det_tigers

Marvin Williams 2016-2017 Season Outlook

I  thought about it tonight at 0/10 but as long as he gets the minutes I'm holding. I gave him three weeks to show that he can be a good part of the team. One is over now.

Too good to drop. His non-shooting hand is obviously still bothering him. I wonder if they'll give him a week off to properly heal. The injuries are coming fast and hard this season lol.

5 minutes ago, iammau said:

How do you guys think about him ROS?

The opportunity is still there. He plays 30 min per and is shooting a ton of 3's each game, just can not hit anything. I am giving him another week to turn it around and than I am out.. I drafted him for efficiency and he is failing miserably at that..Part of what made his year so good last year was his efficiency, a massive fail this far..

Ok, I really wanted to grant hin three weeks to prove himself but traded him now for Ryan Anderson (who is also a scrub atm). So I' out guys.

Edited by dorwell

Not sure what you expected from Marv. He has a bung hand and is providing the 3s and some of the blks we drafted him for. 

Marvin Williams (illness) will start Monday vs. the Pacers.

8 minutes ago, scardz said:

What happened to his shooting? Killing my FG%.

Yeah I drafted this guy thinking I was going to get someone who could put up +40%.  Every week he has a game where he shoots 1/9 or some BS.

gave him enough time, the 3s are nice but you can find someone on the wire with a halfway decent fg% and similar 3s.  

also not even giving you a steal or block per game 

Edited by Aunt Jemima

This is just BRUTAL!!!!!! He starts off every other game 1-6 , 1-7.. BRUTAL!!!   It feels like his goal is to just jack up as many shots as he can in the first quarter.. thats it..good shots/ bad shots;.;.  doesn't matter just get up 7 of them in the first quarter.. he is a career 44%FG so the law of averages should play out.. but is just PAINFUL!!!!!

1 minute ago, cosmic.kamote said:

I just swapped him for Kidd-Gilchrist. My psychiatrist told me that cured my anger problem.

Thats a hell of a first post!!!

10 minutes ago, MNDOGG said:

Thats a hell of a first post!!!

Thanks. Marvin the Martian converted me from a lurker to a first time poster. Rotoworld and Josh Lloyd's advice is to hang onto him because of his upside. I got Marv in 5 of my leagues and I have enough of him. So frustrating.

19 minutes ago, cosmic.kamote said:

Thanks. Marvin the Martian converted me from a lurker to a first time poster. Rotoworld and Josh Lloyd's advice is to hang onto him because of his upside. I got Marv in 5 of my leagues and I have enough of him. So frustrating.

Hes a career 44% shooter.. it will happen...

So what's the best play for him right now? Bench until he gets going? Itd be really hard to get a solid player in return for him right now.. He's honestly just damaging my fg% every game he plays.