Heaven Cent

James Johnson 2016-2017 Season Outlook

Minutes were perplexing.  Derrick Williams played the entire first quarter, very poorly.  Johnson didn't do a whole lot while he was on the floor so Spoelstra probably just went with other people.  Huge letdown game though.

Gonna tout him again for deep leagues and stocks streaming. Kinda almost had a 5x5 tonight!

10 pts 7 reb 5 ast 3 stl 2 blk

Averaging 1.4 blks and 1.2 stls in the past 5, in 30+ mpg. Not really a game changer but he's doing well enough. 

He gets one of those threes to go down and that line is very juicy. Has to have earned a role by now even with Justice coming back. Most productive player for Miami at the 4.

Whats happen 2 him when Richardson and Winslow are back next week??

7 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Whats happen 2 him when Richardson and Winslow are back next week??

Streamed and don't know whether I should drop. Somebody please weigh-in on this.

We know Justice is still going 2 get his 35 min so its tough..

personally I'm holding til he proves otherwise but he's on a short leash

He plays PF exclusively. His competition for minutes at that spot are Derrick Williams, Josh McBob and Luke Babbitt. Consistently outproduced them all year.

The only danger is if when all of Miami's perimeter players are healthy, do they play Winslow at the 4. Winslow likely sees some time there, capping James Johnsons upside, but I dont think he plays an awful lot of time there. 25 minutes of JJ should be safe enough

Even before Winslow got injured, he was putting up similar line.  Just had a bad start of the season.

This stream could possibly help me win this week. 

No reason to drop this dude, he stuffs it most nights, he has nothing to prove to the naysayers.

5 hours ago, jehob said:

personally I'm holding til he proves otherwise but he's on a short leash

Second that. My WW is so thin and my team so inconsistent I can't afford dropping this kind of production before proven that he don't have a role when everybody is healthy-

He's earned a bit of a leash imo; if only for the simple fact that you won't find his kind of production on the WW. He's been on my watch list for years now due to his solid production in a decent role, but usually that role only lasts for some weeks. Let's hope he can keep this up in Miami, he should have little competition for minutes at the 4 on this team.

Dumping a guy like Sergio Rodriguez for James is kind of an easy decision right ? Sergio is just a one cat guy. 

4 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Dumping a guy like Sergio Rodriguez for James is kind of an easy decision right ? Sergio is just a one cat guy. 

Belongs in the AC section, but yeah. If James keeps producing like this (or just a tad worse) he's a great glue guy.

I knew he wouldnt last the game after the 1st tech. Dude was in a bad mood all game.

Well this sucks...

James Johnson PF MIA is OUT Tuesday vs NYK - right rotator cuff strain 

ehhhh might drop him for Josh Richardson in hopes that he actually plays tomorrow.

too many injuries on my squad to sit idle with JJ right now.

Didn't he get ejected his last game?? How did this injury occur. I literally picked him up this week 2 stream so this really sucks.. Does any1 have any idea if this could be a long term injury??