Fuzzy_Slippers

Trea Turner 2017 Outlook

Turner owner, huge supporter/believer, but take those counting stats with a grain of salt, I believe he scored 10 runs and had 11 rbis in the Coors series

22 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Turner owner, huge supporter/believer, but take those counting stats with a grain of salt, I believe he scored 10 runs and had 11 rbis in the Coors series

fair point but i would have to believe most players have a huge series that skew their numbers in the first two months of the season

lets just say that the coors series makes up/cancels his low avg/obp

b ham has never had lower than a 274 obp in his career

before yesterdays game, trea had a 270 obp this year and still put up those numbers

i refuse to believe trea is anything like b ham at the plate 

Edited by colepenhagen

counting stats are counting stats, doesn't matter how/when they happen. All the matters is the final line at the end of the season

Wed, May 31

"Trea Turner finished with three singles and a run scored in five at-bats on Tuesday in San Francisco.

Advice: The former North Carolina State standout struggled in the month of May, as his average sunk from .317 to .241. However, he has posted three multi-hit games over his past five outings to show some signs of life at the dish. He isn't your prototypical leadoff hitter, collecting just three walks across 107 at-bats in May, but he is a useful NL-only fantasy option for his occasional power and speed."

(Rotoworld.com)

1 hour ago, DannyMcPot said:

Wed, May 31

"Trea Turner finished with three singles and a run scored in five at-bats on Tuesday in San Francisco.

Advice: The former North Carolina State standout struggled in the month of May, as his average sunk from .317 to .241. However, he has posted three multi-hit games over his past five outings to show some signs of life at the dish. He isn't your prototypical leadoff hitter, collecting just three walks across 107 at-bats in May, but he is a useful NL-only fantasy option for his occasional power and speed."

(Rotoworld.com)

I don't own him but wtf are the talking about? They get paid for this?

1 hour ago, TTRA1N said:

I don't own him but wtf are the talking about? They get paid for this?

Lol, yeah I noticed the wording last night, though that was kind of brutal.

I was literally about to post this same blurb from the rotoworld front page.   Were they on something when they wrote that up?? What the heck?

5 hours ago, DannyMcPot said:

Wed, May 31

(Rotoworld.com)

I find Manny Machado barely roster able in AL-only and 20 team mixed formats.

Cozart has been better than Turner in almost all facets. It's amazing I can have a roster of guys like Goldy/Sano/Conforto and get crushed in OBP because of my 2nd round pick

Edited by Joesh

5 minutes ago, Joesh said:

Cozart has been better than Turner in almost all facets. It's amazing I can have a roster of guys like Goldy/Sano/Conforto and get crushed in OBP because of my 2nd round pick

You realize free agency pick ups outplay drafted players all the time right?

2 hours ago, street sharks said:

You realize free agency pick ups outplay drafted players all the time right?

How many players with an avg 2nd round value have had an OBP south of 0.300? Ever?

12 minutes ago, Joesh said:

How many players with an avg 2nd round value have had an OBP south of 0.300? Ever?

Chris Davis 2014. Machado this year. There are a few. 

On 5/31/2017 at 9:34 AM, DannyMcPot said:

Wed, May 31

(Rotoworld.com)

You are kidding me....wow.

Trea seems to be back now. Wish he'd walk more, but the hits are coming now and the steals are following. Keep it up, most of us are relying on your as our main/only steals source right now!

Edited by swfcdan

Yeah, he's scorching hot lately.

I'd like to see more walks, too, but I think the lack of them is more due to circumstances than a lack of approach. Fangraphs has him seeing a well above-average number of pitches in the zone and decently below-average O-swing% and SwStrk%. I'd assume this means pitchers are making a very conscious effort to attack him rather than give him a free pass in front of the heart of that best-in-the-NL lineup.

Before the end of the first inning and I am satisfied with his stat line. 

This man is MONEY

If I remember correctly, Turner walked at a good rate in the minors, but had success  with a more aggressive approach in the bigs last season. I thought the power would drop a bit ,but the walks would come. Hopefully, he is finally making the adjustment. 

22 hours ago, Piotr said:

If I remember correctly, Turner walked at a good rate in the minors, but had success  with a more aggressive approach in the bigs last season. I thought the power would drop a bit ,but the walks would come. Hopefully, he is finally making the adjustment. 

Of course he does. Any hitter worth his salt will prove he can HIT the ball while learning the zone, pitchers and umps.  Then the walks finally start coming.  This timing is different for all p layerts.  The list goes on and on and on in the modern era in particular of guys who just can cover the plate well already and are seeing the ball well after getting the MLB call.  Guys like Machado, A. Jones, Konerko, Tejada, Ichiro, Altuve Trumbo Arenado (early on) . . . 

22 minutes ago, STLSU said:

Of course he does. Any hitter worth his salt will prove he can HIT the ball while learning the zone, pitchers and umps.  Then the walks finally start coming.  This timing is different for all p layerts.  The list goes on and on and on in the modern era in particular of guys who just can cover the plate well already and are seeing the ball well after getting the MLB call.  Guys like Machado, A. Jones, Konerko, Tejada, Ichiro, Altuve Trumbo Arenado (early on) . . . 

Surely you don't mean Adam Jones?

On 6/6/2017 at 10:48 PM, dannyusf said:

Before the end of the first inning and I am satisfied with his stat line. 

This man is MONEY

this is his new thing to do apparently