taobball

Justin Verlander 2017 Outlook

127 posts in this topic

Fantasy baseball rules:

 

1. Don't start pitchers at Coors

2. Stream against the Padres

3. Don't start Verlander against the Indians.

 

He's benched against them moving forward. It's a phenomenon I don't understand, but it's there.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I once did a Jager Bomb with JV in a bar in Cleveland after he got destroyed by the tribe. 2006, and it was ugly:

http://baseball-almanac.cloudhostedresources.com/?task=get&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.baseball-almanac.com%2Fbox-scores%2Fboxscore.php%3Fboxid%3D200608260CLE

 

I paid for the shots, he offered to sign my Carlos Guillen jersey and I declined, told him I don't do autographs. 

 

He gave me the knuckles, blew it up, and said "that's cool man". I was ****faced.

 

Might belong in the CSB thread, but there it is. 

 
Years ago (too lazy to look it up but Verlander was either in his first or second season), a group of buddies and I made a road trip from mid Michigan to Cleveland for a ball game. Verlander pitched that night and gavewe were partying in the Flats that evening and ran into some Tigers players like Curtis Granderson, Craig Monroe, Marcus Thames, and the recently rocked JV. Me in my drunken stupor said to Verlander as I past him on the street "nice game tonight!", not being a dick, just being drunk. 

Fast forward a half hour, hour, maybe more (remember I am ****faced) I run into JV at a bar. I just bellied up to the bar and didn't know he was there until my buddy pointed him out. I ordered Jager Bombs for me, my buddy, and JV. We downed the bombs and JV asked me if I wanted him to sign my jersey (a Carlos Guillen #9) or my hat and I told him that I don't do autographs. JV told me "That's cool, man" and gave me knuckles and blew it up. 
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2017 at 10:14 PM, mtblock said:

Fantasy baseball rules:

 

 

3. Don't start Verlander against the Indians.

 

He's benched against them moving forward. It's a phenomenon I don't understand, but it's there.

yea i didnt really think this was an actual thing until his last outing.  so.....same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

yea i didnt really think this was an actual thing until his last outing.  so.....same.

Oh its a known thing. He repeatedly struggles against them, which is odd because they have had quite some roster turnover over the years. And its not just 3-4 ER starts either...usually 5ER or more.

 

My pitching has been god awful this week. Musgrove, Cotton, CMart, Paxton, Norris. Who knows what we'll get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, billydough said:

I once did a Jager Bomb with JV in a bar in Cleveland after he got destroyed by the tribe. 2006, and it was ugly:

http://baseball-almanac.cloudhostedresources.com/?task=get&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.baseball-almanac.com%2Fbox-scores%2Fboxscore.php%3Fboxid%3D200608260CLE

 

I paid for the shots, he offered to sign my Carlos Guillen jersey and I declined, told him I don't do autographs. 

 

He gave me the knuckles, blew it up, and said "that's cool man". I was ****faced.

 

Might belong in the CSB thread, but there it is. 

But it's actually a cool story, bro.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did he forget how to pitch in the AL Central?  Unbelievable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2017 at 5:17 PM, BMcP said:

Wonder if Kate chimes in on this appearance

 

Now she's officially PO'd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im starting to lose faith...his age and past injury are starting to cause concern

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

im starting to lose faith...his age and past injury are starting to cause concern

April

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

giphy.gif

 

As long as JV has that, he will always be a winner. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

im starting to lose faith...his age and past injury are starting to cause concern

 

17 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

April

I sure hope  @fawkes_mulder is right and @summersoff7 is wrong..... because I bought shares of Verlander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

giphy.gif

 

As long as JV has that, he will always be a winner. 

she looks like an idiot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

she looks like an idiot

If she danced like that in front of you, you'd need a clean pair of shorts.

Edited by Cmilne23
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Line not so bad but already at 61 pitches through 3.  Why is he struggling to get out of innings?  It's becoming a disturbing pattern regardless of which team he's facing.

Edited by borindia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, borindia said:

Line not so bad but already at 61 pitches through 3.  Why is he struggling to get out of innings?  It's becoming a disturbing pattern regardless of which team he's facing.

I'm watching the game, he looks pretty damn good.  Hitting 96-97 regularly.  Seattle batters are just fouling tons of balls causing him to work.  Seattle lineup ain't no slouch either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2017 at 8:03 PM, summersoff7 said:

she looks like an idiot

 

There goes the engaging conversation fantasy.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2017 at 10:58 AM, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

giphy.gif

 

As long as JV has that, he will always be a winner. 

 

too bad you can't post the "hacked" photos of her that are on display....lol

simply incredible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, matdotmarshall said:

Weird, I clicked "next" and got redirected to middle school.

 

 

I'm always disappointed by the lack of maturity on fantasy sports sites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.