2ndCitySox

Jake Lamb 2017 Outlook

60 posts in this topic

How is his defense?  That could dictate whether he has a longer leash to play everyday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Lamb will easily be thought of as a top 7 3Bman, likely top 5 this time next year. .270, 35, 90 year upcoming. The biggest sleeper in fantasy baseball this year. He changed his swing and VERY quietly was among the best hitters in baseball first half of last year. He plays in a park that's almost as good as Coors and his #'s took a dive over injury in second half last year. I am utterly shocked at the industries opinion of him currently. I've been playing fantasy baseball since 1992 and he's my utter lock for fantasy value this year.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2017 at 9:02 PM, maguirekm said:

Lamb will easily be thought of as a top 7 3Bman, likely top 5 this time next year. .270, 35, 90 year upcoming. The biggest sleeper in fantasy baseball this year. He changed his swing and VERY quietly was among the best hitters in baseball first half of last year. He plays in a park that's almost as good as Coors and his #'s took a dive over injury in second half last year. I am utterly shocked at the industries opinion of him currently. I've been playing fantasy baseball since 1992 and he's my utter lock for fantasy value this year.

Wow I hope you're right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that Lamb's current price is an absolute steal. Should be an easy bet for 30 100 RBI's health permitting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

I agree that Lamb's current price is an absolute steal. Should be an easy bet for 30 100 RBI's health permitting. 

 

I wouldn't go that far and say it's an "easy bet" he reaches those numbers. 30 and 100 is closer to his ceiling than his floor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Willsea33 said:

 

I wouldn't go that far and say it's an "easy bet" he reaches those numbers. 30 and 100 is closer to his ceiling than his floor. 

 

I agree 30 and 100 isn't "easy", but to be fair he went 29 and 91 in 523 AB's last year at age 25, with a .294 BABIP.  So I think with a fully healthy year, and some progression baked in, it's also not what I'd give him as a ceiling.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got him #175 overall and that feels like a steal.  Are people THAT scared off by his poor second half?  Couldn't he be hitting his prime? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, midlip said:

Are people THAT scared off by his poor second half?  Couldn't he be hitting his prime?

 

My two primary leagues of old veteran fantasy ballers both bid Lamb into the mid double digits. They were not scared off. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, midlip said:

I just got him #175 overall and that feels like a steal.  Are people THAT scared off by his poor second half?  Couldn't he be hitting his prime? 

Wow that's late. I've got him ranked at 121 but I'm really high on him this year. I wouldn't let him fall past 135-140ish picks. Part of me wonders if his poor 2nd half has anything to do with him playing nearly 50 more games than he ever had before in his career (previous high of 107). I dug a little deeper into this and noticed that his numbers really started to take a dive in August, by which time he had already played 97 games. There was a significant drop off in his average and BABIP in particular in August and September/October. His BB% and K% during those latter months were not much different from his numbers from April to July and actually had good percentages in September/October yet his ave/babip were still low. His contact rates don't really stand out and indicate they were the cause either so I'm not really sure what to think here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.