Sign in to follow this  
WahooManiac

Constant "you're banned" issues

So just about every time I sign on using my phone, I make it through a few posts and suddenly a message pops up saying I'm banned, acknowledge a warning point. Problem is, I already acknowledged it months ago and it seems to be in a weird loop. I have to empty my history and restart my phone to sign back in, only to make it five posts or so in and have it do it again. 

I know these things are for life, but seriously can we get a point removed here? I get the idea of them, but this is getting to be a bit much

• Like 1

Have you tried to sign out and then sign back in?  That's an issue so if it persists, please let us know and you can either work through the service link or maybe we can bubble it up.

It hasn't done it to me much since I made this post (of course lol). If it happens again I'll let you know. For awhile there it was terrible

On November 7, 2016 at 11:02 PM, WahooManiac said:

It hasn't done it to me much since I made this post (of course lol). If it happens again I'll let you know. For awhile there it was terrible

I'm having the same issues.
Only in one part of the U.S. though. (I travel often)

13 hours ago, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

I'm having the same issues.
Only in one part of the U.S. though. (I travel often)

I also have no warning points or anything...

On 11/5/2016 at 9:51 AM, Patrick Bateman said:

Have you tried to sign out and then sign back in?  That's an issue so if it persists, please let us know and you can either work through the service link or maybe we can bubble it up.

Ok so it came back again, been about a week since I could sign in

So pretty much I can only sign in from phone if I'm on Wi-Fi. Otherwise I get told I'm banned again. No one seems to respond to the "contact us" tab, so I'll try here again. Is this something that can be fixed? I have zero issues with other websites

• Like 1

So I was with a buddy yesterday, turns out he doesn't come here anymore because of the same sign in issues I had/have from above. I wonder how many posters we've lost because of it?

@Patrick Bateman @96mnc

13 hours ago, WahooManiac said:

So I was with a buddy yesterday, turns out he doesn't come here anymore because of the same sign in issues I had/have from above. I wonder how many posters we've lost because of it?

@Patrick Bateman @96mnc

This is confounding as we've only seen this type of feedback from you and @CL3VELANDBR0WNS so it's difficult to know if this is isolated to a few of you or prevalent.  None of the Mods have had this specific issue.  Also, I apologize you were ignored by the Help/Contact link.  This has been reported.  In the meantime, I'll try and bubble this up to the IPS team to see if they've encountered this issue but can't make any promises.  I may try some thing with your profile around your warning points, so please don't be alarmed but do give feedback if there is any change, good or bad.  Thanks.

Have you deleted your cookies before?

@Patrick Bateman thanks for looking into this...ok so sometimes I get the "banned" message referencing my warning points. I'll usually delete history/cookies and reset my phone and SOMETIMES that works. Other times, I get a generic "oops, something went wrong" message replacing the "banned" message. This one gives some weird error code. 

So I'm not sure if this has anything to do with warning points, if I'm signed in that's the message, but if I'm not it's the other. My buddy has no warning points I'd imagine, he reads more than he posts. So I guess I have no clue as to the cause. 

I'm pretty dedicated to this place lol, so I'll keep doing what I have to to get back in here. Sometimes I'm out for days, until all of a sudden it let's me back in. 

@Patrick Bateman I have not deleted my cookies recently. It is no issue at my current location but when I get back to my hometown, I am unable to access the forums. I'll give it a shot though when I go back though.

On 1/23/2017 at 10:13 PM, WahooManiac said:

@Patrick Bateman thanks for looking into this...ok so sometimes I get the "banned" message referencing my warning points. I'll usually delete history/cookies and reset my phone and SOMETIMES that works. Other times, I get a generic "oops, something went wrong" message replacing the "banned" message. This one gives some weird error code. 

So I'm not sure if this has anything to do with warning points, if I'm signed in that's the message, but if I'm not it's the other. My buddy has no warning points I'd imagine, he reads more than he posts. So I guess I have no clue as to the cause. 

I'm pretty dedicated to this place lol, so I'll keep doing what I have to to get back in here. Sometimes I'm out for days, until all of a sudden it let's me back in. 

Okay the tech team did investigate but couldn't really find anything specific.  They've requested you take a screen shot next time you get the error message and post it here so we can forward up to them to try and isolate the issue.  Thanks.

On 1/23/2017 at 11:25 PM, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

@Patrick Bateman I have not deleted my cookies recently. It is no issue at my current location but when I get back to my hometown, I am unable to access the forums. I'll give it a shot though when I go back though.

Did not work.

I have the same issue from time to time, so contacted Support last April, and they said after like 6 month it is resolved.

But it isn't.

Anyway I figured it out what causes my problem, and it might help.

It looks like the whole 188.143.x.x IP range is blocked by this site.

This means that the first two numbers of your IP address must be the same. That is the range.

You can check your IP address online:

Whats my IP

So far my Router was assigned 25 times in that range by the ISP's DHCP Server, and every single time I was BANNED here.

And every other IP address in every other IP range I had, worked for me.

It is likely that there are other IP address ranges are blocked here too, and your ISP (Internet Service Provider) surely uses different IP ranges, than mine.

You have to find that out what works.

The solution if you don't have a Static IP address:

Turn off the Router provided by your ISP for 15-20 sec. I turn it off for a minute or two, just to make sure.

The Reset procedure might work as well, but if the down time isn't long enough, the DHCP server might not realize it was disconnected, but it must.

DHCP works in a way, that if you are not connected to the DHCP Server (your Router is turned off), you have no IP address. You get that once connect it to the outside world via the cable and turn it on. The new connection forces the ISP's DHCP Server to assign an IP address to your ISP Router. It is highly likely that you get a different one every single time.

If the new IP address is in the same IP range as the previous one, and you are still Banned here, try again.

If you have a Static IP address, than I can't help.

Good luck

Edited by JCD
  • Like 1

this has happened to me and a couple of other friends as well...for me, it happens when i travel to vegas specifically.

the issue is that this site has a huge ban list. but what they don't realize is that when they ban IPs, they are not only banning that user, but also anyone who shares that IP...anyone who knows about IPs knows that many of them tend to be shared, depending on provider and the kind of connection used when banned. therefore, whoever is banned under a shared ip can have an entire vicinity banned (street, hotel, coffee shop, library, town, city, etc). it's something i suggest the mods look into before banning IPs.

• Like 2

I realize this is an old thread - but I have been having these issues of late. 

I tried clearing cookies etc - have this issue across browsers.

And then I realized - if I'm on VPN to my work network, I don't hit this issue. 

If I am directly logged in from my home Wi-Fi, I get the "Banned" message - again, I am fairly sure I haven't done anything to deserve it! 

If I login using WiFi tethering from my mobile data, again, no issues.

So it seems my home WiFi / internet IP address is being blocked by the rotoworld forums (rotoworld website has no issues, only the forums) - no idea why. 

Any help regarding this would be great!

@xenmax, sorry to hear you're having trouble.  Please send an email to help@rotoworld.com with your username and a description of the problem and the RW support staff should be able to help you out.

18 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

@xenmax, sorry to hear you're having trouble.  Please send an email to help@rotoworld.com with your username and a description of the problem and the RW support staff should be able to help you out.

Thanks for the reply. Next time I see the problem, I'll capture the details and send a mail to help as you suggested.

Just saw this. Happened to me like a month ago. I emailed mods, no one responded, just went away I guess.