Sign in to follow this  
monkeysennin

Brandon Jennings 2016-2017 Season Outlook

Rose will not be able to return to the team until his trial is finished. I was already viewing him as a late round flier due to Rose's injury history. But, does he come off the board earlier now? Where are you guys targeting Jennings and what is a realistic statistical output for him this upcoming season? He was underutilized in both Detroit and Orlando, but can now make a case for 6th man with NY.

Jennings was putting up some great numbers in Detroit in 2014-15 (just look up his split stats for November and January that season) before he tore his achilles, but I don't think that's what the Knicks will ask him to do this season even if Rose is out. Stan Van Gundy runs a very similar offense to Mike D'Anotni, which boosts PG's usage and inflates his stats. Jennings is not going to get that type of touches in NY even if he starts. Unless Hornacek completely abandons the triangle and focuses on the pick & roll offense, Jennings won't put up enough assists to offset his low FG%. He might get more open looks as defense keys on Melo and Porzingis while Noah can help distribute the ball though. 

I think he's still in the same tier as guys like Ty Lawson and Ish Smith right now - cheap rental PGs who will probably end up hurt ingyou as much as helping you. We are probably looking at 11 points and 4 assists with the occasional scoring outburst when Rose is out. 

It wouldn't be Brandon Jennings without at least one of these games. 0-6 from the field, 0-4 from three. Still the same old guy. He'll have some good nights and then he'll have more than a few nights like this.

On 10/20/2016 at 10:40 AM, RedRaider27 said:

It's ESPN, nothing new.

This is probably for deep leagues, but I can see Jennings getting 13 PPG, 5 AST, 1.3 3PM, and 1 STL, with terrible % a game this season.  He is the Knicks 6th man, and we all know Rose is not going to last the season.  He is good for a end of bench PG this season, and good punt FG%, TO late PG. 

i disagree with above. he'll get his chance to start. he's going to be 6th man. he works well with porzingod. he'll get his touches. he's gonna have a good year. look how motivated he looks game to game to play in MSG

13 minutes ago, paintballing112 said:

i disagree with above. he'll get his chance to start. he's going to be 6th man. he works well with porzingod. he'll get his touches. he's gonna have a good year. look how motivated he looks game to game to play in MSG

Just wondering, you disagree with my comment or the overall posts in this thread of Jennings not being fantasy relevant?  If the last parts of your post are serious and not sarcastic, I agree with you that playing in MSG has given Jennings a new motivation to play well.

That's the Jennings I know. Off to an 0-3 shooting start but at least he's made all 4 free throws.

• Like 1

Got the start tonight with Lee out. ON FIRE tonight. That'd be something if he kept the job, but really doesn't make sense for the roster.

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
Derrick Rose attended the Knicks morning shootaround in Westchester, according to a source close to Rose.

From 2 hours ago

27 minutes ago, mdpharm23 said:

Nothing to see here, guys. Rose had an emergency family issue in Chicago and will report back to practice tomorrow. 

source?

Trying to decide if I should make the add.  What are the chances Rose is done?  Rose might get suspended for a game from the team but maybe he's back after that?

I don't have a lot of options to drop as I'm pretty happy with my team but if Jennings ends up a starter ROS he's worth an add.  Will have to try to figure something out.  Would the Knicks trade Rose? Buyout and he's done?  What is going on!

2 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Trying to decide if I should make the add.  What are the chances Rose is done?  Rose might get suspended for a game from the team but maybe he's back after that?

I don't have a lot of options to drop as I'm pretty happy with my team but if Jennings ends up a starter ROS he's worth an add.  Will have to try to figure something out.  Would the Knicks trade Rose? Buyout and he's done?  What is going on!

He is, but it also depends who you're dropping, and the league you're in ;)