s-kayos

Devin Booker 2016-2017 Season Outlook

Gonna have to drop him. Not too much of a worry given his 3 shooting didn't improve much. As it is, he's pretty much a points only guy and I'm not even trying to compete in that cat for the remainder of the playoffs. 

45 minutes ago, Asapjoshy said:

4 games next week .. what's the verdict do we think he plays in all 4 or is he a  drop ?

Considering how quickly the Suns shutdown Bledsoe, I'd wager Booker doesn't see very many minutes this week. 

53 minutes ago, HarmStrong said:

Considering how quickly the Suns shutdown Bledsoe, I'd wager Booker doesn't see very many minutes this week. 

Bledsoe had had multiple surgeries and was sore though .. booker is just sore but still young with no injuries yet? Different situation imo

2 hours ago, Asapjoshy said:

Bledsoe had had multiple surgeries and was sore though .. booker is just sore but still young with no injuries yet? Different situation imo

i don't disagree with this, but the risk still far outweighs the reward. 

if you really need points then roll the dice. otherwise, he's not worth it. even his turnover to assist ratio stinks.

• Like 1

As long as Booker is just sore he should play. He can rest all season. If the Suns want to tank they can find many ways to do so with or without Booker.

I honestly think that Booker is healthy enough to play but you guys are right about the tank job.  The Suns don't play tonight so we probably won't be told anything before lineups lock for us weekly folks.

Extremely risky play as of right now because of that.

1 hour ago, Tom Chambers said:

I honestly think that Booker is healthy enough to play but you guys are right about the tank job.  The Suns don't play tonight so we probably won't be told anything before lineups lock for us weekly folks.

Extremely risky play as of right now because of that.

They are tanking, but they are also trying to develop their young guys. Booker is one of the young guys. So if healthy, he will play and the Suns will lose to Miami anyway. But if there is a lingering issue they will be cautious and sit him. It's definitely a tricky situation for those with lineup locks on Monday evening. 

Updates saying they'll give an official update tomorrow around shootaround which is absolutely 0 help..... tough choice in the semis to ride with him or cut ties and just grab somebody like Denzel valentine who plays Tuesday / Wednesday then stream the spot and hope he doesn't come back this week... he's been a stud lately though for points 

Is he still considered a keeper? He hasn't done much outside of scoring and next year they may bring in another pg ball handler. 

His value is starting to look similar to old Wiggins, maybe good real life potential but not fantasy potential.

1 hour ago, rob0403 said:

Is he still considered a keeper? He hasn't done much outside of scoring and next year they may bring in another pg ball handler. 

His value is starting to look similar to old Wiggins, maybe good real life potential but not fantasy potential.

Lol is this a joke. What other 20 years average 21 points per in a season??

Edited by chud12

42 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Lol is this a joke. What other 20 years average 21 points per in a season??

It is not that crazy depending on what price you have to keep him at. Right now he doesn't have a lot of stocks. I think next month or so, if he plays, will be interesting to see if he can increase his assists maybe.

40 minutes ago, omgwtfmate said:

It is not that crazy depending on what price you have to keep him at. Right now he doesn't have a lot of stocks. I think next month or so, if he plays, will be interesting to see if he can increase his assists maybe.

He is freakin 20 years old lol, of-course he is going to have weaknesses in his game. Not everyone is Lebron James..

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

Booker Is a beast ... only concern here is if he's playing this week or not . Anybody neglecting or questioning his game doesn't watch the NBA 

Thought we were talking about World Cup soccer? 

Apparently 84% ft, 1.8 threes , 21 points, 3 rebounds and assists with almost a 1 steal a game isn't good ??? 

14 minutes ago, Asapjoshy said:

Apparently 84% ft, 1.8 threes , 21 points, 3 rebounds and assists with almost a 1 steal a game isn't good ??? 

And again he's 20 years old. 

Let's just frame it this way. What do people expect his rank to be or what round he should be drafted in next year? Also, what is his ceiling when he starts to reach his prime?

11 minutes ago, omgwtfmate said:

Let's just frame it this way. What do people expect his rank to be or what round he should be drafted in next year? Also, what is his ceiling when he starts to reach his prime?

He won't reach his prime for another 5-6 years so that is so tough to answer.  Dev is already  great scorer so in 3 years is it out of the question he could average 25/5/5??  I don't think so. Sky is the limit. If you own him in dynasty leagues you never let him go. 

• Like 1

Literally only trouble I'm having is cutting him because it's semis and games matter big time , his status is up in the air with lingering / nagging injuries ... but he seems like a tough dude I'm thinking he plays this week ...

in dynasty you'd be a fool to drop him or get rid of him guys 20 years old averaging 20+ points a game ... dudes a beast I agree he could definitely reach 25 a game in his prime easily he's a natural scorer with multiple game winners already .. guy has what it takes to be in the league for a long time 

I traded for him like a month ago in a keeper league and my main reason for wanting him is because he's pretty much the man in Phoenix already...and he's ONLY 20 

10 hours ago, chud12 said:

He is freakin 20 years old lol, of-course he is going to have weaknesses in his game. Not everyone is Lebron James..

I was comparing him to Wiggins who is in the same age range and similar role as a scorer. There is always a chance either of these players will develop into a fantasy star but there are also reservations about what fantasy stats they would get later on.

I think Booker's keeper fantasy potential is more efficiency and 3 pters. Just don't see upside outside those two categories.

8 hours ago, Asapjoshy said:

Did I say he wasn't good?

The dude was saying AS A FANTASY PLAYER, his value might not ever live up to his name.  I have him on my team.  I like him.  I also got him in the 15th this year as a keeper, so his 90 ranking (total, not average) in my league settings doesn't bother me.  But it might bother others, because I'd be willing to bet a lot of people drafted him too high.  But I play FTM, where his Z score in that cat is like 1.81 or something.  If you play in a standard 9 cat, his total rank for the season is 116 because his z score for FT% is only 0.72.  (8 cat with FT% total ranking is 66, btw)

So what exactly are you arguing? 

Edited by Tom Chambers

1 hour ago, rob0403 said:

I was comparing him to Wiggins who is in the same age range and similar role as a scorer. There is always a chance either of these players will develop into a fantasy star but there are also reservations about what fantasy stats they would get later on.

I think Booker's keeper fantasy potential is more efficiency and 3 pters. Just don't see upside outside those two categories.

I just don't understand how you can guage a players potential at 20 years old. Booker is 5-7 years away from his prime years so I just have to disagree.