MONEY BALL

Tim Hardaway Jr. 2016-2017 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

30+ minutes, 16 FGA and confirmed to be starting for the next 2 weeks. Anything to look at here? Is this the year he breaks out or will he just be a inconsistent scorer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2016 at 2:57 PM, monkeysennin said:

30+ minutes, 16 FGA and confirmed to be starting for the next 2 weeks. Anything to look at here? Is this the year he breaks out or will he just be a inconsistent scorer?

lots of competition at the 2/3 in atl. don't think he has the leash to carve out a consistent role

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughts and predictions on thj ros since korvers shipped to cavs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would but looking at his 36+ games all he does is just score with about 45% fg and 1.5 3s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone mentioned, "Run don't Walk". Ran so dam hard mistakenly pickup Frye as they both top trending FAs. Then had to drop Frye to pickup Hardaway. So had to waste two of my 4 weekly move on this fool. Can't pickup anyone for the rest of the week. 😣 This better work. And to some above. He's a must add in 14+. Add now drop later. Where are all of Korver's minutes going to? Who the 1st wing off the bench? What happens if they follow through and trade Thabo as well?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was already averaging 21 minutes a game. Even with Korver gone he'll still be behind Thabo (better defender) and Bazemore (better player). Even if Hawks trades one of them, this is Schroder and Dwight's team in terms of usage. I don't think he'll be more than a 3pt/pts guy. If you want somebody like that, why not just pick up Wayne Ellington?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is Ellington's role when Waiters play 25-30 minutes again? Then they play Dragic and Johnson together alot. Not sure I would pick his outlook over Tim's.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gregoden said:

Run don't walk

Kinda funny how it's "Greg Oden" saying run don't walk.................... lol I know bad joke :mellow:

 

 

 

but yes, THJ is worth a pickup to see what he can do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's terrible for fantasy, he's good only for 3s and TO, and a bit of pts. His reb/ast/stl are ridiculously low even for a guard, it was like that even when he was playing 25mpg in NY. Forget about 45% shooting, we'll be lucky if he stays around 43%. I'd be really, really surprised if he can enter the top 150 this season.

 

(Before someone says I'm just salty for missing out on him, he's still available in my 14team league)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

What is Ellington's role when Waiters play 25-30 minutes again? Then they play Dragic and Johnson together alot. Not sure I would pick his outlook over Tim's.

I could not agree more. Especially considering Ellington was averaging 7 3-point shots a game. But now that those guys are gonna play, that number and his minutes will both decline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, goldbaby11 said:

I could not agree more. Especially considering Ellington was averaging 7 3-point shots a game. But now that those guys are gonna play, that number and his minutes will both decline. 

 

I genuinely believe the Heat are tanking the season for a pick, so dont be shocked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, battaginlemon said:

He's terrible for fantasy, he's good only for 3s and TO, and a bit of pts. His reb/ast/stl are ridiculously low even for a guard, it was like that even when he was playing 25mpg in NY. Forget about 45% shooting, we'll be lucky if he stays around 43%. I'd be really, really surprised if he can enter the top 150 this season.

 

(Before someone says I'm just salty for missing out on him, he's still available in my 14team league)

 

Mine too but was grabbed in my 12 team points league 

Edited by BBOY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, battaginlemon said:

He's terrible for fantasy, he's good only for 3s and TO, and a bit of pts. His reb/ast/stl are ridiculously low even for a guard, it was like that even when he was playing 25mpg in NY. Forget about 45% shooting, we'll be lucky if he stays around 43%. I'd be really, really surprised if he can enter the top 150 this season.

 

(Before someone says I'm just salty for missing out on him, he's still available in my 14team league)

Just was m8, just was.:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's the type of 'grab him first and see what happens' player. The minutes and opportunities are there, just keep your expectation in check because history has shown that he's really inconsistent. I would like to take a flyer on him, but I decided to save my #3 waiver and wait for a more reliable player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PuzzBeterson said:

Hawks trying to trade him for two 2nds. Safe to say hes not in their plans.

Source? I thought Sefalosa was whom they were thinking trading, not Hardaway.  Maybe I misunderstood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.