Fuzzy_Slippers

Trea Turner 2017 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Turner owner, huge supporter/believer, but take those counting stats with a grain of salt, I believe he scored 10 runs and had 11 rbis in the Coors series

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Turner owner, huge supporter/believer, but take those counting stats with a grain of salt, I believe he scored 10 runs and had 11 rbis in the Coors series

 

fair point but i would have to believe most players have a huge series that skew their numbers in the first two months of the season

lets just say that the coors series makes up/cancels his low avg/obp

 

b ham has never had lower than a 274 obp in his career

before yesterdays game, trea had a 270 obp this year and still put up those numbers

i refuse to believe trea is anything like b ham at the plate 

 

 

Edited by colepenhagen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

counting stats are counting stats, doesn't matter how/when they happen. All the matters is the final line at the end of the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wed, May 31

"Trea Turner finished with three singles and a run scored in five at-bats on Tuesday in San Francisco.

Advice: The former North Carolina State standout struggled in the month of May, as his average sunk from .317 to .241. However, he has posted three multi-hit games over his past five outings to show some signs of life at the dish. He isn't your prototypical leadoff hitter, collecting just three walks across 107 at-bats in May, but he is a useful NL-only fantasy option for his occasional power and speed."

(Rotoworld.com)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DannyMcPot said:

Wed, May 31

"Trea Turner finished with three singles and a run scored in five at-bats on Tuesday in San Francisco.

Advice: The former North Carolina State standout struggled in the month of May, as his average sunk from .317 to .241. However, he has posted three multi-hit games over his past five outings to show some signs of life at the dish. He isn't your prototypical leadoff hitter, collecting just three walks across 107 at-bats in May, but he is a useful NL-only fantasy option for his occasional power and speed."

(Rotoworld.com)

 

I don't own him but wtf are the talking about? They get paid for this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TTRA1N said:

I don't own him but wtf are the talking about? They get paid for this?

Lol, yeah I noticed the wording last night, though that was kind of brutal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I was literally about to post this same blurb from the rotoworld front page.   Were they on something when they wrote that up?? What the heck?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DannyMcPot said:

Wed, May 31

"Trea Turner finished with three singles and a run scored in five at-bats on Tuesday in San Francisco.

Advice: The former North Carolina State standout struggled in the month of May, as his average sunk from .317 to .241. However, he has posted three multi-hit games over his past five outings to show some signs of life at the dish. He isn't your prototypical leadoff hitter, collecting just three walks across 107 at-bats in May, but he is a useful NL-only fantasy option for his occasional power and speed."

(Rotoworld.com)

 

 

I find Manny Machado barely roster able in AL-only and 20 team mixed formats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cozart has been better than Turner in almost all facets. It's amazing I can have a roster of guys like Goldy/Sano/Conforto and get crushed in OBP because of my 2nd round pick

Edited by Joesh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Joesh said:

Cozart has been better than Turner in almost all facets. It's amazing I can have a roster of guys like Goldy/Sano/Conforto and get crushed in OBP because of my 2nd round pick

 

You realize free agency pick ups outplay drafted players all the time right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, street sharks said:

 

You realize free agency pick ups outplay drafted players all the time right?

 

How many players with an avg 2nd round value have had an OBP south of 0.300? Ever?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Joesh said:

 

How many players with an avg 2nd round value have had an OBP south of 0.300? Ever?

Chris Davis 2014. Machado this year. There are a few. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2017 at 9:34 AM, DannyMcPot said:

Wed, May 31

"Trea Turner finished with three singles and a run scored in five at-bats on Tuesday in San Francisco.

Advice: The former North Carolina State standout struggled in the month of May, as his average sunk from .317 to .241. However, he has posted three multi-hit games over his past five outings to show some signs of life at the dish. He isn't your prototypical leadoff hitter, collecting just three walks across 107 at-bats in May, but he is a useful NL-only fantasy option for his occasional power and speed."

(Rotoworld.com)

 

You are kidding me....wow.

 

Trea seems to be back now. Wish he'd walk more, but the hits are coming now and the steals are following. Keep it up, most of us are relying on your as our main/only steals source right now!

Edited by swfcdan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, he's scorching hot lately.

 

I'd like to see more walks, too, but I think the lack of them is more due to circumstances than a lack of approach. Fangraphs has him seeing a well above-average number of pitches in the zone and decently below-average O-swing% and SwStrk%. I'd assume this means pitchers are making a very conscious effort to attack him rather than give him a free pass in front of the heart of that best-in-the-NL lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before the end of the first inning and I am satisfied with his stat line. 

 

This man is MONEY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I remember correctly, Turner walked at a good rate in the minors, but had success  with a more aggressive approach in the bigs last season. I thought the power would drop a bit ,but the walks would come. Hopefully, he is finally making the adjustment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Piotr said:

If I remember correctly, Turner walked at a good rate in the minors, but had success  with a more aggressive approach in the bigs last season. I thought the power would drop a bit ,but the walks would come. Hopefully, he is finally making the adjustment. 

 

 

Of course he does. Any hitter worth his salt will prove he can HIT the ball while learning the zone, pitchers and umps.  Then the walks finally start coming.  This timing is different for all p layerts.  The list goes on and on and on in the modern era in particular of guys who just can cover the plate well already and are seeing the ball well after getting the MLB call.  Guys like Machado, A. Jones, Konerko, Tejada, Ichiro, Altuve Trumbo Arenado (early on) . . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, STLSU said:

 

 

Of course he does. Any hitter worth his salt will prove he can HIT the ball while learning the zone, pitchers and umps.  Then the walks finally start coming.  This timing is different for all p layerts.  The list goes on and on and on in the modern era in particular of guys who just can cover the plate well already and are seeing the ball well after getting the MLB call.  Guys like Machado, A. Jones, Konerko, Tejada, Ichiro, Altuve Trumbo Arenado (early on) . . . 

 

Surely you don't mean Adam Jones?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2017 at 10:48 PM, dannyusf said:

Before the end of the first inning and I am satisfied with his stat line. 

 

This man is MONEY

 

this is his new thing to do apparently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.