaged 0.6 Steals... as a SG. Even if he starts, Bledsoe/Knight will soak up a lot of usage. 

Booker didn't even finish inside the top-100 when Knight and Bledsoe went down if you aren't convinced..

shhhhh... let them have their moment.

1 hour ago, zocalo08 said:

Are you assuming he won't improve?  He was a 19 year old rookie, he should be vastly improved in year 2.

1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Are you assuming he won't improve?  He was a 19 year old rookie, he should be vastly improved in year 2.

What?!??! ....... I'm saying he's not going to put up that kind of value if you reach for him in the middle rounds. He has too much talent not to improve, but his game at this current stage isn't fantasy friendly. Keep your expectations in check rookie.